ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

172 Cup
Has anyone had issues with Kinect not picking up your voice, having to say Xbox Off about 3/4 times before it actually does it.

Doesn't pick my voice up on the sofa so end up turning it off by hand which defeats its purpose.

Has anyone had issues with Kinect not picking up your voice, having to say Xbox Off about 3/4 times before it actually does it.

Doesn't pick my voice up on the sofa so end up turning it off by hand which defeats its purpose.

My Kinect was perfect, until I had 7 people in my living room on Sunday. Did it want to listen? No. I looked a right dork.

Yaris Hybrid
I reported this earlier with the voice commands. I have calibrated it loads of times. Sometimes it works a hundred percent accurately and then for no apparent reason it will drop to 70% accuracy and I have to repeat phrases loads of times and sound like a tw*t telling it to go home 6 times in a row. Totally empty quiet room and speaking plain english and it just won't understand. Yet another time I can mumble the phrase whilst in the bathroom and the bloody thing works.

I also have the judder whilst watching TV. That means it is useless as a home media hub which in turns makes it surplus to requirements as the PS4 I get Friday will now do everything I can do with my Xbox only better. I've ripped out the Sky box and plugged that directly into my amp and have also ripped out the Kinect and reverted the Xbox to being just a plain and simple games console.

Irony was I have no problem with the sound. It connects to my Onkyo amp via HDMI and it is picked up as a multistream signal just like the PS3.

Disappointing. So much potential and yet so useless now. Only reason for me to keep it is to play Halo and that is a lot of money to play one game. Can't see any other decent exclusives other than the usual multiplayer first person shooters for "dudebro's". I can play the usual stuff like Netflix on the PS4 so the Xbox has no advantage there. But I can also play David Cage and Naughty Dog games on my PS4. Oh and imaginative stuff like Journey and Flower that we saw on PS3. The Xbox isn't really offering a reason for why it justifies space under my TV.

Hell I'd rather have a Wii U because at least that has a couple of cracking 9/10 games out now!

Maybe they can patch the 50hz issue but from what I've read that won't be as simple as it sounds and could also have other consequences. I will keep hold of the console for now.:(

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
yes recieved everything on day one but surely like any other sane business would of dont there all ordered at the same time i paid for them all at the same time altho they took the payments out sepretly which set of fraud prevention on my card

this is the reason game f**ked up i know of 3 people who ordered there console and serveral other items at the same time and because of games payment method these people only got games because the banks stopped there cards due to thinking it was fraudulant activity

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Well after a few days I like the fact It's just settled under the TV nicely.

It's not without it's fault but neither was the 360 when I first got it - it's going to have to mature. I downloaded that Kinect sports game the other day and it simply refuses to let me play where my kinect is currently sitting - f**k knows why as it's no different than the old one was.

The voice commands can be hit and miss and like already stated the one time you want it to work when guests are round you end up looking like a plonker - and then the console just looks plain stupid too when it happens.

THE! single most irritating thing about it now though is the stupid decision to remove the pop up notifications when your friends are online - WHY?! I have no idea when my mates are online playing games unless I clumsily revert back to dashboard and click through a million menus.

Dumb!

1.8 Civic EX
Well after a few days I like the fact It's just settled under the TV nicely.

It's not without it's fault but neither was the 360 when I first got it - it's going to have to mature. I downloaded that Kinect sports game the other day and it simply refuses to let me play where my kinect is currently sitting - f**k knows why as it's no different than the old one was.

You should be able to navigate to the Kinect setup screen from the game. It goes to a different set up bit where you have to tell it where the floor is. Mine did the same. Will be fine afterwards. It's only a demo anyway, not the full Kinect sports rivals game.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
See I told it where the floor is and it was happy but it still had a strop :)

I think it might be the reflection from my AV stand under certain lights - I don't think it understands why there is a floating upside head on the screen!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Automatically saving video clips after certain accomplishments is annoying. My upload folder is packed with saves, punches and long shots on Fifa, none of which I wanted to record. Battlefield also saves clips when you rank up. Again, I just then have the chore of deleting them.

Knocking off the record feature works, but I like using the "record that" voice command when I actually do want to save something.

Automatically saving video clips after certain accomplishments is annoying. My upload folder is packed with saves, punches and long shots on Fifa, none of which I wanted to record. Battlefield also saves clips when you rank up. Again, I just then have the chore of deleting them.

Knocking off the record feature works, but I like using the "record that" voice command when I actually do want to save something.

IMO its a bug with Fifa.

Inferno 182 CUP
Right, someone explain this install process.

Am i right in saying once a game is installed to the xbox, the disc needs to never be inserted again?! - Whats stopping me installing mates games and handing them back?

Right, someone explain this install process.

Am i right in saying once a game is installed to the xbox, the disc needs to never be inserted again?! - Whats stopping me installing mates games and handing them back?

You're wrong. Disc is needed to play, unless you go digital.

Inferno 182 CUP
Not what it says online, says games can be installed to the xbox (if you select to install an entire game) and disc is never needed again ..

Nippy white cup
Anyone else had or having trouble signing in? Says sign in using controller but the says try again in a few mins?!?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Soooo

My kinect is dead lol.

It refuses to power up - states it's not connected - I did notice the light had gone out but didn't think anything of it!

Mind you I hope it's that and not the actual xbox!

Don't know if I should contact the retailer or microsoft themselves?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Now waiting for a new sensor bar - they send me a new one and I put the old one in the box and return.

Apparently it's happened to quite a few day one editions!

FYI - do you have 3 red lights/lines on all the time on the kinect sensor?? if so it's not supposed to!

Soooo

My kinect is dead lol.

It refuses to power up - states it's not connected - I did notice the light had gone out but didn't think anything of it!

Mind you I hope it's that and not the actual xbox!

Don't know if I should contact the retailer or microsoft themselves?

Clio 1.2 16V
Still waiting on my console and free game! The OS is starting to get annoying though! Some really basic stuff I could do on the 360 is missing on the one, battery level indicator for one!. Hope there is an update soon.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If my Kinect breaks its going to be a real pain in the a*se for me as its routed through the loft and is not an easy job to remove.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-2
Still waiting on my console and free game! The OS is starting to get annoying though! Some really basic stuff I could do on the 360 is missing on the one, battery level indicator for one!. Hope there is an update soon.

Have they emailed you about the free game?

I chose mine mine and they sent me the download code through for it a couple of hours later.

AK

M240i
Now waiting for a new sensor bar - they send me a new one and I put the old one in the box and return.

Apparently it's happened to quite a few day one editions!

FYI - do you have 3 red lights/lines on all the time on the kinect sensor?? if so it's not supposed to!

Mines has 3 red lights on at all times?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Have to admit, I preferred the dashboard on the 360. The friends list is very user-unfriendly, IMO. Some things are better, but overall I'd much rather it was how it was.

The friends list looks hideous too on the white background. They should change it to black for a start, like the dash.

The Upload feature is pissing me off too, it keeps failing to upload.

Clio 1.2 16V
Nipped home from work at dinner and my new console has arrived... In working order as a bonus.

Nice! Not had any contact with them since I set up the order, guess Ill be calling them again tomorrow getting bored of this now!

Did you get any tracking information from them or did it just come?

Skoda Fabia vRS
Anyone know the pad controls for watching video/DVD, they don't seem to be the same as the 360