ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track car project.

fiesta 1.25
Well first of all me, mike and jayne wanted to make a track car but it was all just an idea as we had no funds,no where of building it and no idea about how to do it.About a month ago jaynes parents decided to let us use the family garage to build the car in and also her dads business to keep the car at.

Mike then went out and bought an engine and some seats.They told me they are making it look like a ph2 which i thought was pointless and a waste of money so i dropped out but i cant resist the oppurtunity to do it!

The engine is from a 182 and has done 11k and the seats are cobra clubmans which are cheap but should be more than adequate.

We dont know alot about engines between us but we have no time schedule and with the help from mikes uni course im sure we will get it done!I will keep this thread updated!

Heres some pics

IMGP0663.jpg

IMGP0661.jpg

IMGP0665.jpg

IMGP0667.jpg

IMGP0664.jpg

IMGP0658.jpg

clio 200 F4Rt
how come its got a 172 manifold on it?

where did they get the tow hook from?

keep us updated!

BMW M135i
^ I'm guessing its a 172 engine and they don't know it yet. Still for what difference it makes.

What are you planning doing for management? Or have you got the ecu/uch/decoder ring/key from the donor car? Loom looks to be in a bit of a state?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the tow ring is a OMP one,

are you keeping thw FBW? do you have the rest of the loom, uch?

looks good

fiesta 1.25
Guess its a 172 engine then does look v dirty tbh.yeh the loom is fooked we knew this before we bought it but shouldnt be too hard to do

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
its got fly by wire throttle.

as the loom is fucked, it may be a idea to buy the psh1 cable TB, linkage, padel, look, plenham etc.

would make your life less hasstle

fiesta 1.25
ahh cheers for the info.as said we dont know alot about engines between us so any help is apreiciated and the main thing is for us to have fun learning!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i'd stick with a Mk2 shell if you can find a Cat C/D one

a Mk1 shell may be a bit "in at the deep end!"

BMW M135i
nope its not but it came with a seperate cable tb.How easy is it to change it?

FBW ecu will not run cable in OE form anyway iirc

the whole upper inlet manifold is different on the cable model too

I doubt the OE management will every run again anyway tbh, especially seeing as the loom is fucked and theres no UCH/Decoder/Key for the immobiliser.

Its a nice idea ana ll but not being harsh but I get the feeling you don't really know the weight of the project, a none complete lump is not the best way to start when you don't really know what your doing.

Mercedes C Class Sport
Its a nice idea ana ll but not being harsh but I get the feeling you don't really know the weight of the project, a none complete lump is not the best way to start when you don't really know what your doing.

ahh cheers for the info.as said we dont know alot about engines between us so any help is apreiciated and the main thing is for us to have fun learning!

Everyone has to learn somewhere

Clio's
I bought the engine cheap and was told that it came with ecu and both looms. i did not know that the looms were in this condition. also i was planning on using the ignition barrel, key and decoder from the car that the engine is going in. I am learning and so dont know if this is possible or not. also im not entirely sure what the uch is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds like a complete disaster in the making, but you will have endless fun doing it.

Good luck to you all! :)

Clio's
I bought the engine cheap and was told that it came with ecu and both looms. i did not know that the looms were in this condition. also i was planning on using the ignition barrel, key and decoder from the car that the engine is going in. I am learning and so dont know if this is possible or not. also im not entirely sure what the uch is.

can this not be done then?