ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomoTek - 182 Track Build here we come!...

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing I noticed when mine was dyno’d is that the hub dynos seem to vibrate a hell of a lot.

To be honest I don’t think they’re the most accurate of dynos as teams had similar problems like this last year, getting power readings well out of the norm.

Teams that were in class B in 2017 fell into class C in 2018 because of the unreliable low power readings, yet they obviously still had class B power.

What power reading are you taking for your final figure? 158bhp?

Ye I’m in class C.

Yeah they vibrated a lot when we ran too... the drivers door was open and I thought it was going to fall off haha!..

I’ve heard a few issues like this happening last year too.. least your value is on the low side, so you won’t have to carry any or a small amount of ballast... only concern is if they retest you half way through the year and you run higher and then u could get disqualified for being over the max hp/ton

My concern is that I’m carrying 65kg for no reason.. which is a huge penalty that I don’t want to be running if I don’t have too.

I’m in talks with Stewart about getting re tested again... if I run 158hp again then fair enough, but I highly doubt I will.

To have the same stock engine as you and to run 16hp more is just not realistic

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see you and the car, it’s trully stunning up close. Was a very testing day of testing for us, think this is the only time we’ll be in front of you this year......... [emoji23]

View attachment 1409288

We haven’t seen any of the official photos of our car from Monday. Mind you it wasn’t looking it’s best at the time of the photos [emoji85]

Thanks mate.. it’s good to see so many clios racing, yours was looking great too, love the pic!.. haha, who knows you could be flying past us on the track if your better drivers, hopefully have some good battles...

Was such a shame to see you had that incident with that mini who obviously needed to get down to the opticians..

I think the photographer said there might be some more pics going up over the weekend.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Its an experience shooting like this isn't it...
I have a lot of experience with this type of photoshoot as I directed a lot of the Audi advertising, its surprising how close you need to get to get a nicely cropped shot.

Yeah he kept ushering me closer.. I was like ok mate but I’m about 2m away from your legs at 40mph haha.. you photographers are all crazy [emoji12]

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate.. it’s good to see so many clios racing, yours was looking great too, love the pic!.. haha, who knows you could be flying past us on the track if your better drivers, hopefully have some good battles...

Was such a shame to see you had that incident with that mini who obviously needed to get down to the opticians..

I think the photographer said there might be some more pics going up over the weekend.

Yeah disappointing about the mini as this Clio isn’t my car! Lesson learnt, always have a GoPro in the car to help prove your innocents!

400 mile round trip to pick up the new parts last night. Aiming for the first round at Donnington ?

quiksilver.cm

ClioSport Club Member
  A4 black edition
Yeah they vibrated a lot when we ran too... the drivers door was open and I thought it was going to fall off haha!..

I’ve heard a few issues like this happening last year too.. least your value is on the low side, so you won’t have to carry any or a small amount of ballast... only concern is if they retest you half way through the year and you run higher and then u could get disqualified for being over the max hp/ton

My concern is that I’m carrying 65kg for no reason.. which is a huge penalty that I don’t want to be running if I don’t have too.

I’m in talks with Stewart about getting re tested again... if I run 158hp again then fair enough, but I highly doubt I will.

To have the same stock engine as you and to run 16hp more is just not realistic

Exactly, last year I ran 156bhp and this year I’ve now got 142bhp. Somethings not right with these runs.

Have you spoke to Stewart about going to AET Motorsport to get your power figure instead?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just sorting through some pics from our test at Donington on Monday!.. the MSVT photographer Mark Lees took some cracking pics, whilst hanging out the boot of the course car, as part of the lunch time photo shoot for the trackday championship / trophy competitors..

Hopefully we’ll be leading the pack like this at some of the rounds this year!

View attachment 1409285

That needs printing on a canvas, a massive one. Awesome pic and awesome looking car ?? Can’t wait to get mine done ?

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
The few weeks after our final test, before the first race seem like a blur now.. I had quite a lot of task to sort to make sure we were fully prepared.

