ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vacuum noise behind dash 16v

Zafira and GSXR
Clio 1.8 16v (1993)

Does anyone else have this noise when giving the car death.

Both mine and my mates do it but I cant find were it is coming from lol

I cant find any type of vacuum pipe behind the dash at all.

although since my car has been playing up I havent heard it :(

any ideas what it is ??

cheers

Zafira and GSXR
yer I have a Piper and he has a K&N

but it sounds right in the car around the glove box

It even does it some times when you rev it on the spot but not every time.

I'd say it the IK.

Alternatively, the tape that gets wrapped around the plastic wire tubing sometimes solidies over time and makes that noise when disturbed (like reving/airflow)...i've had that before.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
I have the same thing, but its more of a vibration (rattle) than a vacuum. I only have a 1.4, but it only started with my K&N as far as I remember!

I think it's my hosing actualy! Gonna attach it a bit more firmly!

-Akira

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
I have a loud whining noise that comes from behind the glovebox when i hit 3.5k....its the heater matrix, maybe the same on yours?

i have a buzzing noise in the glovebox aswell, cant isolate it.....its electrical.......and the most annoying thing in the world. Only over 4000rpm though...weird.

JoeJoe said:
I have a loud whining noise that comes from behind the glovebox when i hit 3.5k....its the heater matrix, maybe the same on yours?

I'd say this as well - could be worth changing it or giving it a good flush through to try and loosen the crap in it as it might be blocked.

Trophy
Partial blockage restricting the water flow which increases with revs.
Some have a limiter valve in the pipe attached to the matrix.

Mat.

Valver
Mine seems to have a high pitched noise coming from behind the glove box on occasion! How do you clean the heater matrix then?

Mk1 Clio 1.8 16v
Sami said:
Ben did it stop the noise?
How easy is it to change the heater matrix? :S

Ive been told its a complete dash out job, thats why ive never tried to do anything about it....tho if anyone knows for sure it would be appreciated!