ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TomoTek - 182 Track Build here we come!...

Q5 S-Line+
Tomo,

Looking at doing a 182 build and in planning stage. Wonder if you'd be able to make us a gear shifter and cost? Any other short shift on a market is sh#t

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Tomo,

Looking at doing a 182 build and in planning stage. Wonder if you'd be able to make us a gear shifter and cost? Any other short shift on a market is sh#t

Hi Stu,

I can certainly look at doing something for you, It wouldn't be cheap though if it was a one off. send me a PM and I can discuss it with you though. :up:

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Just caught up on this thread - somehow missed the updates from the end of last year. Car looks cracking, and the interior looks great.
Glad to see it's up and running - it's a great feeling isn't it!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Just caught up on this thread - somehow missed the updates from the end of last year. Car looks cracking, and the interior looks great.
Glad to see it's up and running - it's a great feeling isn't it!
Hey buddy!.. thanks!.. yeah it’s a great feeling, just itching to get out again in it now!, going to book a few trackdays this year. You got many planned?

Hey @Tomotek
I wanted to check if you had any issue with you chassis to rear beam mount bolts?
Just looking at them it looks like there isn’t enough thread to them.

Hey, no I didn’t have any issues. They had 2 threads sticking out the end of the nut when I tightened them up. (I do have mine going through the cage spacers though, which would have caused me to need a longer shank than a std car now thinking about it). Totally forgotten about that when I sent that spreadsheet.

Is that the issue your seeing?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey buddy!.. thanks!.. yeah it’s a great feeling, just itching to get out again in it now!, going to book a few trackdays this year. You got many planned?
CSF is the definite I hope.
Otherwise I want to get a couple more in over the year. All depends on finances.
Be great to see the car though at some point.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Hey, no I didn’t have any issues. They had 2 threads sticking out the end of the nut when I tightened them up. (I do have mine going through the cage spacers though, which would have caused me to need a longer shank than a std car now thinking about it). Totally forgotten about that when I sent that spreadsheet.

Is that the issue your seeing?

I haven’t put them on the car yet just looked at them against the old bolts and it looks very close to not enouugh thread - your cage pick-ups would of been an advantage in this situation. I will probably be offering it up today so will see

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
As thought, this was an issue. I need to space the 2 inner (on both sides) rear beam mount bolts upwards at least 15mm to be showing only thread. (see pic below)

View attachment 1357868

This will probably be done with stainless spacers like @scotiamr2t suggested above, the 19mm versions should be spot on, annoying but things need to be right.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Having done a bit of thinking I won't be going with spacers, I don't want to cause any potential for movement. I am just going to source new bolts for the inner 2 bolts on both sides, these will have to be 100mm.

Hey @Tomotek , I cant find the aluminium brake lines on the atec site. Do I have to speak to them direct? Also If you dont mind me asking, how much was the line, was it per metre?
Ive just plumbed my system only yesterday and am not 100% happy with it, it was full braided but its my design and the fittings just didnt work out as planned

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hey @Tomotek , I cant find the aluminium brake lines on the atec site. Do I have to speak to them direct? Also If you dont mind me asking, how much was the line, was it per metre?

Hi.. yeah they don’t have everything on their website.. the catalogue is your best bet.

The below pics shows the Brake hardline and standard hardline depending on the fittings you use.. I used the 5-3mm line (649.909) .. at the time it was £3.30 a meter

71c1fcb87f640f4da8b6b57be1c56e3c.jpg

c93a369bc3f7890f0fb67204199ab99f.jpg

Hope that helps

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all.. Been pretty busy over The winter months trying to sort out a few things in the garage and on the car ready for this year.
I’ll be posting some more updates of what I’ve been up to when I get chance

@Jenbo and I have also entered the 2nd season of the Simply Race Endurance Series (SRES) which is a team endurance style sim racing event held at Simply Race in Milton Keynes .. our car this year is a McLaren 650S GT3 car .. races are between 6 / 12 / 24hrs in length

Our custom livery for this year is looking good

555211fad9387671815e0463cd6b9a19.jpg

Our Clio test dates and SRES dates are all sorted now, which you can see below.. quite a busy year which is good

3c9d2e1ca863a780eab4c7db77a2cdd2.jpg

You can follow everything on here or on our Instagram page. . . .
PRO-AM Racing

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Been a bit rubbish at updating this thread recently..