Not only were there items to sort on the car I needed to also sort all our pit equipment and tools etc, I wanted to make sure that side of things was all up to the same standard of fit and finish as the car.

I ordered a brand new set of Team Dynamic Pro race 1.2s as we only had one set and we needed to ensure we had spares in case of punctures during quali and/or the race.

Top tip, I use sand paper glued to wheel nuts to remove all the paint that is left on the wheel nut face in the wheel. We had a wheel come loose at Blyton when we first ran the car because of this. Not sure why they don't supply the rims with this removed from the factory.

Next up was a thorough bolt check of the car from back to front. Every bolt was torqued to my bolt torque sheet. This way if anything comes loose I can investigate and re evaluate the torque/fixing method to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Front/rear discs and pads were cleaned up and measured, always good to keep track of how much they wear from each race to ensure they will last when worn down more. Front pads changed to a new set of CL RC8s .. think we may have taken them to the limit at the test!

MSA stickers for extinguisher button and external electrical kill switch were ordered and fitted. I also had time to get our latest sponsor H&T Trailers on the car in prime position. Hugh and the team have always helped us out and were really keen to get involved. They are supplying us with free trailer hire throughout the season, and i'll be doing some coverage of the trailers that they supply for purchase and hire. They now have a parts store, so if you have any servicing required on your trailers or need any straps etc they can sort you out.

Next up was fitting the oil catch tank. I had previously just been running a filter straight out the head (I knew this had to change but was putting it off). The MSA rule book states you need one, so in it went. Lots of head scratching later on where to put it I decided on moving the header tank over slightly and slotting the catch tank in between the header and cockpit cooling. Fits well i think.

Next up was calibrating all the sensors I had fitted for the dash.
Engine Oil Temp / pressure, Gearbox Oil Temp
This was easy as the sensors come with a calibration sheet you have to input into the dash software.

I then set about wiring in the fuel level sendor wiring. The fuel sender unit is 0/300ohm so I used a 150ohm pull up resistor and filled the tank in 5 kg increments and recorded the sensor voltages. I recorded it in kg as we are in a power to weight category so its good to know how much weight is in the car rather than volume.

Finally on the car it was a quick fluids check, brake bleed, setup and ready to go.

While all the preparations were taking place MSVR had sent through all the championship mandatory stickers and the team/vehicle passes
(pic taken from a fellow competitor, who like us was amazed at how many mandatory stickers there are!!)

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
With the car finished I was just waiting on all the awning and kit to be delivered.
I had been working with Surf & Turf on putting together a package for race weekends.

The final design I came up with was as below:

I wanted to have a space for the team too as well as the car, so settled on two 3x4.5m awnings. We went for a simple sky banner for the branding as then this can be changed easily season on season. It also meant we could keep the awnings plain , and thus the resale value high.

We also wanted a table as one of the biggest things from the trackdays was not having something to put our stuff on.

The half height walls we wanted to make the setup more inviting to other people at the circuit, whilst showing the car off at the same time.

Once it arrived my initial thoughts went to " how the hell am I going to get this all to the circuit" haha!..

Final bit of kit was our driver kit stand.. absolute bargain from Argos. Should keep everything nice and organised. Can't beat a bit more branding either!! haha

With everything now finalised it was a short wait before race day!!!!!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning build really is a pro set up

With the fuel sensor did the 150 ohm work ok , i need to do my dash 2 set up and was advised to use a 300 ohm pull up.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
So the race weekend came up pretty quickly after all the prep work. I didn't really have time to think about it much before hand. The anticipation and excitement were building though!

We did however manage to book in for a retest on the championship dyno on the Saturday, the day before the race. If you have read the previous posts you will know we had some issues over the last values that we ran at Brands earlier in the year, meaning we would have to run 60kg of ballast to be in class C. To make sure I was prepared this time I worked out the gearbox ratios, and the road speeds prior to our visit, so I could keep an eye on what the operator was putting into the settings during the test etc. This data also helped with setting up the gear position for the dash (which I have calibrated for RPM and vehicle speed)

So we headed up to Donington mid day on the Saturday as we were booked in with Total Track Dyno Power at 2pm.

