ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer jet fluid drains as quick as I fill it

as above I think I've split a pipe but have no idea how to get to it or where it is?? It's draining from near the passenger archway

BMW M135i
More likely to be a split bottle if its draining out that fast. Its probably coming out the skuttle drain on the passenger side which dumps it behind the arch liner.

Bus w**ker
Dunno if the Mk2 washer setup is owt like the Mk1, but if it is check the rubber washer around the actual pumps going into the bottle, they usually rot and your fluid will piss out.

From good ole Ilson too I see. ;)

Dunno if the Mk2 washer setup is owt like the Mk1, but if it is check the rubber washer around the actual pumps going into the bottle, they usually rot and your fluid will piss out.

From good ole Ilson too I see. ;)

Iam in deed from good old ilson
How would I check the washer??

Bus w**ker
If the pumps are the same as with the Mk1 just remove them by removing them, pulling them out lol, from the actual bottle and checking the condition of the rubber washer.

Be warned though I've no idea if the setup on a Mk2 is the same or if it is whether removal is as easy as on a Mk1. So you're best to check it out first, or ask someone with experience. You will be able to see the pumps fitted into the recesses of the water bottle though if they are that sort of setup.

Edit: From a quick search on google it looks like the Mk2s have a dual screen pump, so you'll only have one fitted.

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
No worries, matt, mine was doing it last week, the rubber pipe hadn't been put back on the headlight washer after the bumper came off last, so it was just spewing out.

Bumper off, inspect washer pipes.

Bus w**ker
have you done one before dude? Nudge nudge
lol I've done them on a Mk1 yeah...

But what dave88 has said sounds like a more likely culprit, I remember reading somewhere that there is a common fault with the headlight washers but didn't even register until he mentioned it lol. FAIL.

If you get desperate for a hand give me a shout, if I've nowt on I'll pop over and suck through my teeth whilst saying "Ooh it's gonna cost ya" ;) lol.

Bus w**ker
Did they all spray at the same rate as they did before you noticed your flamers incontinence?

If it's the rubber washer on the pumps then the water will only drain to just below where the hole in the bottle is, so the pump will still be able to pull water in. I wouldn't of expected the headlight washers to work though if it were a disconnect or badly, and it would have to be to piss out, damaged pipe feeding them.

It could even be that the pump is just not sat correctly in the recess of the bottle, just needs pushing down on it until it clicks in, so that could be worth a look.

Or, after all this lol, the bottle itself could be cracked due to the cold and need replacing.