ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time to face the music...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mini-valver

Seriously mini don't even bother, he wont listen.

Should just be locked and stickied.

Then when his inevitable "My mate says he can rebuild my engine for £50 and a stella" thread is posted that can be stickied just underneath it.

<3

Lots of Alfas
There should be a thread stickied with freds pictures of snapped belts and belt change bodge jobs he's seen. James if you want to save a few quid get the Gates timing belt kit, the renault aux belt kit and take it to somewhere like Birchdown.

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Well, some serious words of wisdon from you guys.

I definatly need to get this done, and tbh its something i should have done earlier.
I thort it was just a few of you renault boffins who took it abit far but it appears i was a little foolish in not listning.

The guy who said he would do it for £100 isnt just some teenager who wants to make a quick ton. Hes done hundreds of cambelts before and it was just my estimate at the tools being £60 after speaking to him he again said It would be more like £90

What do you reckon?

Get someone who knows there way around an RS, Will your friend be stamping the service book as well?

I had all mine done at NW Performance end of last month and was a spot on job and not far from you at all!

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unbelievable.

Just take the belt off and start the engine. Belts are mostly for show, anyway. Devil's work to keep dealership's pockets lined.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Do what you want, if you don't want to do them then don't.

You really don't sound like you want to, it is up to you. If they survive till sale time, don't tell us and brag about it. Similarly, if your engine gets f**ked, don't tell us and ask for help & advice.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I have a belt you could use. It's a bit old and tatty, the buckles in good nick though. Should be fine.

Awesome. So you raved on about how you managed to get a very low mileage minter, and now you don't want to spend the cash properly maintaining it. Great stuff.

ITB'd MK1
disagree i only paid 40 for my timing tools granted its the 1.4/1.6v and dci tool.

the tool itself isnt expensive tbh.

defo chancing it on a 04 plate.

not read rest of the pages cant be fecked

lol @ feds pic. worse 1 ive seen other than snapped belts

disagree all you want :) I'm still right ;)

Yozza'd Titanium 182
You amaze me tbh. Time and time again you said you had had it done and tbh I think a lot of us thought it was probably a lie at the time...(Iknow I did) You don't seem to be able to help your self lol.
Quick example in this thread..

"As for me "spending all my money on mods"

Lowering Springs - £10
Cliosport stickers - £8 total
Tow eye - Christmas present
Megane splitter - £3
Sound system - From previous car

so i dont think thats the issue.

Conveniently forgot the good few hundred you spent buying then fetching your cup spoiler then getting it sprayed....

I'm not sure it's worth anyone recommending a place to get your belts done because you will probably either not get them done or will go to a completely different and probably stupid place to what your told to do.:slap:

K

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Awesome. So you raved on about how you managed to get a very low mileage minter, and now you don't want to spend the cash properly maintaining it. Great stuff.

i do want to, im gettin either nw performance or birchdown to do it...?

well get it done then, cut the attitude and maybe you'll gain abit of respect off people for not being an absolute twonk

'k'... i mean wtf, people try and try to offer you advice and all you retort with is 'k'

you boil my piss.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Post another thread when you either blow it up or get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.