@chrispy.clio and I got there first and started to unpack all the awning boxes (luckily the Clio has a large empty boot, so most of the parts went in there, and the main awning bags were strapped on the trailer in front the car)

I'm glad we arrived on the Saturday to setup as setting the awnings up for the first time and understanding how the joining kit etc worked took a while!.. An hour or so later and we were all finished. Should be up within minutes next time though, the Surf and Turf products are brilliant bits of kit. Its amazing how such a large awning and table can compress into such small bags/boxes.

The setup and sky banner looked better than I previously hoped it would. Will be a good base for the rest of the season!
I particularly like the modularity of the walls, having full height and half height really opens up the awning whilst protecting from the wind. Plus at night we can fully enclose the awning.

With all the equipment setup it was time to warm the car up and take it over for its re run on the dyno.

I explained all the previous issues to the team, as they were different operators from the two at Brands. We went through all the settings methodically and I was happy with how everything was setup.

The first 3/4 runs we suffered from the dreaded dyno oscillation's again!.. This time however I was able to see what was changed to resolve it. The operator adjusted the 'ramp' to allow the engine to increase rev slightly quicker on the power run. This seamed to stop it and we managed 3 runs fine before doing the final 3 power runs to get the figure.

We ran 150.97, 150.75, 151.24 which was around 7hp less than previously run and more inline with all the other clios tested. This meant we could remove ~30kg of ballast from the car!. this was a big relief and made all the conversations with the event organisers worthwhile.

I made sure I took pictures of every setting on the dyno, so if we are required to do a re run during the season for legality purpose I can make sure the car is tested in the exact same conditions as this time!. This way there would be no doubt in my mind over the consistency of the equipment.

We then jumped straight into the queue for scrutineering. Something I really wanted to do on the Saturday, as it would give us plenty of time to resolve any issues that we/scrutineers may find with the car.

It was also great to see a new addition to the livery with H&T Trailer Hire & Sales coming on board as a main sponsor to the team. Hugh and the team have always been so helpful and supportive of us; from the first time they got us out of a tough situation last year, and all the way through our test days. If you are after any advice on trailers, plan to buy one or are wanting to hire one they are the guys/girls for the job!

So we managed to pass through scrutineering pretty swiftly!.. We were praised on our build quality which was great to hear. The only item which we needed to modify was the addition of a yellow band on the main earth cable from the battery to the body. This was easily added and our 'pass' sticker also added to the car!.

All those endless nights going over the rule book and blue book paid off!

We took the car back to the awning and waited for @Jenbo to arrive. We then set about adjusting the ballast and working out the fuel levels for qualifying in the morning. The last task was to fit all the championship stickers and position our personal sponsors. Then setting up the camp beds and getting the Dominoes in!!!

The awning was surprisingly warm through the night!. but jeeeez we missed the memo on needing ear plugs!, the planes coming into land at east mids every 15mins made for an interesting sleep.

RACE DAY!!

a quick shower in the morning and a cup of tea and we were up and ready to go!. First thing first was to head over to get signed on. We then headed back over to scrutineering to get our kit and helmets etc approved and stickered up. (Ben arrived later the night before so scrutineering had closed)

We were the first group out for qualifying at 9:05 so it was good to have everything ready.

With last minute checks and cameras installed Ben headed off to the assembly area while I carried a spare wheel, trolley jack, torque wrench and wheel gun to the pitlane, just incase we got a puncture. (reminder to get a trolley for next time as that was all pretty heavy!!)

