ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

views on toyo proxes T1-R's ?

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
considering buying toyo proxes t1-r's for my clio, anyone got any views on them, or if there is any better tyres i could consider buying for the same price roughly?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
PE2's.

I had T1R's on my fiesta (still do on the rear) and although they are very predictable, their grip is poor at best. In the wet they are properly dangerous.

I swapped to PE2's on the front earlier in the week and the difference is night and day. Literally incredible.

I had them on the front of my 197 and rated them to be honest, very predictable. Just had them fitted to my Puma all round as tbh, they were the cheapest option without going for horrible unknown branded budgets, and I still rate them, although I havent been able to really test them as there are other things need doing to the puma at the moment.

Sunflower Ph1 172
PE2's.

I had T1R's on my fiesta (still do on the rear) and although they are very predictable, their grip is poor at best. In the wet they are properly dangerous.

I swapped to PE2's on the front earlier in the week and the difference is night and day. Literally incredible.

I wouldn't go as far to say tehy are dangerous. I know a couple of people who have used them on trackdays etc. and they have been ok. They aren't great, but the aren't dangerous. The a Mich PE2 or PS3 (iirc they are now called) are the best way to compliment the handling of a 172

Sunflower Ph1 172
I find in the wet they are horrific. In the dry with some heat in them they are fine. But cold and wet I did not enjoy.

You should try Pirelli P6000 (the tyres the ZS came with out of the factory) now they are dangerous. Well and truely.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
PE2's.

slow down in the wet maybe??

PMSL at dangerous int he wet, even on my fucked puma they are far from dangerous in the wet. They are a predictable decent tire and at the right price I would buy again and again.

Evo 5 RS
Been covered dozens of times. Cheap tyre with a mega old compound. Good on the road in the dry, fairly hard side walls and OK in the wet. Although wear fairly quickly in comparison to other tyres in the same price range

Track, only if you're working to pittance and wouldn't even think about using them in the wet

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
I wouldn't go as far to say tehy are dangerous. I know a couple of people who have used them on trackdays etc. and they have been ok. They aren't great, but the aren't dangerous. The a Mich PE2 or PS3 (iirc they are now called) are the best way to compliment the handling of a 172

what sort of price are the PE2's?

I have them on my Ph1 track toy, for the price i think they are very good, dry with some heat in them i have no complaints what so ever, i even found when wet on track they weren't that bad. Yes they aren't the best in the wet, but if you are aware of this and easy on the throttle there is no problem with them, as soon as you plant the foot they will spin/understeer but any tyre will do that...

SG9 Forester STi
I've used them for years and have never had a problem with them. Great value for money.

Don't fare too well on track though, I melted mine!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I found them to be OK on the OH's dCi Clio wet and dry.

They were adequate on my Scoob in the dry and below confidence inspiring in the wet .. but I've just replaced all 4 for Hankook V12s and the difference in grip wet and dry is huge.

In the wet these things are immense. Had them on an old Clio 172 for a while too and found the same thing.

Roughly in the same price bracket as the T1-R's.

No contest for me.

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
What speed rating are they giving you? They tend to give you a speed rating for a speed you'll never ever get close to achieving.

there giving me a V, what speed rating should i be looking for? and i think they are wheels of another renault, they're not clio ones, but there definatly 185/55/15's, possibly off a megane, 10 spokes

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
I've had the T1-R's for over a year now and think they're great tyres for the normal road, I've had them over the Pennines from Yorkshire to Manchester in every kind of weather imaginable and never had a problem, you drive to the conditions and be aware of how your car performs. Tried them on a track day and found the side walls far too soft.

2nd Black 1.2
have them all round on mine, in the dry theyre great (then again i dont exactly have the power to put the rubber to use) but in the wet, i need to buy new seat covers

Renault Clio 1.6 16v
Any pictures?

ill get one up in a minute, im about to spray them so they have been sanded if your wondering why they are looking s**t. 004.JPG

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've run them on the Trophy for dry/wet road & track and think they are perfectly fine. For £36 a corner, they are also an utter bargain.

Very predictable and the wear was fine, even with silly camber. Although tbh, for the price, i didnt really care, just buy some more.

A PE2 is certainly not worth twice the money imho.

TTRS & V50
As I said just get 195/50r15

This from camskill is uber cheap.

I really like them, ran them on my old Clio from new and got them on the Golf too. Once they have heat in them the grip is great.

People who are slating them are the people that drive too fast in wet conditions. No they aren't the best in wet and cold condition, but do they need to be ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i used to run them on my mapped DCI100, were more than up to the job, didnt last very long i used to get 5k (hard miles) out a front set running a pretty aggressive front suspension/geometry setup.

wern't the grippiest in the wet but you could still drive more than quick enough to loose your licence in the wet without issues!

very predictable tyre, best budget performance tyre you can get imo, i swapped to them after eagle F1s took a big price hike a few years back.

ran T1R's on my ph1 172 after i refurbed the wheels as i needed a set of tyres asap to get it MOT'd and that was starting to push their limits, PE2's were much better but cost a s**t load more!

people who say they are dangerous in the wet have no concept of how to drive a car quickly in the wet!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I have literally never had a problem in the wet with them. Ever. They do wear quickly compared to PE2's, but they're a fraction of the price.

Never driven on track though, no idea how they fair there.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
They are okay. Nothing great but better than budgets. Also consider Falken FK452s and ZE912s. They are very similar performance and price. Probably last longer too.

Suzuki Jimny
Ruined my sidewalls on track, but they are cheap.

Much better than superhappygrip tyres.