ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidy up for the Cup!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I've never been one to be that bothered about how nice my Clio's look, always more worried about the mechanical side of them, but, this Cup I bought in January really is a minter and I felt it deserved better on all points so I acquired some bits and bobs to make it fresher both inside and out! (outside bits to come ;))

The interior was a little shagged when I bought the car which really pissed me off. The previous owner had a dog and the hair had literally went throughout the whole interior, It was disgusting! I enquired about carpets and Steve (Cupman) came good with carpets from his which were in mint condition! Ideal!

So seeing as I have three weeks off I set about the work on Wed/Thu!

Didn't get many pictures but you'll get the idea!

Whist the seats were out (done across the road) I realised the hoover cable wouldn't reach so I had to improvise with a garden accessory to shift the car onto the drive way. I simply wouldn't recommend a garden seat in a Clio for long journeys/crashing...

070_zps6befff52.jpg

So Recaro's out;

Christ...

067_zps9b4ed788.jpg

And then...

071_zps1128f12d.jpg

I found £2.03 under the carpet so really the car only cost me £2147.97 lol

All cleaned...

072_zps89f293b1.jpg

073_zps1e7cea8c.jpg

Almost like new carpet...

074_zpseee55cd9.jpg

I also fitted the Sabelt RS steering wheel aswell, that along with the Recaro's makes it great to drive!

All back together...

076_zpsd3563db0.jpg

I have other bits and bobs to do as well like the interior grab handles and rear bench replacing but apart from that i'm pretty happy with it!

Cheers!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I did this to mine a few weeks ago, surprising how much muck gets stuck under the seats. Looks factory fresh, good work mate.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Thats some dedication to cleaning! Looks great though, very jealous of the Recaros.

225 Cup & Williams
Deck chair probably holds you better than the Recaros LOL

looks tidy though mate. The Sabelt wheel was the best mod I done to my 172.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Deck chair probably holds you better than the Recaros LOL

looks tidy though mate. The Sabelt wheel was the best mod I done to my 172.

Cheers Stevie!

Aye its getting there, I utterly love driving it - since I was 21 I've had 4 RS Clio's and i'm still not bored of them!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Danny when you coming to help me get my seats and carpet out?!?!

I would love to do that but i have no idea how too :dapprove:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It's honestly a bit of bun Marc! If I managed it anyone can!

There are literally 8 bolts holding the seats in and can be taken out with no hassle! The rest of the stuff is just plastic trim that comes away dead easy!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It's honestly a bit of bun Marc! If I managed it anyone can!

There are literally 8 bolts holding the seats in and can be taken out with no hassle! The rest of the stuff is just plastic trim that comes away dead easy!

Where are the bolts and how do i get to them?
When i unplug my airbag/pretensioners will any lights come on the dash ?

​I love how clean yours is inside now, Its making me want to start on the car the now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The two outside bolts are under rubber caps that just pop off, the two inside bolts are on the tunnel that accommodates the exhaust, perfectly accessible by jacking the car up and putting it on stands! You'll need a 13mm deep socket and an extension aswell. Easy peasy mate honestly I was surprised I managed it without f**king it up lol.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I'm feeling a bit better after having a late breakfast! Getting too old for it, man.

FF Racing Blue 182
Good effort Danny....if that was me i would have it back together but still have bolts/screws left over

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb Pirate! Lols at the deck chair though! You should try it with a paint pale!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
haha this is very true, loved the recaros in my cup though they do lack the support really, I wish they were a bit bigger sides and base support.

Couldn't agree more Gaz, the standard chairs are just as supportive!

Good effort Danny....if that was me i would have it back together but still have bolts/screws left over

I had the opposite problem I f**king lost two!!! :mad:

Are those genuine runners for the Recaro's or home made?

​They look to sit lower than the ones in a Trophy.

Custom made as Gaz says mate, you do sit slightly lower, as I've never had Recaro's I don't have anything to compare them too but they are pretty low!

Really good danny. Like the clean-ness.

Cheers Adam!

Superb Pirate! Lols at the deck chair though! You should try it with a paint pale!

Needs must oor Kev lol!

They're homemade efforts. Far too low for my liking!

That's because you're old and gay!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Aye but they're holding my seats in ATM. I've got non shouldered HT M10's to go in. Just need to get a dry night.