ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tonight i 'HATE' my car (tech,AA,renault help if poss)

i so hate my car at this minute, i want it gone, sold, crushed... i am also needy :dapprove:

was at the NW meet today and chris put the window down when we went for a drive, he had no idea they were faulty bless him, but once it went down a little it would only continue to do so. both windows have been playing up for a week or so but as it stands the drivers side doesnt work at all and the passengers (when i push the switch) makes a click as if it is trying to go down... when its actually fully down.

driverside- up but not reacting at all
passengerside- down and will only click as to go further down when switch is pressed

its snowing outside so i went round to sys and we tried to get the most awkward doorcard in the world off... his dad walked out told us not to bother in this weather and time and measured up some polycarbonate to act as a window... so yes laugh away i now drive a rig up, thats probably full of snow

herein lies the problem... ive spoke to a mate from renault and he said it could be the regulator/motor as if the switch was broke surely it would send no message to the motor whatsoever. and if it was the switch then surely the window would shut when i turn the car off (my meg closes windows on double lock)

but if the motor was broke it wouldnt react at all, i know the driverside isnt but it did this the other week and eventually fixed itsself so i was thinking connection on wires...?!

im not paying renault 200 quid for regulators now i simply cant, so im hoping its the switch thats died as i can stomach the 60 quid for a new switch... but i think it minght need new motors all round... i dont actually know :|

plus tapin up in the dark has probably mashed my paintwork on the door

the only saving grace i have is that my AA membership has a thing on it where i can claim (and pay 25 excess i think) upto three times a year when something breaks, not wear and tear though... would this be classed as wear and tear...?

anyone in the know or with breakdown service knowledge id apprieciate your input.

maybe over reacting but it fails when im not ready, maybe that happens to everyone and i know theres worse to happen its just put me on a BIG bad mood swing tbf...

to top it off a gritter proper raped me with his sand based delights on the way home too

M

mini-valver

At least yours drives :(

Could be the switches dude, passenger side only works going down, drivers is just completely fucked. Start with the cheapest!

Mondeo TDCI 130
they have a few very common problems, regulators are made of cheese, last no time, they get water ingress and have a mind of there own.

Also they have trouble with the wiring looms in the door, replaced one regulator and 2 x looms in one last week!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
awww bless... x x

lolzer.. my drivers window is currently being held up with lengths of PVC.. German pisch!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
have you tried the whole forcing it up thing getting as many people to pull on it while pressing the button,

even if the motor is jammed you should in theroy be able to force it?

cheers guys, i have seen regulators on ebay 25 each so its not the end of the world if it is that.... hoping it is the switch tho. i might take the driverside off in the light of day tomo and look at that to see if its the switch dying there

i just cant see both regulators going at the same time, so thinking it must be electronic/switch related

laura id pull it up if i could get any sort of grip on it :(

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Unlucky dude not good at all, suspose it comes with owning a renault:(

Hope you get it sorted soon. I too got nailed twice today by the fecking sand blasters:mad:

They really have fooked my front end up!!

M

mini-valver

Does the passenger side door switch work the passenger window? If not then I doubt its the drivers side 2 pole switch and would look at regulators....

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Its deffo the window regulator. Same thing happened on my Audi A3 and also on the old mans Modus. Check and see if GSF do the regs for your car, alternatively the ones on eBay should do the trick.

Its deffo the window regulator. Same thing happened on my Audi A3 and also on the old mans Modus. Check and see if GSF do the regs for your car, alternatively the ones on eBay should do the trick.

ok pal. so basically its both motors you think yeh? seen two on ebay totallin 60 smackers i think.

i'll ring the AA tomorrow and see what their procedure regarding it is too, as if i can get them changed as faulty parts then i got new ones, not that i mind tho really.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i've had the same problems fella, been through 5 regulators in 4 years (when some1 breaks ur window, the regulator breaks 2 ugh). ebay is ur friend here, tho it's a lot less hassle to buy new off ebay than a second hand one, which are usually close to death anyway (hence 5!!). the door comes off easy, four torx at the bottom, one in the grab handle, one in the door handle, plus remove ur speaker and plastic over the wing mirror at the top of the door. the glass is held onto the regulator by a solitary plastic peg and clip through a hole, it can be easily pulled off, then you can just shove the glass up. bit of wood in the door and no-one can push it down.

cheers tremor, much apprieciated

i got this of a lad on MS tonight too..

its a long process. take your time dont rush. The leather bit of the panel. the little door pull there is a cap behind that is a T30 screw. now where the window switch is that is a small gap at the bottom prise the front off, there is 2 T30 screws there. there is a pocket in the leather bit there is a small trim clip at the front edge take it out carefully place a medium sized screw driver up the side and prise gently it should go pop. do not pull by the lid they come off easy. once that out us the handle where the window switch is and that bit pops up like a flap. if its tight really pull it. then the speaker grill comes off speaker out 2 T20 screws then there are 3 T20 screws holding the Regulator on. remove these. once you lift the flap the door lock cable just pulls off there is 1 T30 behind there. there are 2 10mm bolts at the base take these out disconnet the light it just pops out one end at a time be carefully if you do the wrong end they snap. the interior mirror cover just pulls off. then using that hole pull the door panel upwards and towards you. they are a nightmare going back on is the hard part. now at this stage unplug the regulator and plug it back in if your luckly it will go back uhp. if so leave it up if thats what you want but disconnect it so it wont do anyting silly. putting the door card on it solts on to some things that stick out the regulater the end bits at at 90 degress staightn them out it makes it easyer going back on. make sure your wiring is in the rite place. put the regulator screws in first. once it is on properly do the 10mm bolts first as you got to get it all lined up.
If you need any more advise PM me

so ill do it tomo and run with no doorcards for a while, ghetto style :)

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
lol, stripped for the win!! once you've done it, it's so easy, the panel comes off in minutes. just don't go eager and scratch your door with a screwdriver! once you've all the screws out, the panel is held on by an immense amount of black sticky stuff, the first time it's taken off it's soo sticky it's unbelievable! it may take some tugging, just check it's deffo not a missed screw.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
These are a piece of piss to fit mate, both mine went within a month of each other.

Renault wanted £164 each, went to euro car parts and got two for 1£60.

IT takes longer to take the plastic door guard off tan it does to fit the regulator. That black sticky plastic is a ball ache to pull away

These are a piece of piss to fit mate, both mine went within a month of each other.

Renault wanted £164 each, went to euro car parts and got two for 1£60.

IT takes longer to take the plastic door guard off tan it does to fit the regulator. That black sticky plastic is a ball ache to pull away

cheers danny thats good news, just need the snow to clear and a free day and ill probs bob upto accrington to the breakers to see nicole.

snow hasnt got inside yet either so it could be worse :)

172 cup
Ha that Christopher - little sh*t LOL.

Same happened to mine, ended up costing me £120 or so then 6 months ago cost me £250 for MOT now ive been told it needs £800 worth of worth doing on it.

Needless to say I was also in a BAD mood with my car at the weekend

Renaults = pap

cheers sir. i ghetto opened it in the snow last night, not touching it when its like this tho. car seems fine, i keep checking on her every other hour! haha