ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Red 200.

What would you pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Ultra Red 200 ordered.

Finally found a video clip of the new interior colour scheme. Ignore the French special edition leather trim & dash.

Note the white rev counter and red stitching on the wheel. You also get the 'Carbon Effect' centre console as part of the Recaro trim upgrade now.

Sh*t vid, but it's all I could find, with it being a fairly new change.

<3 it. Much better than the yellow IMO. And it matches the colour of the car. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

What rear seats/doorcards do you get with the Recaros? And I hope you're getting an RS steering wheel insert?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

What rear seats/doorcards do you get with the Recaros? And I hope you're getting an RS steering wheel insert?

Just the usual FF ones. You can have leather door cards, dash and rear seats if you have the full leather option.

Its the same price as the Recaros, but obviously you just get the standard front seats.

Only the Raider comes with the leather Recaros, as well as the other leather bits from the usual leather pack.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Love it. Id prob have the black roof too tho i guess it wouldnt be hard to add that after.
Love UR, my megane wears it but its a bugger for swirls. Mine needs a rotary on it. The porter cable isnt enough.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it. Id prob have the black roof too tho i guess it wouldnt be hard to add that after.
Love UR, my megane wears it but its a bugger for swirls. Mine needs a rotary on it. The porter cable isnt enough.

Renaults wear a similar clearcoat to the ceramic one on mercs, audis etc.

Moonlight Blue 225
Re: Decision time. EDIT: Ultra Red ordered.

From what I've read on Facebook, my bare shell's probably quicker than Brett's 182 at the moment. Lol

Thats renault for you. Id love a renault that had no rattles, taps, bangs and nothing to worry about. One day maybe, one day.....

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Love the spec chris, just detail it to high heaven and it will look awesome.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Renaults wear a similar clearcoat to the ceramic one on mercs, audis etc.

Love the spec chris, just detail it to high heaven and it will look awesome.

Yeah, that's the plan.

I've already bought the 6000k HID upgrade for the projectors. I'll get the smaller, plain front plate and plain rear like Jay's when I know the registration number.

Tempted by those anodised wheel bolts in the group buy too.

Kev, I'll post in the detailing section. I could do with some sage advice.

Re: Decision time. Help required...

Says these are for off road use only? Not much use then?

It's patter to cover the company's ass due to HIDs being such a grey area legally. I had the exact same kit for over a year and they're fine for road use.

They need a ballast pack to actually work.

They'll pass an MOT if they make the correct beam pattern and are aligned properly. Washers and auto levellers only need to work if they are fitted, if they're not there, they can't test them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Exactly right, yeah. They're fine as long as they're fitted to projector lenses and aligned correctly.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Have you driven the Cup and Non-Cup suspension variants? Is there a great deal of difference in terms of 'firmness'? (Also, don't know if anyone knows how that compares with a Trophy).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah I drove both. I was always going to order the Cup chassis but drove both anyway.

Both ride better than the Trophy and MUCH better than a Cup chassis 133. Lol

I thought the rack was a bit sleepy on the normal 200 though. 7% quicker with the Cup chassis makes a massive difference!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

End of April to the end of May. That's what they're estimated so far.

I only ordered it last Sunday though

Fiesta ST-3

After seeing a White 200 today in the flesh. I think you made the right choice and I retract my opinion :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and a new car doesn't get mot'd for 3 years! Winning! :eek:

Nimbus 197
Red! I wouldn't buy a white car ever again!! And I hate Red cars!! But over white! Yes defo Red!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Have you driven the Cup and Non-Cup suspension variants? Is there a great deal of difference in terms of 'firmness'? (Also, don't know if anyone knows how that compares with a Trophy).

Non cup left me feeling cold and disappointed (when comparing to the trophy).

I'm very keen to try the cup chassis now though, and I'll do my best to test it objectively rather than subjectively. (because I actually really want a 200 ;) )

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm very keen to try the cup chassis now though, and I'll do my best to test it objectively rather than subjectively. (because I actually really want a 200 ;) )

If you're still undecided when mine comes, then have a gander at the next meet if you want mate.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Same. I walked away from the non-cup 200 drive feeling totally underwhelmed.

The following week i drove an R27, which was much better. I can only imagine that the cup-packed 200 is better again.

One thing i will add though, is that they HAVE to have Recaros. If they dont, the interior is quite simply poverty stricken.

They even make the pikey cup model 197's look good ...

Status
Not open for further replies.