ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Common 172 Cup Random Rear Lights

thatflookguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 172 Turbo
Looking for some help, for ages now the rear fog lamp symbol lights up on the dash when braking, started as a flicker and now is full on.. Kinda ignored this and now I find my hazard lights flash all the time which of course runs the battery flat.

Done the usual,

Removed the hazad switch,
Cleaned up the earth points on the rear lights going to the body,
Checked the pins in the bulb holders and replaced all bulbs,
Cut the connectors off each light cluster loom as I have bought genuine Renault repair loom (not soldered in yet)
Replaced the number plate light and connector with new loom.

By removing the fuse for the hazard lights now the left indicator symbol lights up when braking.

When the hazards flash there is no clicking unless the ignition is turned on, checked the alarm and it works along with the siren.

Front lights, wipers etc work as normal, so not sure where to look as something is running to ground but between 2 circuits and earth.

Is there a common issue within the wiring harness where something is damaged or where should I now look to resolve this?

Can I confirm the brake pedal switch on the 172 Cup in the 4 terminal white connector?

Last edited:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i had to reflow all the solder joints on the connector to stop it happening.

there is probably an old thread about it

thatflookguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 172 Turbo

third pic down, i put a small drop of solder on each connector
Right I see what you mean, this wont be causing my problem as it's still the same when the bulb holder is disconnected and even with the connector block cut from the loom!