ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too old for a 182

F/F Titanium 182
Hi, troops am i too old for a 182, should i grow up and buy the new megane 230 and does anyone here live near leighton?

31 thats not old.

Buy what you like. The local headmaster is apparently in his late 50's has a 172 whats the problem he likes it.

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
u jokin davey. im 36 with a 172 cup n lovin it. but i am lookin at v6 clio + vx 220 turbo. ur still a kiddie. enjoy:approve:

BMW M3
In my opinion, you can be as old as you like as long as they are driven as intended.

Often see 50+ women driving 182s... very slowly.

Saw a pensioner driving a CTR the other day... lol

Megane Mk4
I'm 31 and have a 182..

I love mine although I don't have kids either so I've no reason to upgrade to a bigger car ;)

I'm 40 yrs old and my daily driver is a stripped out MK1 172.

Far from being too old it's the relative anonimity and innocence that I like.

No big bore exhaust on show, no 17inch+ alloys or rubber band profile tyres, just a little 'sport' badge and a great power to weight ratio.

It's a hot hatch for old school grown ups.

And over here not one single person knows what it is.

clio 182 black /gold
The only downside to my 182 is the boot space being too small. You can be any age, just as long your not a gardener with a tow bar on your trophy.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have to smoke a pipe and wear a pair of slippers to contribute to this thread then? ;)

Irrespective of age, i would go for a car that could give me the most fun for the price range i was in and i dont think that for 10k they come much better then a clio sport.

182FF c/w Recaros
33 here:D

Don't let age be the deciding factor.

I bought mine because it looks mint, goes like stink and is great fun to drive:approve:

Oh and it was cheap (10K) as well lol

I am 65 and bought a basic 182 new 2 years ago. It is comfortable around town and obviously very very fast. It is without doubt the most likeable car I have had and I'm seriously considering the new model, but it seems to be getting a bad press here.
cheers

Age is irrelevant, just because the 182 is driven by boy racers doesn't make it a boy racer car. Buy a Megane 230 because it is a bloody good car for the money and you need a bit more space than a 182 can provide. There are plenty of 182 Trophy owners a lot older than you.

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah..I think space is the defining issue.

I don't have kids so find the three door Clio fine for my duties:)

Clio 182
I'm 37 with one - if you think you are too old then maybe you need to loosen up, live a little and stop giving a s**t about what others think :)

Clio 182 + Recaros
37 and driving a 182 .....

Actually none of my mates, male or female commented on my choice of a 182.....

In fact as most of them are driving people carriers they were quite envyous.

133/225/CLS AMG
Never too old to enjoy an RS Clio, you're only too old if you're past the point of appreciating what kind of car it is.

The RS Meganes are my preference but the Clio offers a very involving, fast drive so either one is a good choice, just depends which suits you most.

Tangoed Works
OMG most sport owners on here are old skool arent they lol. Only kidding, your never too old to enjoy anything so be happy and drive safe. A big thank you to all you older safer drivers not stacking the 1*2's and giving us younger drivers semi decent insurance on a car with blistering pace.

23 btw

Titanium 182 full fa
33 here to..

Bought mine as i had 13k to spend on a car that id thought would be fun and picked up a brand new 182FF with both cup options for that money..