On my way to the pitlane I pulled up the TSL timing screen on my phone, only to have the sudden realisation that I hadn't picked up the transponder at sign on, as we were borrowing one from the championship organisers!!!.. You think your all prepared but something always has a habit of biting you in the bum!. I dropped everything off in the pitlane and ran up to the race control area to pick up the transponder

With the cars circulating I quickly rang Chris as he was making his way back from the assembly area. He had the Stilo intercom headset on with connection to the car. We were able to tell Ben to pit as soon as he could so we could fit the transponder!. on Bens in lap the red flags came out as a couple of cars had had excursions into the gravel trap at turn one... This was a blessing in disguise as we were able to pull the bumper off and quickly fit the transponder in the pitlane before joining the middle of the queue lining up to go out again! So we didn't really miss out on any laps in the end.

With the green lights back on the track went live!.. The plan was for Ben to go out and warm the car up and do his 3 mandatory laps (each driver has to do a minimum of 3 to qualify for the race) then put In some banker laps before he handed over to me. We have always been within a few tenths of each other in testing which is great for race pace. Ben is very consistent, and me more sporadic, but I have always managed a faster single lap (I think Ben is a little more worried of damaging the car as I am the one who does the work haha).

The first few laps we were down in 22nd out of 33 cars and I was pretty pleased with that as It was about P8 in class and for our first event I didn't have a clue where we would be compared to the competition. Little did I know Ben was just trying to find some space out on the busy circuit. Once he got into a rhythm, the car and Bens pace began to show, jumping up to P9 overall and 3rd in Class!.. Now I was starting to get excited, we were in with a chance of a good quali result here!..

Being the first group out on track the track evolution was starting to become apparent. Every lap people were going quicker and quicker!.

Before I knew it I was being told to get my helmet on as Ben would be coming in!.. Then I was out on the circuit for my first qualifying session, this is what the previous 4 years had been building too!

Knowing Ben had warmed the car and tyres nicely, and spending all year testing I was at one with the car immediately. I was able to take the craner curves flat even from straight out the pits!. The confidence the car brings is brilliant. The setup edging towards understeer, but very stable. It was a joy to drive.

I quickly found a gap in the traffic and began to work on my lines, trying to be as smooth as possible. I was trying to take turn one too fast and struggling with entry to mid corner understeer, but everywhere else on the lap felt good.

It was great having @chrispy.clio on the pit wall keeping me informed of lap times and position via the intercom. Saves looking out for pit boards.

We crept up to P2 in class behind a Honda Civic FN2 (great bit of kit).. I then found myself catching the civic on track, I made one last push on my last flying lap of the session, getting a little tow maybe ;) and went 2 tenths quicker putting us into P5 overall and P1 in Class!! with a 1:22.465 pipping the 2nd place Civic by 0.031s (that was close, good job we got the transponder fitted)

The chequered flag came out on the next lap and that was it, first session ever and we had grabbed pole in class!!!.. what a feeling!

Before we could enjoy it fully we just had the little task of post quali checks in Parc Ferme. Every car was weighed to make sure we weren't breaching the class regs!. We were weighed and given the thumbs up all ok!

Quite an array of cars, we're in there somewhere!

Here is my fastest lap from quali....

Race report up next (might be tomorrow now, that took a while to write).....

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning build really is a pro set up

With the fuel sensor did the 150 ohm work ok , i need to do my dash 2 set up and was advised to use a 300 ohm pull up.

Hi mate, thanks, it has escalated recently with all the latest mods.

Yeah the 150 ohm works fine, gives a voltage range between 0-3.5v .. a 300ohm will give you less resolution (0-2.5v) but will probably still be ok.

All depends on how many sensors you have hooked up to the 5v supply, it can only take so much current, the more sensors the less resolution u can run on each. if you aren’t running many you could use a 150ohm on the fuel sendor.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks ive got 4 sensors from the 5v , oil temp, oil press, fuel level and gear position but can put the gear pot onto a 12v feed if i need to.

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
I loved my RC8s, even if the “grabbyness” was a bit of an issue to start with, but you do need to keep an eye on them, because mine disintegrated after 1 qually and 1 race!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great write-up - looks like superb fun!

Really wish the 182 was available in that colour that's on your back bumper - goes well with the dark coloured alloys.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Another thumbs up for Hugh at H&R trailers. I’ll be picking up a hire Trailer off him tomorrow to load up for Nurburgring. Fantastic service and price. He mentioned that he sponsored a Clio track car, I guess he was talking about you. ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Great write up Tom,
That quali lap looks spot on too.

