ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Forged LY R26

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The R26 is now no longer for sale.

Apologies to those who made enquiries, I was dreading the thought of receiving an offer for the asking price so that told me selling was the wrong decision.

There's just too much time and effort gone into it to sell now so I've decided to rebuild the engine.

Last edited:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
R26 loaded on the trailer and heading up to RS Tuning. Fingers crossed I'll get it back in a couple of months.

F4C086B2-E3E8-4616-B8BD-34D21D2653A1_zpstdlkm3yi.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Tim are you going for the same engine spec or will you be after a bit more power now that Pauls doing it?

Also what engine will you be using, or is your block going to be ok?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
So Tom actually turned up :wink:

Yes, I got to Tom's at 5am.

He says "get lost you beardy weirdy!" ;)

Tim are you going for the same engine spec or will you be after a bit more power now that Pauls doing it?

Also what engine will you be using, or is your block going to be ok?

The old engine is in the boot so I'll be using which ever Paul thinks is better. I'm expecting the "new" engine to have bore and head damage so won't be much use.

Differences will be boring out to 83mm if there is bore damage and the 250 hybrid instead of the R26 hybrid.

Power wise the 250 hybrid should be good for 350bhp which is more than enough for me at the moment.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have everything crossed for you mate.

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. [emoji3]

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I have everything crossed for you mate.

I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. [emoji3]

Good news buddy glad to hear your keeping it.
Fingers crossed all goes well with the build at rs tuning

I'm hoping next time I'm at RS Tuning I will leave happy (unlike the previous three visits).

I vote you put the bloody thing on a diet

Thanks for trailering it up today Tom.

Having two engines didn't help but I agree it certainly isn't light :tonguewink:

Fiesta ST3
Just read this from the start.

Your a braver man than I for carrying on with this, I think I'd of cried and given up.

Fair play to you and I hope it comes back from RS tuning better than ever :up:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Just read this from the start.

Your a braver man than I for carrying on with this, I think I'd of cried and given up.

Fair play to you and I hope it comes back from RS tuning better than ever :up:

Brave or stupid lol?

It's too good a car to give up on. How many cars could lap everyone round an extremely wet Llandow track with a fucked turbo? :tonguewink:

My problem is I like to keep my cars for a few years and time and money I've invested means I'll keep this forever now.

Good luck with the build mate. I hope it comes good for you and you are back in the Meg sooner rather than later :smile:

Thanks Andy, and I hope the same for you and the Trophy!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Brave words. Brave, brave words.

I'm not worried. It may be some time before the meg is lapping anyone. Albeit I hope not 😧

It won't be too long hopefully, I said to Paul when I dropped it off that I'd like it ready for July.

I won't know for sure though until it's been stripped down but early indications are that the crank might polish up.

The Storm Grey is doing a good job in it's absence though.