ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Got the Cup on a Hunter alignment machine today - mates friend now has one in his garage in Peterborough.

Wanted to see what the rear was up too, as wasn't too sure. I will have to add 1 degree more of -ve front camber though.

WP_20140301_19_14_26_Pro_zps90288741.jpg

Fitted the new mirror earlier, job and a half. Had to dremel the brackets to open out the corners a bit to get the brackets round that bar. Lucky I was expecting this as read a few reviews saying as such. I must admit the view out the rear now is worth the effort.

WP_20140302_15_42_15_Pro_zpsc7e965f1.jpg

Dropped the Cup off at the same garage, who originally set up the geo, last night to get the toe in and camber sorted. I'm sure I wouldn't have asked for toe in, or 1.5 -ve. See what they say tonight when I pick it up.

What's the easiest way to get the fuel out of the tank, std pump and no ability to switch it on other than the ECU signal to prime etc?

Want to get fuel out, drop 10ltrs in, see where gauge is, drop another 10 in and so on.

Chase Racing Clio
Dropped the Cup off at the same garage, who originally set up the geo, last night to get the toe in and camber sorted. I'm sure I wouldn't have asked for toe in, or 1.5 -ve. See what they say tonight when I pick it up.

What's the easiest way to get the fuel out of the tank, std pump and no ability to switch it on other than the ECU signal to prime etc?

Want to get fuel out, drop 10ltrs in, see where gauge is, drop another 10 in and so on.

If you disconnect the fuel line at the rail, then switch ignition on (not engine of course), it should pump it out.

If you disconnect the fuel line at the rail, then switch ignition on (not engine of course), it should pump it out.

Tried that first - it didn't, pump didn't prime or anything. Reconnected fuel line to rail and could hear pump prime and engine started ok.

As a last resort, could I just get another fuel plug (for pump) and connect it straight to the battery via an inline switch and fuse?

Chase Racing Clio
Tried that first - it didn't, pump didn't prime or anything. Reconnected fuel line to rail and could hear pump prime and engine started ok.

As a last resort, could I just get another fuel plug (for pump) and connect it straight to the battery via an inline switch and fuse?

In that case, just make up 2 small wires and connect a 12v battery to the connection on the top of the tank, it's easy enough to figure out which one is the 12v input. You don't need to get another plug for the sake of 2 wires, just supply some voltage and it'll pump.

Had a few issues last year with my Go Pro 2, used it a few times this year and whilst moving - setting up in it's new position in the Cup and then for some reason it finally gave up the ghost and wouldn't switch back on. After a bit of looking around bought a 2nd hand one from eBay and also logged a call with Go Pro (thinking no chance). They got back to me today and after a few back and forth emails, with me after being told they come with a 2 year European warranty, searching all my old item numbers in my items bought from 2011 and then cross referencing the item number in Paypal to get the Go Pro's receipt (bought new) I've been given an RMA number for an exchange. Result.

Now I have to disappoint the Ebay user, who I bought the 2nd hand go pro from, with a return. He accepts returns - checked already.

So, something has gone ok this week!

Had to drop the car down to Dan's this week and when I dropped it off he offered to probe my tank connections and I now have an empty tank - well until I put 10 ltrs back in, noted the fuel gauge's needle position and then added another 10 ltrs. Another job off the list.

tim_050_zpsbc0a06f3.jpg

My 10 ltr divisions......nice!

ive had starvation at mallory with half a tank in a road car

Us as well, ruined our day after too.

What actually happens when starvation occurs?

Sudden loss of power, over steer, barrier?

Bit like a Mk1 Spitfire (plane one not the car) push the nose down to evade the closely following Messerschmitt and the engine would die for a moment or too. Due to the negative G encountered on hard push into the dive, forced all the fuel in to the top of the carburettor rather than into the engine. Messerchmitt's had fuel injection from the off so didn't suffer. Overcome this by half rolling (inverted) then pulling into dive. Positive G, but by the time you'd done this rounds where already landing. So either way, cut out round Gerrards or pushing into a dive whilst flying a Mk1 grabs your attention.

sorting out the Cup in the Sun with some tunes

[video=youtube_share;8Ax5LfGBwlM]http://youtu.be/8Ax5LfGBwlM[/video]

Calibrated the fuel gauge some more;

tim_050_zps2be80fec.jpg

Definitely a top half goes quicker than the bottom half gauge\car....10 ltrs, 20 ltrs, 30 ltrs and 40 ltr red lines.

Nearly ready -

WP_20140308_17_20_14_Pro_zpsba582ea5.jpg

All that's left to do is;

fit pax seat

Clean inside and out plus the 12 wheels

fill up the 3 Jerry cans for Thursday (got 40ltrs in the car now)

get back on the trailer and then relax.

Off over to Rockingham tomorrow, (9th March) for a look see as Tony, Ian and a few others from TARC are on a test\track day there.

To hopefully stop any rants at each other, about each others driving this week I've connected the intercom to the Go Pro, we'll have to wait and see if it works!

[video=youtube_share;4s4DBTogr3k]http://youtu.be/4s4DBTogr3k 0%[/video]

Looking good Pete, I must admit i am
Jealous that you are working on the car in the sun (iv been stuck at work all weekend).

Have fun today, gutted im not there.

First bit of good weather and you're at work :( , went to Rockingham and cheered up Tony with some of Sam's Choc brownies. One of Harry and Scarlett's favorite cars (the hot wheels one) suffered a bad engine fire they have some pics of the aftermath (didn't see the actual fire). Be interesting to know the cause.

Lol Pete, looking like a right chav!

LOL, I was born in London then parents moved to just outside the Greater London boundary - Chigwell from age 5 - 18 (when I left to join the RAF) so your comment isn't far off, though the word wasn't being used then I don't think!

Are they Advans there Pete? (far right in pic)

Yes, the last of my A048's. R1R, Dunlop and then Yokohama's. Will spend 90% of tomorrow on the A048's then Dunlop's. On Friday I'll remove the A048's and put on 4 Dunlop's ready for Rockingham on Saturday.

Lets hope you get enough outings this year to wear them all out Pete

Got to say, as long as we're trouble free when we do get out that'll be fine. Last year wasn't the best for us.