Would really like to come and see you boys race at some point. I have known Chris for a long time but never met him so would be good to see/meet you all and see a couple of races.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks ive got 4 sensors from the 5v , oil temp, oil press, fuel level and gear position but can put the gear pot onto a 12v feed if i need to.

what pull up resistors are you running on the other sensors?.. about 300ohms?.. if so I'd say you could run a 150ohm on the fuel level sensor without any issues as you aren't running many sensors.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I loved my RC8s, even if the “grabbyness” was a bit of an issue to start with, but you do need to keep an eye on them, because mine disintegrated after 1 qually and 1 race!

I found once the pads were up to temp there wasn't much noticeable difference to the feel of the pads between the RC6 and the RC8.. We had a set of the RC6 that started to crumble a little, that was after croft when it was about 35deg last summer and I think they just got way to hot.. brake cooling will be key this year with the increase in heat generated with the higher friction pads.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Great write-up - looks like superb fun!

Really wish the 182 was available in that colour that's on your back bumper - goes well with the dark coloured alloys.

Yeah i do like the grey accents, Its from MDP Supplies , Dark Grey Gloss.. could always get your car wrapped in it! ;)

Another thumbs up for Hugh at H&R trailers. I’ll be picking up a hire Trailer off him tomorrow to load up for Nurburgring. Fantastic service and price. He mentioned that he sponsored a Clio track car, I guess he was talking about you. ?

Nice!, do you have a clio that your taking? yeah Hugh is a top bloke, nothing is every an issue for him, and he his prices are pretty good for the standard of trailer you get too!

Great write up Tom,
That quali lap looks spot on too.

Would really like to come and see you boys race at some point. I have known Chris for a long time but never met him so would be good to see/meet you all and see a couple of races.

Thanks mate.. Probably my best lap I've ever done of Donington, I think having the car in front meant i didnt try and overdrive and just drove more smoothly than normal.

You'll defo have to pop over to one of the races if you get chance.. top of the range hospitality in the Pro-Am awning haha!. we're back at Donington again later in the year for the GP circuit.. I think thats the closest for you

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
RACE REPORT Update #2

So with qualifying out the way and still buzzing from our result we turned our attention to prepping the car for the race. The way the timetable played out we had a 4 hour gap before the race, so plenty of time to check over everything.

While cleaning the brakes and checking the front suspension we noticed a lot of grease on the RH driveshaft, wishbone / hub area. After some investigating we found we had a tiny hole in the RH driveshaft outer boot, which the grease had been escaping from and spraying everywhere. These driveshafts are over 3 years old so the rubber had started to degrade from the heat and stretching during use. Luckily we had a spare driveshaft so we got that changed out and cleaned everything up.

Another quick check on fuel usage from quali and a re filling of fuel for the race and we were all set to go.

We then had plenty of time to have our lunch and prepare mentally for our first ever race!.. The other halfs had both prepared a selection of home made sandwiches, sausage rolls, brownies etc!.. I definitely gained a kilo before the race. (I justified the amount i ate as extra ballast required just to be on the safe side! haha)

It was really nice to have friends and family all come down to support.

With the race looming I got suited up early ready to head over to the assembly area as I was going to start the race. There is a mandatory pit stop with the pit window opening between 15-30mins after the start.. The plan was for me to do the first 25mins before handing over to Ben who would drive the final stint.

In the car I got and off Chris and I went to the assembly area

When racing the national circuit they do the pre grid on the Straight of the GP circuit after the melbourne loop. So I drove up past all the other cars and slotted in on the 3rd row of the pre grid!.. only then did I appreciate the number of cars we had out qualified!, then the realisation that they would all be flying up behind me into turn 1!

Chris give me some final words of wisdom and reminded me to get all the brakes and tyres up to temperature, before switching all the cameras on and leaving me to head to the pit wall.

