ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Update

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Great update as usual :)

Can I ask how much the arch guards are please?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Great update as usual :smile:

Can I ask how much the arch guards are please?

@mossyv6

60 00 073 748 - RRP £39.88+VAT (Bumper Drivers Side)
60 00 073 747 - RRP £37.13+VAT (Bumper Pass Side)
60 00 073 750 - RRP £39.09+VAT (Back Wing Drivers Side)
60 00 073 749 - RRP £38.31+VAT (Back Wing Pass Side)

RRP = £185.30p Incl VAT

I paid almost half the above price hence i bought them :tonguewink::up:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well after some hunting for ages a few good people pointed me in the right direction to @RyG and he was kind enough to have a standard OE 182 back box that he was wiling to fire up to me. It did need little work but that was not an issue.

So got the standard exhaust and then sent it away for a sand blasting, Once sand blasted it was then sorted with chemical metal and then spray painted with some high temp paint. Once all dried it was then rubbed down and sanded and then re-painted.

Within days i could not believe my luck when a genuine OE centre section showed up on eBay so once again thanks to @JP83 who bought it for me, collected it in person and posted it to my front door.
Once again this was sand blasted and in good condition so it got a paint once again with high temp paint.

There is only 2 issues i now hand and that is that i need one tiny small bolt which @RyG is going to sort me out with and i need a couple of new exhaust mounts at the rear as my power flex poly bush ones have the whole in the wrong part and its slightly sitting off.

Its so so quiet compared to the Yozza and I'm happy that its now on the car.

Here is a few pictures.

Std%2001.jpg

Std%2002.jpg

Std%2003.jpg

Std%2007.jpg

Std%2008.jpg

Std%2009.jpg

Std%20011.jpg

Std%20012.jpg

Std%20013.jpg

Std%20014.jpg

Std%20015.jpg

Std%20017.jpg

Std%20018.jpg

Std%20020.jpg

Std%20022.jpg

Std%20024.jpg

Std%20027.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
much better on the standard exhaust! car is looking good, need to get a few bits of paint tidyed up on mine!

problem with the standard exhaust is it rusts from the inside out! I done similar with a 172 system thinking it would last and it didn't :(

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Thats why I'm keeping the yozza,
Its been sand blasted and i have tried to protect it as much as i can and as i don't really use the car I'm hoping it will last a while.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

That's cheap! Would be interested to know what the quality is like - need a set for mine but don't fancy spending nearly £200!
@mossyv6

I would just like to point out that i do not think these are for the Clio Sport 2.0l 16v car.

As you can see they are listed on the renault parts system but they are the wrong ones for the Clio Sport.
I would like to bet that these are not going to correctly fit

You want items 10, 11, 12, 13 as correctly selected by renault.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 18.14.26.png

Also when you select them for the car via Chassis number / Reg it pops up and saying that "No Part Items..........." As shown in orange so be very careful.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 18.18.28.png

Oh and if the picture of the Ebay site is the actual item its looks so bad as the holes are different from the genuine ones and there is also no grill cut out of the part which sits under the bumper.

Last edited:
@mossyv6

60 00 073 747 - RRP £37.13+VAT (Bumper Pass Side)
60 00 073 750 - RRP £39.09+VAT (Back Wing Drivers Side)
60 00 073 749 - RRP £38.31+VAT (Back Wing Pass Side)

RRP = £185.30p Incl VAT

I paid almost half the above price hence i bought them :tonguewink::up:
Noticed I'm missin the drivers side front bit that protects the lower cam belt, anyone know if you can buy that small bit on its on?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Noticed I'm missin the drivers side front bit that protects the lower cam belt, anyone know if you can buy that small bit on its on?

You need to buy the whole wheel arch liner for the front of the wheel which covers the bumper and lower cam belt.
The part number and price is below.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Small update on the Trophy.

First up was the Trophy badge on the drivers seat.
For over a year i have been in talks with my renault dealership and RUK regarding this and its now came to a close that these can not be made or bought so i have managed to get exact copy made up but they are in carbon fibre.
I also got one with the "Dieppe - France" put into it also. They are the exact size and also the exact phone.
Picked up a small keyring also.

Plaque%20003.gif

Plaque%20004.gif

Plaque%20005.gif

Plaque%20006.gif

Next up is i noticed a few people going on about RS plates so spoke to a contact and got these dirt cheap and they are genuine renault.
It now saves me blanking out my reg on all my pictures as i will just pop these on the car.

Rs%20Plate%20001.jpg

This is a seriously smart looking car, coming along very nicely indeed! :grin:

I personally dont see the whole point of blanking your plate off as when your driving it etc someone can still write down your plate.

Not saying this is the case for this chap, but I ALWAYS without fail blank the plates on any photo of my car..... when you've had a car/number plate cloned in the past and the police round saying you stole petrol from a garage over 100 miles away, it makes you very cautious about having the reg on display....... this is what happened to me anyway! I had my old VXR advertised for sale on pistonheads (so absolutely no reference or negativity what so ever to this club) and was the only place I never blanked the plates, and that's what happened! Apologies at diverting the thread, but hopefully that might explain the blanking thing :up:

RB Clio 182
How much would you take for this now if the offer was right?

How many miles has it done? Belts done?

Its immaculate mate vert very stunning!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Love everything about this car. Everything is so immaculate. Perfect!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
How much would you take for this now if the offer was right?

How many miles has it done? Belts done?

Its immaculate mate vert very stunning!

You could offer me £16k in used bank notes and I would still say no.

Belts are due end of this year but getting them all done along with loads extra next month when I'm back home