ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidy up for the Cup!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So anyway - the Cup failed its MOT and needed a few things so ordered stuff online and it arrived yesterday, thankfully i've been offered a ramp to do the work on!

image_zpse8fc8582.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Small update, I got the car through the MOT thankfully! (£350 later) But it is sorted!

What a difference having a ramp makes to doing work on these! Got use of a buzz gun so it literally took an hour to do all four corners!

Front anchors on;

050_zps525a7b0b.jpg

Rear's;

052_zpsd7c72125.jpg

I also washed it for the first time in 5 weeks yesterday. My old man gave me some soap that Volvo gave him when he bought his C70, its superb! No idea what it is but it's £50 for a gallon of it! Great stuff!

100_zps001e5ee6.jpg

099_zpsa25e5f18.jpg

098_zpsf5a3a444.jpg

So that's where I'm at just now, the cars running perfectly, not really sure anything else will be done if I'm honest its pretty good as it is just now!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its looking good mate, I just went for the Brembo Max discs rather than the Godspeed discs.

Oh and inside your arches need cleaned, Get it Sorted !!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What do you actually clean them with at all? I'm not really a cleaning 'enthusiast' even though I like my car to be clean if that makes sense?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I just use a load of soap and a alloy wheel brush and a smaller paint brush.

My car is away for 2 weeks in a few days time to get fully undersealed and wax oiled.

The sill's and inner arches are all coming off to get cleaned and waxed.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its a while away from your level of clean Dawn let me assure you! It could do with a going over with a rotary or so!

Few swirls here and there!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Small update(s);

The cup was due a service so I booked in at RenTech Edinburgh, mighty pleased with their work, the reception to the communication throughout was spot on. Hassle free bullshit at its best. The 120 mile round trip will be made again I'm certain!

Anyway, as I suspected the timing was out I had them check that whilst doing the service, yep, out a few degrees right enough,:mad:

Never mind,it's sorted now and it runs like a dream! What a difference to the power! Christ it's a fair boot up the arse now! :D I also bought a Ktec SS exhaust from .GAZ. As it was just too quiet, very happy with that. I've also agreed to buy xenons for the Cup also from FS Services (Stu and Fraser)! Cheers lads!

On a side note, I did manage to get the Sabelt cup wheel off for a clean at long last, wasn't expecting much but it did come up really well lol;

Before;

image_zps96257237.jpg

After;

image_zps6df12353.jpg

Thats all for now!

Danny

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like a different wheel mate. Always makes a massive difference!

Xenons are a great addition. Really missed them on the Trophy!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Kev! Completely forgot to give you a mention for the soft nail brush and suds idea! I'm well impressed with it!!!

Aye i think it'll finish it off at the front!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looking good big stuff, I remember boosting down a backroad in my mates fiat uno turbo sitting on an oil drum as it had no seats and every time I pressed the clutch I nearly fell off it!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Seen pictures of those wheels in that bad of a state before, never knew they could be brought back that good though. Good effort.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Minted mate! Ye upty?

Was at an 80th party for about twenty mins then Lucy was sick so brought her home (jackpot lol!:eek:)

Been up since 3am, utterly exhausted! Dain yerself sir?

looking good big stuff, I remember boosting down a backroad in my mates fiat uno turbo sitting on an oil drum as it had no seats and every time I pressed the clutch I nearly fell off it!

Cheers Martin!

Seen pictures of those wheels in that bad of a state before, never knew they could be brought back that good though. Good effort.

Cheers Adam, aye they tend to get grubby after a while - glad i bought a used one at 1/3 of the price now!