ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V reg Mk1 clio??

So it was sitting around at a dealer until 1999?

Shame it was so battered, would have been worth something (well, a little something) if it had actually been looked after.

Not a Clio anymore.....

Shame it was so battered, would have been worth something (well, a little something) if it had actually been looked after.

No mate, its a private plate as it has less than 7 characters. Its not a 1993 car not sold for 6 years...... :S

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
If its a private plate it MUST be at least a 1999 if not newer then, as a plate cannot be issued to a car that will make it look newer than its actual age.

Saying that i know a few poeple who have/had cars with only 2 numbers on the red and they were the ones to be originally issued with the car

Its illegal to make anycar look newer than it actually is so a 1993 car must have a K plate or lower

put it this way, V is a big no no lol.

Ph-Sold!

No mate, its a private plate as it has less than 7 characters. Its not a 1993 car not sold for 6 years...... :S

Lots of cars have plates less than 7 characters, my old Clio had a 6 character plate, remember the numbers can go from 1 to 999, doesn't make them a private plate necessarily..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I once new a guy with a 1998 mk1 clio 1.8 16v, it was a late registered one.

Its deffo not a private plate as been said before, you can't make a car look newr than it is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nah it cant of been a private plate, as a private plate would of had to of been K reg or older, you are not allowed to make an old car look newer than it is

then it's a stolen car with someone else's plate imo

Why?? its probably just a late reg'd one. Year of manufacture and date of registration are two different things.

Lol - it's just a standard reg plate !!
It's not a private reg at all, my dad had old sierra once with only two numbers too lol.

lol

I can't believe what I've started!

As above, it wasn't a private plate, you can't make a car look newer than it is, and you can have 'normal' plates with only two numbers.

I'd love to find that '98 valver though, that would be mint :cool:

VRM: v57kpa
MANUFACTURER: RENAULT
MODEL: CLIO RT 1.4
BODY TYPE: Saloon
COLOUR: WHITE
FUEL TYPE: Petrol
ENGINE SIZE: 1390 CC
DATE REGISTERED: 01/04/03
FORMER KEEPERS: 1

as the above post also, number plate check says it all, obviously was sitting around for afew years, and put on a v plate