I have been beavering away finishing off a few things in the car over the last few weeks, all in prep for our first outing of the year at Rockingham last week.

I sorted out mounting the ECU on the bulkhead, mocked up and made my own door cards and door releases, sealed the bulkhead, changed the toe, made some tweeks to the brake setup, got the new tyres fitted etc. (pics to follow of the mods)

Went for new Toyo R888Rs as they are the Track day championship control tyre.

IMG_5493.JPG

Early start to get the car loaded up to get to Rockingham on the Saturday. @chrsipy.clio came along to help.

Once we got there we set up the garage and gave everything a once over. There were a few things I didn't get chance to do before we set off.

We bled the brakes and checked the camber / toe settings. Then it was off to sign on and driver breifing.

IMG_E6117.JPG
IMG_E6118.JPG

The weather was glorious, hitting around 25deg in the afternoon!.. we got lots of running in.. It was our first time at Rockingham so it was great to learn the lines and get our gearing sorted and braking references nailed.

We had to give the Clio a breather as we had been pounding round for about 3 hrs relentlessly.

Optimum Racing boys papped us giving the car an airing to cool the cockpit down!..

QGZB5766.JPG

Darren S Photography were on sight to take some great pics of everyone out on track... a selection below.

BlueClioThompson-17.jpg
BlueClioThompson-13.jpg
BlueClioThompson-28.jpg

BlueClioThompson-27.jpg

All in all we had a great day!. Got the balance we wanted, learnt the track, put more miles on the clio!. TICK!

Then to let the engine cool down and load it up on the trailer to bring home!.

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5985.JPG

A massive thanks to H&T Trailer Hire near Coventry that saved the day, having a trailer to hand to hire the day before the track day as our usual supplier had messed up our booking!. Hugh at H&T was a pleasure to deal with.. I highly recommend their company, we'll definitely be going back!

Next stop Donington Park GP in 3 weeks!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Hi, yeah I did, about 7am ish, I tow it with my Evoque, if you remember the tow car?.. I’m only down the road near Southam

Yeah was, you was going up the hill on dunchurch road with the speed camera on.

I was driving the other way in my Leon K1.
I live just off dunchurch road, Shakespeare gardens.
Didn’t realise you was so close.

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah was, you was going up the hill on dunchurch road with the speed camera on.

I was driving the other way in my Leon K1.
I live just off dunchurch road, Shakespeare gardens.
Didn’t realise you was so close.

I didn't really take in any cars on my way there.. I was far more concerned about not hitting any kerbs with the trailer.. this one was about 1m wider than ones i've used before. stressed me out haha..

Yeah not far at all!.. have to pop round check out your car at some point, does look ace!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
I decided to tidy up the doors as not having door cards on was bugging me.. plus we need them to race so that there are no sharp edges close to the driver etc.

I started out by getting some paper hung on the door to cut out the profile i wanted. I then used this template to cut out the cards. I used some 3mm foamex. Cut with a fine metal cutting blade on a jigsaw.

I then mounted them with torx head self tapping screws into the door structure

I reattached the door pulls and modified the original release cable, looping it around and fitting a red plastic sleeve, which can be used to open the door.

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5893.JPG

IMG_6133.JPG

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
So imitation is the highest form of flattery so they say?
Your cut lines were perfect so I copied them. Thanks

What's the next project on your list?

Looks good mate!.. that’s what the build thread is all about, giving people ideas!

We’re looking at fitting a quaife LSD, custom roll centre correction kit, potentially softer front springs.. get it weighed properly, and dyno’d to see what class we will be running in next year etc