ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra Red 200.

What would you pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Trophy #490
Its not.

Extra grip does not necessarily mean better handling ;)

This I am not denying, but I did around 30k in my Trophy, and I ever so slightly preferred the 200! Undoubtedly the Trophy is absolutely formidable on a challenging road, even seven years later, but the 200's still moved the game on a little.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the 200 to the 197's looks too. The 200's front end is ugly, but in a sort of loveable, characterful way. lol.

Aside from the front of a 197, the rest of the car looks so weak in comparison to the 200. They've lots of presence even in standard trim.

This is true! Fat little f*****s.

Needs a wide load sticker for Le Mans lol

M135i and the shed
Motorways were not my 197's favourite place either! 80mph at over 4000rpm with a decatted Yozza. Not. Good.

The 200 looks awesome Christopher. Really lovely car and as you've said, the fact it's not a pretty as the 197 somehow gives it more character.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Not too dissimilar to the 182 then? I'm sure at 80 or so it's around 4k?!?!

Yeah, the actual revs at 80mph are roughly 4k in 6th in the 197/200 (with longer ratio box) and 4k in 5th in the 182.

Just for some reason, in the 197/200 it felt far more frantic than the 182 for some reason.

Also, 28 mpg vs 36mpg lol.

Yeah, the actual revs at 80mph are roughly 4k in 6th in the 197/200 (with longer ratio box) and 4k in 5th in the 182.

Just for some reason, in the 197/200 it felt far more frantic than the 182 for some reason.

Also, 28 mpg vs 36mpg lol.

I've never driven a 197/200 so I wouldn't know.

I presume the decreased MPG is due to the extra weight of the Mk3?

36mpg??? I get 40+ from my 182 :cool:

GW 200 with Cup pack
Re: Decision time. Help required...

I've just settled on a Glacier White RS200 Full Fat with Cup Chassis and Recaros and Speedline 17"s in Satin Black. '10' plate... so i guess i'm biased. White has presence with the black wheels :) DO IT

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've never driven a 197/200 so I wouldn't know.

I presume the decreased MPG is due to the extra weight of the Mk3?

36mpg??? I get 40+ from my 182 :cool:

Ratios more than anything mate, weight isn't that big a a factor once you're rolling.

I'll take you out for a spin on Thursday, you'll see what I mean about the ratios!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hi

Ok, so I'll lock this now. I'll start a progress thread at the weekend since I've got some decent plans that don't involve simply cleaning it. lol.

Thanks for the comments though, everyone. I'm made up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.