ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vista

PH1 172
Just want to know if it's true that you can't run pirate copies of software when running Windows Vista?

Any info will be appreciated as if this is true then I will wait and buy an XP format laptop instead.

Cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
false

also, if youre gonna be running a pirated vista, just be careful what updates you do, including media players etc as they all contain stuff that can tell if youre copy is legit or not.

if found to be pirated, itll give you a few warnings and then lock you out of your pc completely, only allowing you to use the internet.

Clio 2.0 172
Ye try to stay away from microsoft programs, because if your unlucky youll get fkd over for it.

PH1 172
Cheers for the info

false

also, if youre gonna be running a pirated vista, just be careful what updates you do, including media players etc as they all contain stuff that can tell if youre copy is legit or not.

if found to be pirated, itll give you a few warnings and then lock you out of your pc completely, only allowing you to use the internet.

The Vista is a legit copy as it comes with the Dell laptop from the factory but just wanted to know whether my first post info was true about Vista being able to report of pirate software on your laptop i.e. internet security or microsoft office etc?

Tesla MP3 2021
false

There are clever pirated versions though. Ones that run pre-cracked scripts on boot up and so on.

I know of someone who has run this particular copy for well over 12 months and does every update available without any issues ;).....

Last edited:
  PH1 172
Am I right in saying that I can run a legit version of Vista but still run pirate copies of other software e.g. Office, Internet security etc?

Tesla MP3 2021
Am I right in saying that I can run a legit version of Vista but still run pirate copies of other software e.g. Office, Internet security etc?

Yes Vista wont do anything about it but the actual programme it self could be found out as being a pirate copy from the company who makes it.

Tesla MP3 2021
:eek: I am only going to use it for Office and possibly internet security:eek:

Internet Security is one thing I do get properly, well sort of lol.

You can get a full years licence of ebay for Kaspersky Internet Security which is one of the best for about £6

PH1 172
Only lol Will OpenOffice fullfil your Office needs? It's free: http://www.openoffice.org/ and who on earth needs to pirate security software. Either use free software of which there's plenty to choose from or fork out the few quid they cost!

If it is like Microsoft office i.e. word, excel etc then that's cool :)

Internet software I meant using the free software e.g. AVG that's on the internet and just thought that was not a legit copy :eek:

Tesla MP3 2021
If it is like Microsoft office i.e. word, excel etc then that's cool :)

Internet software I meant using the free software e.g. AVG that's on the internet and just thought that was not a legit copy :eek:

You having a laugh lol ;)

PH1 172
You having a laugh lol ;)

Mate I can use a computer and do most things but when it comes to software/hardware I am pretty useless so when I heard about not being able to use pirate software when using Vista I thought I best check:eek: