ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

toxic fume light

have a 172 cup and it currently has the toxic fume light on. have taken it to reno and they have tried to reset it and it wont reset. it has got a janspeed cat on (about 6 months old) and up until the warning light coming on i had no probs whatsoever with the car. reno are saying they are having problems finding the fault as they are getting different readings from that of a standard cat so their diagnostic equipment is just showing cat fault. they are going to run an emissions test on it tomorrow. assuming the emissions are correct i believe that would point to the cat functioning correctly. if so where else could the problem lie - in one of the oxygen sensors? the wiring?

if they cannot find the fault and assuming the cat is working correctly (passes emissions test) is it possible to do any damage driving around with the car in its current condition? is the toxic fume warning light serious??

Polo + Micra

i have a sports cat on my car and the toxic fume light came on

had the emissions checked and the guy in the garage said they were very low so it may have a sort of lo/hi level alarm which puts the light on