ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***Tyre Poll***

what do you use/recommend and why?

• toyo proxies

Votes: 627 25.1%
  • eagle F1 gsd's

Votes: 390 15.6%
  • bridgestone potenza re720

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • dunlop sp sport

Votes: 44 1.8%
  • michelin pilot exalto

Votes: 809 32.3%
  • yoko A539's

Votes: 108 4.3%
  • kumho ecsta 712

Votes: 53 2.1%
  • other please state...

Votes: 426 17.0%

• Total voters
  Titanium 182
I need new tyres all around, I have standard Conti's on my 172 atm and I was looking at T1-R's because I had them on my Zetec-S and did me well. What do you guys reckon? Go with Toyo or stick with Continental?

Monaco 172 (02)
I need new tyres all around, I have standard Conti's on my 172 atm and I was looking at T1-R's because I had them on my Zetec-S and did me well. What do you guys reckon? Go with Toyo or stick with Continental?

Stick with Conti's I think mate.
Toyo are good, but Ive always been a fan of keeping standard tyres on where possible. I would love some R888's mind.

Breaking mk2 DCI
toyo proxies t1 r or s great value excellent grip in the dry moderate in the wet (but then what tyre isnt poor in the wet) and at the price i dont mind the fact they wear fast as there cheap, favoured sizes are 195 45 15 but get 195 50 15 if im skint

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
toyo in wet = death, but bring a smile when its dry :)

Yoko's all round goodness but dont last very long :(

pilot exalto, what can you say great tyre but £££££

Mk1 Clio Rsi
Toyo Proxes T1-R's wrap my alloys, id say they're brilliant, never put a foot wrong, not even on track days :)

Clio 182
just replaced trhe standard exaltos with some t1-r's on the front and although their cheap they lack the grip that the exaltos gave... too much squealing and understeer now.

LY R27
bugger!! i voted for he exaltos when actually i use the pilots sp's. only becasue thats what was on the car when i bought it.

however i used vedrestiens (sp) on our old clio dci (106) which were really good, hardly any undersrear squeal, maybe i wasn't going fast enough?!!

but the came second the egale f1 in an EVO tyre test, i only got those over the F1s because they were cheaper.

Need to replace the 888's now its getting abit wet :)

PE2's, £330 fitted for 4 from ryan (Bargain)

T1r's £224 fitted for 4 from blackcircles.

Daft question, more for reasurance(sp), are the PE2's £100 better?

Looking for dry and wet grip, dry grip as close to the 888's as possible, something that will last longer than 3 months, as my fronts have now gone pretty much.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
who's Ryan - i'll take 4 off his hands!!!!

ps i haven't tried the T1R's so can't make that comparison but the pe's are 100 times better in the wet than 888's and in the dry are (for a road tyre) not massively off their pace.. Although when warmed properly the 888's will muller any all weather road tyre...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Need to replace the 888's now its getting abit wet :)

PE2's, £330 fitted for 4 from ryan (Bargain)

T1r's £224 fitted for 4 from blackcircles.

Daft question, more for reasurance(sp), are the PE2's £100 better?

Looking for dry and wet grip, dry grip as close to the 888's as possible, something that will last longer than 3 months, as my fronts have now gone pretty much.

Hankook Rs2's

R

revalot

I say u should use the manifactors spec tyre as i changed my conti sport contact 3 for yoko paradas and there no where near as good as the contis.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
who's Ryan - i'll take 4 off his hands!!!!

ps i haven't tried the T1R's so can't make that comparison but the pe's are 100 times better in the wet than 888's and in the dry are (for a road tyre) not massively off their pace.. Although when warmed properly the 888's will muller any all weather road tyre...

???????

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'd say on a 172 conti sport contacts. Very good tyre and good price, but exaltos on a 182 in a 205/45 are awesome.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
so it ryan a figment of imagination or can this guy get exaltos?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
380 for the 16's isn't bite your hand off territory like the £330.... albeit the size wasn't listed (i assume they were 15"?)

S23

The Cleee-O
Currently using Toyo Proxy T1R's which seem to be good so far. Can also recommend Falken Ziex 452's. :D

Peddled device
I've still got the original tyres on...now on 26k.

"I'm not pushing hard enough...",said the bishop to the actress !

172 FF
Just a heads up
Called Costco Leeds about some 195/45/R16 PE2's.
They are £88.42 each, & from Monday they have a 20% off if you buy 4, which would make it £283 for 4 (£70.74each).
Pretty much a bargain I think.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
For the 172 - Pirelli P Zero Neros.
Decent wearing progressive tyre. Good all round excelling in no particular area. Good VFM also.

For the 182 - Exalto PE2s
Excellent tyre, good in all conditions (wet and dry). Disadvantages are cost and wear rate. Can be an expensive option but provides very good results and is tried and tested.

clio sport 172 ph2
Just a heads up
Called Costco Leeds about some 195/45/R16 PE2's.
They are £88.42 each, & from Monday they have a 20% off if you buy 4, which would make it £283 for 4 (£70.74each).
Pretty much a bargain I think.

dammit, i just ordered mine from Camskill yesterday, although they dont advertise the 80v ones (only the XL 84v) i emailed them and they can get some :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For the 182 - Exalto PE2s
Excellent tyre, good in all conditions (wet and dry). Disadvantages are cost and wear rate. Can be an expensive option but provides very good results and is tried and tested.
But most people haven't tried other options. The Hankook V12 is better in every dept IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe a revamp of the poll is needed? After all, the original thread was posted 4 years ago. ;)

I've voted on the poll in the past, but I'm now running on Dunlop SP Sport Maxx's.

D.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
But most people haven't tried other options. The Hankook V12 is better in every dept IMO.

Yeah, that's true.

I have tried:

Pirelli P6000 (Usually raped but I thought they were ok)
Goodyear Eagle F1's (Similar to the Pirellis, just thought they lacked more in the wet)
Yoko A520's (Super in the dry obviouslly, dangerous in the wet. Good summer tyre.)
Pirelli P Zero Nero (Good all round imo)
Toyo Proxes (s**t in the dry and damn right dangerous in the wet or greasy)
Michellin Exalto PE2's (Like the Pirelli but just better in all departments)

The problem is the above are on varying cars so saying they are progressive etc can be misleading as obviously the Trophy, Williams, 172 were very different.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

I'm running the Hankook V12's on the front of mine at the moment. Great so far in the dry but not as good as my old Eagle F1's in the wet. Can't comment on the wear yet but 2 fitted for £110 was a bargain tbh:D.

I haven't tried the PE2's, in what way do you think they're better out of interest?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
With my limited experience:

Conti SC 2 - Good tyre in all weathers, excellent in none i found.

Pirelli P6000 - Excellent in the wet, and average in the dry

Pace budget tyres - Lost the back end first day i had them on (changed from the p6000's), soon got rid of

Cooper Zeon - Good grip in the dry, never tried them in the wet, but after the pace anything would be an improvement

Toyo T1r's - Excellent in the dry, really good grip on the track until it started raining and they instantly felt like the pace tyres

Goodyear eagle f1's - Very happy with them so far, only had them 2 weeks, grip seems good, went for a country road blast today and they held really well

Will probably try pe2's next since they get good reviews on here.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm running the Hankook V12's on the front of mine at the moment. Great so far in the dry but not as good as my old Eagle F1's in the wet. Can't comment on the wear yet but 2 fitted for £110 was a bargain tbh:D.

I haven't tried the PE2's, in what way do you think they're better out of interest?

They need slightly lower pressures than pe2's. I'm running 2.0 bar all round.