I had never done a practice start in the car up until that point so as we were called to line up on the main grid I did a couple of starts, which seemed to go well.

All lined up on the grid I took my references on the circuit so I knew where to line up after the green flag lap. Good thing about being up at the front was that I only had P1 directly in front of me as they have staggered grids, so that reference was pretty simple lol.. I was on the right too which was great as I wanted to hold the inside going into turn 1 so that nobody could dive up the inside.

Then the green light came on and we started our warm up lap, taking the opportunity again to have a practice start. Then spending the lap accelerating, braking and weaving profusely to get as much heat as I could into the tyres.

We then lined up in our grid spots; the back of the field seemed to take an eternity to finish lining up though. I was surprisingly relaxed at this point, I thought I’d be a lot more nervous than I was, I was just itching to get racing.

5s board showed and I doubled checked I was in first, then the lights came on and just as quickly they went out!.. I reacted pretty quickly and dropped the clutch, getting quite a bit of wheel spin.. The fiesta in P4 stalled on the grid and luckily didn’t get collected by anyone behind. With the B class cars in front having up to 25hp/ton more than our car I knew they would probably disappear off the line. The Civic from P6 (class C car) got an excellent start from along side me and managed to drive past down the outside and cut in front getting a phenominal run through the first corner. getting up to P3.

The rest of the field didn't get as good a start as the front 5 so there was no pressure behind for me going into the first turns. I then quickly felt some pressure from the P3 class C car which i managed to defend from around the first lap. I then found a nice slot to circulate in P5 for the next 7-8 laps.

Then the story started to take a twist for the worse. :cautious:

Coming down the craner curves I saw double waved yellows, I could see 4/5 marshalls pushing a class B Clio out of the gravel trap down at the old hairpin. I lifted as off your "supposed" to be prepared to stop with double waved yellows, I quickly realised no one in front or behind was slowing much so back on the gas I went. Annoyingly the first 4 cars managed to get past the Clio that had rejoined by the time we got onto the back straight, however I wasn't able to as I was too far back. I spent the next half the lap getting peppered by the stones flying from under the back of the now lapped Clio in front (you see me pull out the tow on the onboard). Just a few stone chips to the windscreen!!

Over the next lap the lapped class B car decided he would try to race with the leading pack, I caught him up easily through the corners and on the brakes, but couldn't get past out the corners and down the straights due to his extra HP.. I wouldn't have been that bothered, but i could see the lead class C car pulling away and the cars behind starting to catch up!

Coming into the last chicane I got a little caught out by how early he braked and got a poor run out onto the main straight.

This meant the Class B Clio behind started to gain slightly. I gave a little look in the mirror as I came into the breaking zone, he was a few car lengths behind so didnt look back again. I then braked as late as I could and got a little twich on so ran a bit wide.

Next thing I know i had been hit from behind and was spinning towards the gravel, the hit was that harsh my visor flipped down.. somehow I had time to put full lock on and even put my visor back up... However the momentum carried me sideways into the gravel trap on the outside of the corner. All 4 wheels dug in deep.

The Clio behind had run out of talent out braked himself and understeered straight into the my rear bumper as I was on the limit myself I had no hope of holding the spin. The driver and car in question span also but had both front wheels on the astro so was able to rejoin, only loosing a couple of places. (no penalty was applied at the Clark of the course saw it as a racing incident!!! hmmmmmm, not so sure when u see the onboard videos), and to be fair the camera angle of that corner isn't the best. (I spoke to the championship organiser and showed the footage after the race but I didn't do it within the 30 min period where you can challenge the results etc, lesson learnt)

I tried to drive out but just dug myself deeper. I waited for the mashalls to run over but they also couldn't push me out either. so that was it! race over DNF!.. gutted after such good pace in the race running with the Class B cars. Also with Bens pace we were definitely on for a podium. But that's motorsport i guess!

