ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Cup In bits
Loads of adjustment Pete, you can even run them against the passenger a-pillar and still get a view, that would be awkward to look at though.

You need like a 10mm gap between the ROP and the roof to fit the supplied brackets so if you don't have that room just buy a bare mirror and make your own.

clio cup
Pete,
I've found in the past that if you put the camera too far forward in the cockpit then you get no perception of speed and everything looks like you are doing 20mph.

Ideally you want to get part of the front side windows in view to get the perception,

Also we can all then see when you miss a gear or select third off the grid! hehe

Think James has got one hasn't he Pete?

Ah, yes he has...

Loads of adjustment Pete, you can even run them against the passenger a-pillar and still get a view, that would be awkward to look at though.

You need like a 10mm gap between the ROP and the roof to fit the supplied brackets so if you don't have that room just buy a bare mirror and make your own.

Just worked out using PIE, that I've a 1.5 inch ROP bar but hardly any space between the roof and bar itself.

Pete,
I've found in the past that if you put the camera too far forward in the c**kpit then you get no perception of speed and everything looks like you are doing 20mph.

Ideally you want to get part of the front side windows in view to get the perception,

Also we can all then see when you miss a gear or select third off the grid! hehe

Hey, I'm new and improved this year!

Get your meaning about speed - I'll sort the left and right angle when it's fixed - in the last pic you can see the bonnet and then the ground so may be good enough. I'd have a data overlay showing speed etc too.

I've got one of those longacre mirrors like what James uses for sale pete if you want it?

Is it a 14" and any mounting brackets - it just the mirror that's fine too, PM me a price - would you do a if it fits\works I can buy or return?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Is it a 14" and any mounting brackets - it just the mirror that's fine too, PM me a price - would you do a if it fits\works I can buy or return?
Yeah it's a 14" with mounting brackets. Brand new and unused. The smallest diameter rollcage it fits is 43mm, so if you measure up first and let me know I'll Pm you a price. Seeing as your not the usual forum muppet I'm happy to do sale or return as well (providing it doesn't come back with a cracked mirror glass of course).

Haha why and how did you use pie to tell if there was an air gap between your cage and roof? :S

No.. to get the Diameter from the circumference (or other way round) lol.

But looking at James think I could squeeze (GS to lift the roof a bit) it in as he has done...

ScreenHunter_05Feb231327_zpsa9adf43c.jpg

Yeah it's a 14" with mounting brackets. Brand new and unused. The smallest diameter rollcage it fits is 43mm, so if you measure up first and let me know I'll Pm you a price. Seeing as your not the usual forum muppet I'm happy to do sale or return as well (providing it doesn't come back with a cracked mirror glass of course).

PM a price and from looking at James's it'll work fine. Cheers Mark. ah 43mm (1.75") let me check with PIE.

Worked out my bar is 40mm\1.5" does it say 1.5" or 1.75" on the box. All the ones I've seen advertised come measured in inches.

What's the slide adjustment for the mirror the 0-2.5" ( not the 2 -5")?

Last edited:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
PM a price and from looking at James's it'll work fine. Cheers Mark. ah 43mm (1.75") let me check with PIE.

Worked out my bar is 40mm\1.5" does it say 1.5" or 1.75" on the box. All the ones I've seen advertised come measured in inches.

What's the slide adjustment for the mirror the 0-2.5" ( not the 2 -5")?
Ah just seen your edit mate after I've pm'd you. Lol! It's not going to fit unless you get different brackets as my cage is 45mm diameter so needed the larger size.
The adjustment is 0-2.5".

182cup & 172 racecar
We tried one of these mirrors when we built the car, brackets were too big and i tried using gaffer tape to bulk out the cage, fkn pain and gave up and sold it.

Here's the final camera location - pending new mirror and that working out ok.

WP_20140223_15_17_59_Pro_zps726d1b26.jpg

Run out of wire connectors so couldn't finish. Got to get a cover\bracket for the bottom A frame power socket (or may just get an inline fuse and remove), may replace the USB power socket at the top of the A frame with just a USB one (proving power for the camera). Job done.

Gave it all a good spanner check too -tightened up the 4 bottom suspension strut bolts a fair bit - after they were done up post camber setting. Apart form an oil\filter change and a really good wash etc inside and out #17 is good to go.....yip yar!

Any one recommend some decent automatic wire strippers and connectors (various) - nothing too expensive mind!

Get rid of all that lot IMO Pete and just buy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SN9F-Car-...-5V-3A-15W-with-Micro-USB-Cable-/131124065198 and then hardwire in :)

The mirrors are great! I use mine for all round visibility not just the rear window can see out of the rear side windows with it too (helps when wearing HANS device) If you can’t get it to fit with the brackets just weld some DIY bracket to the cage and then

Ffs...didn't know those existed lol. Though mine is a go pro 2 so not micro USB, I'll see if I can get one for mine.

Sorry I typed the wrong one in. Lots of different ones available but http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Meter-DC..._Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item1e7ef0a876 thats the correct plug now I think.

Sorry forgot to reply about you looking to buy electrical stuff, I buy a lot of my electrical bits from Polevolt they will do the bits you need I think. If not and need something more specific let me know what and i’ll tell you where to buy from :)

Cheers James bought that one, though may not arrive in time... eta end of March lol. Will look at Polevolt, just after wire strippers and a selection of connectors.

Cheers James bought that one, though may not arrive in time... eta end of March lol. Will look at Polevolt, just after wire strippers and a selection of connectors.
Haha doh! What do you mean by connectors? My idea of connectors...AS_descrip.jpg
Or do you mean like crimp bullet connectors? If the latter then Polevolt is fine for them :)

WRX
Thats more like it Adam, be positive!

I'm just realistic, might be able to keep up with a few Class A at Mallory, if it's on next year. All being well, I won't be too far behind at Donington either. Don't forget I'm carrying more weight, less power and inferior suspension. But I'll be smiling when I see the chequered flag.

182cup & 172 racecar
Ah, maybe I got that wrong. As well as that being good (no charging req'd), I actually mean a remote on off switch, as it always seems a little hit and miss if it's turned on correctly.

Ah, maybe I got that wrong. As well as that being good (no charging req'd), I actually mean a remote on off switch, as it always seems a little hit and miss if it's turned on correctly.

Turn the beeping function back on....beeps 3 times when it's turned on or off and once for every time the "take a picture\film" button is pressed. Learnt the hard way myself. Or get a Go Pro 3 with the remote switch.

Last night I bought auto wire strippers , pair of side cutters , a selection of std crimps , USB lead to hard wire the camera in and also the Longacre mirror.

Today I've booked us on the £99 Javelin Snetterton OPL Thursday March 13th and left us on the Rockingham TD on the 15th March. Called Rockingham up to swap over to the test day on 4th April explained why (98db day and car reads 99-100). Will from Rockingham said we're not that anal - if it was 103 - 105 we'd be saying something. Bit of a bonus as I booked the day ages ago for £100 and the test day with 2nd driver works out at £275 - so will see if it's money saved on the day or wish I'd swapped to the test day....!

Also got an order in for 10 tyres, swapping to Dunlops as they are a lot cheaper than where I get my A048's from, even with around £25 off each tyre's RRP for a 205-50-15 A048.