ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

total super unleaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio sport 182
hi been using v-power in my clio 182, now ive move house and theres a total garage by me. was wondering if any one uses total super unleaded in there clios, its 97RON any good ?? cheers

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I really cant notice the difference between 95 and 99, anyway a bit off topic.

The ECU will adjust its tables to suit anyway so it wont be a problem :)

Renault Clio182 bean
The only thing I notice is that if I put 95ron in the fuel consumption is noticeably different whereas with 98ron that's recommended seems fine, not sure about power or anything, just seems to drink more.

clio 182 trophy
I can notice a difference between 95 and 99, but it is not a big difference. Top of second and into third it is more responsive but again, no biggie.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It all very much depends on how good the clio knock sensing and adjustment is

Reality is the higher Ron fuel is more resistant to detonation which in theory means if the ecu isn't set up to run on it or adjusting correctly then it may even make less power than on the 95.

Performance wise it makes sod all difference on my bike. But sometimes it would seem I get a few more miles out of it. We aren't talking much at all though. Some bikes the manufacturers actually tell you not to run super.

172 cup
Mine runs a lot smoother with 98ron, that is with standard ecu,not mapped, and at tick over, on the throttle can't say I see a difference

2003 Clio 172 Sport
I've not noticed much difference apart from fuel consumption, around 31mpg on cheaper fuel, about 35-38mpg on Ultimate/V-power/Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.