So anyway enough of my waffling, here is the race footage: lights go out around 1:00

I managed to get an on board video, of the incident, looking back from one of the cars ahead... and the footage speaks for itself! (might have added my own sound over the top haha)

So we left the track a little deflated with the race result, but I'm taking the positives that we have a quick car and we should be looking to be at the front for the rest of the season!... onto Snetterton in 3 weeks!

Last edited:
  Megane 250
Enjoyed reading that!

Great that the car was performing well, shame about he incident leading to a DNF.

Looking forward to reading about the next race.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Another great write-up. Shame about the DNF, especially as it was totally outside of your control, but that's racing I guess.

Might try and pop along to Snetterton if I can, would be good to see the car in the metal.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
I knew the outcome of the weekend which is a shame for everyone involved as the time and preparation gone into this car is ridiculous!

This car is amazing in real life. But more amazing for me, having driven the ‘same’ car on the same day, is seeing the corner speeds you carry. It’s got us all thinking! You’re definatly the trend setters. The only analogy I can think of is this....... ?

CCA01794-8862-4366-923D-A70F0A696EFC.jpeg

How further apart can two blue Clios be?!

Your Snetterton round isn’t the same date as our Snetterton round which is a shame.
We’re going up 13th May for a test day I believe.

Best of luck for the next round, you deserve a better result! I look forward to catching up at a later round ?

Very unfortunate that happened. Although its clear you are in contention for being at the top so I would be fired up ready for the next round!

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Very unfortunate:( I was watching the race live online. Well the timings etc. And than you disappeared:( had no commentary on so had no idea what happened. Than you posted on Facebook. What ever happens, happens for a reason I guess. Good that there is no damage! And you got vital experience. Now you know how well you perform against the pack. Next one will be better! I have booked my first round at javelin sprint days in August. Don’t have the marbles to race against other cars lol. Gotta be against the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
That's a joke that he didn't get a penalty for that!

Yeah that was a bit of a kick in the teeth, he went on to finish P9 overall too, and got a healthy handful of points.

Another great write-up. Shame about the DNF, especially as it was totally outside of your control, but that's racing I guess.

Might try and pop along to Snetterton if I can, would be good to see the car in the metal.

Thanks mate, and yeah it was frustrating. I guess I’d rather have a DNF that way though, rather than a stupid mistake I made or a problem with with car. With no real damage too it’s just a case of wash it off and go again!

Yeah come on over be good to have the support. We’re there on the Sunday 12/05

Very unfortunate that happened. Although its clear you are in contention for being at the top so I would be fired up ready for the next round!

Appreciate that, and yeah it’s given us a boost of confidence, I’m pretty pumped to go out again now!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I knew the outcome of the weekend which is a shame for everyone involved as the time and preparation gone into this car is ridiculous!

Hahaha that cool runnings pic made me chuckle! ?? absolute classic.. I wouldn’t put you that far behind tho, as I said a few tweeks to your setup and you’ll be a lot closer.. have to bring it over to Pro-Am HQ and I’ll “throw a setup on it” haha

I do appreciate your kind words though, it’s to see our work appreciated ?

Yeah it’s a shame the Trophy and Championship rounds aren’t on the same weekend again!, I think the next time is Brands at end of season.. we’re looking to do the Silverstone GP trophy race though so hopefully see you there ??

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Very unfortunate:( I was watching the race live online. Well the timings etc. And than you disappeared:( had no commentary on so had no idea what happened. Than you posted on Facebook. What ever happens, happens for a reason I guess. Good that there is no damage! And you got vital experience. Now you know how well you perform against the pack. Next one will be better! I have booked my first round at javelin sprint days in August. Don’t have the marbles to race against other cars lol. Gotta be against the clock.

Hey buddy, thanks for following the timing, I do try to follow the progress of everyone else too, the Clio community is great like that!.. yeah getting the first race weekend out the way is good, we’re pretty much veterans now ? .. just have to not forget the transponder next time!

Yeah you are putting a lot of faith in everyone else to not damage your car when u race!.. I’m glad ur not racing with us tho, yours would be to quick to keep up with! ?
What track have you entered?