ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very lucky escape, huge lesson learned.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ready for the next mug to buy. Thanks for nothing.

Whats crawled up your ass?

Also if you read this thread and then go buy a car without HPI'ing it then you deserve to find yourself in exactly the same situation i was in.

Exactly.

People in here....'' I can't believe you bought a car without HPI'ing it. But I think you should tell people/name and shame so they don't buy it''

Well if you heed your own advice, you won't get caught out will you so whats the problem??

Clio 200 Cup
I follow a simple rule...

All car dealers are lying scum-of-the-earth dishonest basterds. Sorry if this offends, exceptions are rare in my bitter experience.

You should certainly report this case to trading standards as the seller is obviously going to try to sell this hooky car to some unsuspecting individual.

Last edited:

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Pleased you got it resolved mate.

And Daniel - You really are a good bloke. Why you're still helping people on here the amount you have been messed around by people in the past I don't know, lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pleased you got it resolved mate.

And Daniel - You really are a good bloke. Why you're still helping people on here the amount you have been messed around by people in the past I don't know, lol.

Well I won't be helping this c**t out thats for sure.

I follow a simple rule...

All car dealers are lying scum-of-the-earth dishonest basterds. Sorry if this offends, exceptions are rare in my bitter experience.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Well I won't be helping this c**t out thats for sure.

Lol.

I considered selling my Focus again, had a quick look on AT, range in price from roughly a packet of smarties to £5K. WTF? I don't know why I bother, I will clearly keep it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Focii are all over the place. I'm paying the same for them now as I was 2 years ago and they're still as popular as ever.

I bought a Y plate today actually, 98k, 1 owner from new, FSH, I paid Just short of £1100 for it. LAst year and the year before they were going for the same money! Mental.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Focii are all over the place. I'm paying the same for them now as I was 2 years ago and they're still as popular as ever.

I bought a Y plate today actually, 98k, 1 owner from new, FSH, I paid Just short of £1100 for it. LAst year and the year before they were going for the same money! Mental.

Good news, lol.

Mine is pretty good nick, 100K, 10 stamps, cam belt done etc, so think it would go for decent money. I just don't know what I want in it's place that will do 40+MPG and be reliable.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Nice one again Dan, and good look to MKF in the search.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Fair enough if you feel things could get out of hand ect.

At least everyone reading this thread will defo be alot more cautious when buying a car that matches the one you had trouble with as well as making sure they HPI a car themselves.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think you done the correct thing, you arn't out of pocket, guy doesnt want to knife you for reporting him to trading standards,

if someone is that interested they will HPI it and wont buy it, if they arn't they wont, will buy it and probably have many happy miles motoring oblivious to the cars history

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
still the guy needs ratting to some sort of authority. Its nice you are not out of pocket but some other mug will be shortly...

Rusty Cup
Its clear this thread has hit a nerve with some people and i agree the kind of activity this guy is involed in is sick but im not the guy thats going to miraculously stop this kind of fraud simply by naming and shaming one person.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lucky! Nice read.

Lol @ the do gooders wanting to shop him! He'll get what he deserves one day probably.

You deffo did the best thing all round!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
So he got all his money back but everyone thinks he should take it further? Just asking for trouble imo.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Daniel i couldnt agree more mate but then we must be blessed with more common sense than most people on here :)

Just had to f**king laugh at this, you are blessed with more common sence than others, thats why you created this thread? because you didnt have the common sence to hpi a car more like and nearly got shafted :butt:

Mini Cooper S sport
Glad you got your money back - lucky escape and lesson learned I guess.

I've never HPId any car I've bought from main dealers, because I assume they wouldn't be trying to sell stolen or hooky cars and would HPI it themselves.

I would from smaller/independent dealers though, and without fail on private sales.

Rusty Cup
Just had to f**king laugh at this, you are blessed with more common sence than others, thats why you created this thread? because you didnt have the common sence to hpi a car more like and nearly got shafted :butt:

Yea that was the Jack Daniels talking its well in Poland so I'll be making the most of it for the next few nights.

When I bought my current car from a main dealer I thought to HPi it which came back as totally clear. Was fitting the compulsory Silvervisions and thought what is that paint run near the rear light cluster. Found another one in the door shut. My son works as a paint sprayer and confirmed that the car had the complete driver's side repainted. Also noticed trim was loose by rear window. Went back to the dealer to ask if the work had been carried out in a proper Renault workshop so that the paint warranty was valid. I was informed by the Garage that it had been repaired in a Renault workshop. It was only when I had problems with the seat and tried to get it done under warranty that I had more trouble as Renault refused to do anything but never gave me a proper explanation except what do you expect from a car with 40,000 miles it's normal; wear and tear. Eventually my son met a technician from Renault who remembered my car coming in to the bodyshop as it had been used on the track a lot by the driver Renault were supporting in some championship. Due to this the warranty would have been voided and the accident damage was unrecorded. He said at least your dad got the better one. I remember that the Garage had another one in after I bought mine. Moral for me. Don't trust an HPi all it will show is if a car has been involved in a declared accident or if it had ever been stolen.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I hardly think naming + shaming someone on here can be compared with being shot in the head. What you have basically said is "I dont give a f**k about the next person solongs im ok". Im glad you got your many back and it all ended smoothly for you, but it just seems a bit selfish to me. Its not about having common sense, its about helping out the next person down the line...