ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too old for a 182

A red missile
40 Years old with a Trophy, dont give a flying one if anyone thinks im too old for it - and no i dont wear slippers and smoke a pipe while im in it ;)

Engles Mummy
2.0 is a 19-24 year olds car (standard version)

v6 is a 22-26 year olds car(standard version)

If you’re out of the bracket you either need a girl or a f**king life ;)

182FF c/w Recaros
LOL

How many 19-24 year olds can afford a 182/Insurance etc etc:rolleyes:

I'd venture to say not that many.

I do need a girl though:D :eek:

pmsl.....................none of the above :lolup:

Inferno 182

how do they insure these then?
my 18 year old apprentice is paying about £800 third party for a ford ka,at least i only pay £365 fully comp (age on my side)

Engles Mummy

How's the fishing going?

Ok at the moment, court a few little ones. But I'm just waiting for the big one to bite now…come on where are ya?

I'm going to a try a different bait me thinks,

A Clio is a young person’s car, if your 30+ with a Clio then I seriously think you need to seek help!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose it all depends on if you own a house or where your priorities lie in relation to those car brackets of yours. Im not sure about yourself but my rent (soon to be mortgage...next month) takes a substantially large sum of my money. If i lived at home then prehaps i could afford to buy, and run a much more expensive car... But i think its FAR worse to be older and still be living with your parents than what car you drive...

Last edited:
  Rally bus
What has age got to do with it?!! At least at 31 you've probably got a fair bit of driving experience so will be less likely to post a "I've crashed my Clio I was only doing 23mph honest" threads that appear here nearly every day!

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
32 with a 172 cup and the bloke who had it before me was 72 and his wife same age had a CTR..........................never too old!!!........he said he found the acceleration envigorating lol.

197-I love!!!
I'm 56 and I've got a FF 182-absolutely love it-Don't care what anyone says-Try and enjoy life.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

only if the bank of mummy and daddy pay for it all :rasp:

dear mummy and daddy, please can i have a clio v6 for xmas,

love,

subway ;)

Im so glad this thread is up lol Ive been thinking over the past few days wot I want to do with my 1.4 ph2. Ive had it for 2 years and its my first car, awww, I was thinking of I could get on a fleet insurance by february I could maybe get a 182 engine put into my car and then at some stage Turbo it :D! The only thing thats stopping me is not knowing what my interests would be when I get older. Ive always wanted an Aston Martin v8 vantage... but thats neva gonna happen lol so I mite go for something like a skyline wen im about 21-25 and then turbo that. I dont kno whether to keep my 1.4, convert it to 182 turbo :p or to jus keep it with Rims, exaust, induction kit n tints and then buy a skyline later on. Hate not knowing what the future holds. If anyones got any experiences with there first cars n things that went wrong/right for them would be freat to hear them

Thnx

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Too old? Don't be daft. You're never too old to have the car you want. Just have it and be done with it. :rasp:

37 with a Trophy - the missus says I'm like a big kid!!
Mind you she also says I think more of the car than I do of her........

182cup & 172 racecar
How's the fishing going?

Ok at the moment, court a few little ones. But I'm just waiting for the big one to bite now…come on where are ya?

I'm going to a try a different bait me thinks,

A Clio is a young person’s car, if your 30+ with a Clio then I seriously think you need to seek help!
Subway whats your problem with being over 30???????:nono:

Clio 182
47 with a 182.
At the weekend me and the missus drove down to Cornwall, we have done this journey in the past in various different motors and it has been a real drag. In the 182 it was a breeze. Had a great time on some of the roads while we were down there as well.
Would love a V6 but not practical at the moment. Will seriously consider a Megane in the future, but for now I will continue to enjoy the 182.

Engles Mummy

only if the bank of mummy and daddy pay for it all :rasp:

dear mummy and daddy, please can i have a clio v6 for xmas,

love,

subway ;)

Oi! That was below the belt lol

I'm only Fishing here...

Plus I'm guessing your in that bracket lol