ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waving?

Clio 172 Cup
So had my Clio a week now and loving it!!

A quick question do Clio Sport drivers give a wave at each other as they drive past? I know when I had a VW camper and a Subaru people waved so just wondering if same for fellow Clio drivers?

Cheers

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
There may be people out there that flash others in the same marque of car, its not something I'd do personally because the other person would probably just think "what the f***s he flashing at"

Its just a Clio at the end of the day

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've had lots of RS owners over the years , flash their lights , nod or raise their hand in acknowledgement .

Clio 172 Cup
That's confirmed that one then do nothing unless someone flashes at you for some unknown reason!!! 😊

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Mini drivers are the worst and ever other cars a mini so don't get a break..

I have a 90's hot hatch, I'll give an rs turbo or fiat uni turbo etc a nod, that's about it.

LindaA

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 200
I always give a friendly wave to other Renaultsport drivers, but don't usually get one back! And my car has a name and is female.
But I am a girlie............

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I wave. First day I took the Megane out there was a Clio behind. Hazard on and a flash from him. Then I dropped it down and let the turbo do its thing and he was a gonna through the twisteeezxfs.

Bar the last bit everything else was true life

Clio with a body kit
I'll give a nod sometimes if something catches my eye. If they are interested they will probably of already spotted you and will nod back.

If I spotted a vee on the road I think I'd Make an exception and wave frantically and flash my lights.

A few R26 drivers round my way always flash me etc, I like that. Folks in 182's just ignore me, even when I'm next to them they just look dead ahead. F**k 'em!
One noddy I often see in a black 172 with yellow foglights (because scene) always ignores me too. He drives like dickhead too, so I'm ok with that.

197 Cup
It's just a nod of appreciation, a nice gesture imo

Used to own a Panda 100HP and when ever I saw another, I always got a wave or flash of lights

Listerine & Poledo
So had my Clio a week now and loving it!!

A quick question do Clio Sport drivers give a wave at each other as they drive past? I know when I had a VW camper and a Subaru people waved so just wondering if same for fellow Clio drivers?

Cheers
Not that I ever found.
Sometimes another Clio owner will viciously cut you up as they try to prove to themseles that £900 of modifications were totally worth it.

But no, owners-club waving isn't even massive in the MX5 community (well, it is for the Mk1/2 people, Mk.3's think they're a bit better so dont bother) and given the amount of testosterone attached to Clios, if you wave at another one, they'll probably think you're calling them a c**t

Monaco Blue 172
We tend to wave at other campervans, 99% of the time, there's acknowledgement either way.

Ggenerally, when I was in the Clio, it'd be a knowing nod of approval to fellow Renaultsport owners, nothing too excitable lol!

Currently driving around in a BMW, sorry, Mini Cooper SD and had a few waves, but I don't intend waving back as they're ten a penny!!! My brother in his classic mini does the wave thing to fellow classic owners....It's a rarity thing I guess...although campers are v.popular now

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I do if I see one - why not? ;)

Admittedly I have see some let onto me at the very last minute before I realised and they probably just think "miserable cnut"!