ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomoTek - 182 Track Build here we come!...

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Brilliant read. Just spent the day at work reading it all! Really like the gear stick and switch panel idea also all your ideas regarding brake and fuel lines.
Its good inspiration for my Twingo rally car build.
Keep up all the good work!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good mate!.. that’s what the build thread is all about, giving people ideas!

We’re looking at fitting a quaife LSD, custom roll centre correction kit, potentially softer front springs.. get it weighed properly, and dyno’d to see what class we will be running in next year etc

I'm going to get my m8 to put some luvres facing rearward in the bonnet also to let heat out. Still waiting for the aero catches

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Donington Park complete!.. Both @Jenbo and I had a great day last Friday getting to grips with the circuit and making some setup changes throughout the day.. The car felt mega! (little bit of understeer to dial out).. We both built up our confidences on the brakes too.

Donington is such a ballsy circuit, needing a lot of commitment and confidence in the car.

Few pics and vids of the day.

Got the new PRO-AM Racing logos on the car and hitched up ready to go.

IMG_6486.JPG

Trying to keep up with Epps in his cup car!.

Then a quick break for lunch, review some onboards and talk setup

DWSR0497.JPG

A quick lap of the circuit with me driving.

Coming in hot from another successful test complete!

ELTJ6697.JPG

Next stop Oulton Park in 3 weeks.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant read. Just spent the day at work reading it all! Really like the gear stick and switch panel idea also all your ideas regarding brake and fuel lines.
Its good inspiration for my Twingo rally car build.
Keep up all the good work!
Thanks for reading through the whole thing!. Good to get feedback on what we're doing.. Like I said before, its all about inspiring each other. I took a lot of inspo from GT / BTCC cars during our build

Awesome stuff !! Gets me all excited to get mine finished and on the track ?

What's that little box above your rear view mirror ? Also, your speedo doesn't work, did you not keep the ABS module and sensors for the speedo ?

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I bet it feels like a right little racer with the seating position/gear lever etc
Yeah I love it!. seating position is what makes the car I think, doesn't feel like a clio when your sat inside. Everything is where I need it, lets me just concentrate on the driving.

What size tyres are you on? They seem large tyre walls
Hi mate, we're on 205/50 R15's . so pretty standard

Awesome stuff !! Gets me all excited to get mine finished and on the track ?
What's that little box above your rear view mirror ? Also, your speedo doesn't work, did you not keep the ABS module and sensors for the speedo ?
Thanks, glad to help!, be good to see yours on track too, been following your thread for ages now!

We've got an OMP i Race intercom fitted, allows for pit to car radio and when we have passengers we can talk easily.. and yes we have removed everything to do with ABS, so no speedo.

Good to see it getting used well, and being enjoyed!
How much fun is Donington, especially down Craner Curves!

Thanks, all the effort paid off now we're finally using it!.. by far my favourite track so far!, yeah Craner Curves and the Foggy esses are awesome!. going down craner curves flat out with no lift gets the heart racing!!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Ah that explains it then, most run the 195/50/15 So little bit bigger tyre wall on yours.

You need to get it to cadwell it's like a mini ring clios really shine there

Turbos.
Haha the eternal debate! Probably the most asked question on here

My reasoning:

Base unit cost, cheaper to run, minimal servicing, not running silly power so don’t need any aggressive locking, smoother operation, great customer service

Great build!

How do you find the Quaife; how much difference does it make on lap times and tyres?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Was talking to JJ about your car during the 24hour at Rockingham this weekend! Small world. Looks great as ever looking forward to seeing this out racing soon!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Ah that explains it then, most run the 195/50/15 So little bit bigger tyre wall on yours.

You need to get it to cadwell it's like a mini ring clios really shine there

Yeah it’s on the list, my mate always goes there in his saxo and loves it!.. not planning this year though as trying to get familiar with the tracks we’ll be likely to race at next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Was talking to JJ about your car during the 24hour at Rockingham this weekend! Small world. Looks great as ever looking forward to seeing this out racing soon!

Hi Jamie, small world indeed, JJ did say he’d been talking about it too.. hope he was saying all good things [emoji6] especially after I let him have some laps at Donington.. cheers bud, looking forward to getting it out.. were you racing in the C1s then?

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Scott @Tomotek , you certainly provide inspiration ? Looks like the car is running well, at what point are you planning to do your further upgrades?

Did you get my email with the CAD drawings I promised?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hi Jamie, small world indeed, JJ did say he’d been talking about it too.. hope he was saying all good things [emoji6] especially after I let him have some laps at Donington.. cheers bud, looking forward to getting it out.. were you racing in the C1s then?

Unfortunately not driving this time round just fuelling/spannering.
Hoping to get a go in one this season though as looks great fun!

Nothing but bad things about you.. car on the other hand ;) haha

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Scott @Tomotek , you certainly provide inspiration ? Looks like the car is running well, at what point are you planning to do your further upgrades?

Did you get my email with the CAD drawings I promised?

Yeah car is running great thanks.. We plan to fit a custom roll centre kit in the next 3-4 weeks and at the same time we are going to fit the quaife LSD. Not much more planned after that. It will be the spec we want to race next year

I believe I did get them, I have a lot of un read emails in that account I'll have a look and let you know.. thanks for doing that

Unfortunately not driving this time round just fuelling/spannering.
Hoping to get a go in one this season though as looks great fun!

Nothing but bad things about you.. car on the other hand ;) haha

Yeah it does look fun!. I watched some of Jacques on boards from Spa, EPIC!.. hahaha sounds like Jacques too

I’m pretty sure I’ve just wat he’d 40 minutes of a Clio going around a track!

That’s the best 40 minutes of my day so far!
That noise!!! Oh how I wish mine sounded that aggressive!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I’m pretty sure I’ve just wat he’d 40 minutes of a Clio going around a track!

That’s the best 40 minutes of my day so far!
That noise!!! Oh how I wish mine sounded that aggressive!

Glad you enjoyed it!.. I do love the raspy inlet and the noise inside!. gets the adrenaline flowing that's for sure!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Its been a few weeks since we took the Clio up to Oulton!.. and wow what a circuit.. Completely different to Donington. A lot more technical, bumpy and narrow, but just as enjoyable!. We could really start to see the strengths and weaknesses of the car too, which was very useful and what our season of testing was all about!

The day again ran very smoothly, racking up over 70 laps ~190miles

We had @chrispy.clio in the car too for a drive, giving us valuable feedback from all his experience in Clios.

Here are a few pictures of the day!

Garage.PNG

IMG_6834.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

Quick Pad change in the afternoon. Onto our second set of CL RC6s

IMG_6862.JPG

IMG_7093.JPG

@Jenbo taking a break. putting his Hans device to good use.

IMG_7121.JPG

Track 1.PNG

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_6968.JPG

Next stop is Croft on the 8th of July..

Not much work to do before then, a quick set down, bolt check, setup and off we go.

On the side we are also working on our own roll centre adjustment kit and stripping our spare box to send off the diff to Quaife.. lots going on!

Great stuff, really inspires me to get mine cleaned up and sharp! Ive used Atec a few times now btw and just about to again for some fittings for my pedal box :)

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Love this thread! Keep up the good work. Car sounds loud! Croft is my local track and hopefully will get the car ready to do the Christmas stages for its debut.