ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

1.8 Civic EX
This might come in handy for some....

tumblr_mwp6psDDl61sh19qjo1_1280.png

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Doesn't Xbox have a setting to power everything up when you say Xbox on?

Well, there's no chance at all it can physically turn the TV on as that requires you to press a switch on the side panel. Unless you leave it in Stand-by mode at all times, which isn't advised.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
:dapprove:

Aww, I'm just messing best buddy.

Seriously though, having read it back, your post made little sense. What the f*ck are you talking about? Of course I'd need the TV on to watch Sky.

My TV has 4 HDMI's, but boasting aside, I'm finding it a bit of a pain, TBH. For a start, my Sky switches itself off at night when idle for 4 hours for power saving. So I then have to "Xbox on" and then press the power button the Sky remote to turn Sky on. If I want to leave it on, I then leave the XBox on, so that would have to remain on at all times when I'm watching TV. I'm reverting back to two leads and switching the XBox off when not in use, along with the TV.

There's a setting in Sky to prevent it going into standby after 4hrs/midnight.

Fiesta ST-2
Great offer from microsoft, my xbox had the disk drive problem so I contacted them and arranged delivery of a new console etc...

they've just emailed me saying they will give me a free game for my problems and patience.

Either forza, dead rising 3, zoo tycoon or Ryse.

great success :rasp:

Clio 182
If anyone still wants an X-Box One

Go to http://www.argos.co.uk site

At the very bottom of the page, click the link 'stock checker' (under 'Product Information'). Enter the catalogue number and your postcode. Click 'Buy or Reserve' and checkout as normal.

Argos stock code is 122/6027

Within 2 days delivery

Bloody argos are useless, ordered the xbone straight after you posted it, said it was in stock and my order would be with me the following day. Surprise,surprise, Next day there's no sign of it, and no e mail confirming dispatch, no problem i thought, I'll wait until Monday evening and give them a ring, as the tracking does nothing on the website.

Phoned them just now, they said it's left their warehouse and is currently with city link, he then phoned them and after 15 minutes rings me back, apparently it's gone missing in their depot, and I'm to phone back tomorrow evening to see if it's been found, the item is now out of stock, so if it's not found, my options are a full refund or a reserve on the next batch.

But it comes across like Argos were slow to update their website, the item was out of stock all along, and they are covering their arses by blaming city link. There is zero chance it'll be found, in my opinion they didn't have an xbox to send, if I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat. But I'm not holding my breath.

Crap service...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Admittedly I haven't managed to get it to turn on with voice commands.
nor me, everything else works apart from xbox on :(

maybe its because i chose the proper shutdown and not the one where it comes out of hibernation quick, perhaps you need that option to turn it on by voice?

maybe its because i chose the proper shutdown and not the one where it comes out of hibernation quick, perhaps you need that option to turn it on by voice?

I believe you do.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I get 15% off these at work from Friday

However, I still cant see how Kinect is going to work. It will be in my small bedroom. I play lying on my bed fairly close to the screen (about 10 foot away), is it going to be able to recognise anything or just create more hassle/issues?

Im tempted by a PS4 for this very reason?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I can't think of anything that requires kinect, it just adds value, like it will sign you in automatically when it sees your face, that should still work lying on your bed. It doesn't recognise me when I'm sat right back in my arm chair, I have to sit forward.

Ph 1 172
Loving the xbox one... Especially kinect, although I was one of few that really like the first kinect. Really like how kinect has tge lean feature in battlefield between the rumble triggers and lean I think they are great additions.

Forza is beginging to be a bit of a let down though IMO, can't even sell cars for anything so you have to really watch what you buy otherwise you end up having to repeat races and its worthless tuning cars as you can't use them in anything.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The head tracking is ok, but flawed really, when in a vehicle and turning your head to the right to see out of the right hand side, you are looking right, and not at the tv so can't actually see what the character is seeing, if you had monitors to the side it would work.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Just thought I'd try this DVR game recording malarkey... from Ryse Son of Rome.

Surely if you where on a bridge attacking some dudes with a sward his mates would come help instead of idling around waiting for you to make the first move.

Also, don't know if it's your DVR but did you glitch through one of them at one point?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I get 15% off these at work from Friday

However, I still cant see how Kinect is going to work. It will be in my small bedroom. I play lying on my bed fairly close to the screen (about 10 foot away), is it going to be able to recognise anything or just create more hassle/issues?

Im tempted by a PS4 for this very reason?

Mine is setup in the bedroom also (my missus uses the main TV in the living room every night) and it would be pointless having an Xbox as I'd never get to use it. I play sitting on the bed and the TV is mounted on the wall, it works perfectly well.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The head tracking is ok, but flawed really, when in a vehicle and turning your head to the right to see out of the right hand side, you are looking right, and not at the tv so can't actually see what the character is seeing, if you had monitors to the side it would work.

Agreed, you are supposed to lean but that just doesn't work either in reality.

1.8 Civic EX
I think Kinect is great, but then mine is in the living room so have a bit more space than those in bedrooms etc. it's worked 100% of the time for me! Xbox on, face recognition etc. turned it but I was looking down at the ipad and it didn't sign me in, the second I looked up "hello Ryan" and I'm signed in :)

had a go on the fitness thing yesterday. 10 minute ab work out. Again it worked flawlessly for that. Defo worth trying if you hadn't already.

if anyone still has a FIFA code they don't want and is feeling generous as it's newly Xmas feel free to pm it my way ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Needs to be in Sleep mode. Mine sometimes takes 2-3 times to come alive when talking to it. However it works better after redoing the Kinect setup.

Also regarding Power use.

XBOX One in Standby draws 15.2W. If you leave that on every day of the year in that mode it will cost approx £2.04 a month based on 14.2p per Unit.

Revels Mum & Sister
Well yeah they do.. Mine turns on like I said. Sometimes I might have to say it twice.

The other issues will be patched so it is no biggy really is it. Plus you are bating Munson ;)

You mention these issues but all the faffing you do with your £2K+ PC just to get a game running far outways any small systems issues which will be fixed shortly ;)

I'm not bating. I'll probably end up getting one. I just think it's a bit poor that much of it's all-in-one capabilities seem pretty broken. Hopefully fixable. Although the Dolby thing is likely to be a licensing issue?

Revels Mum & Sister
They sad that the TV function would not be fully functioning on release day. Granted the 50hz thing is an oversight and as usual it works perfectly fine in the states... Dolby you are probably right is a case of throwing a switch to enable once licensing has been sorted out I am guessing?

Other than that most things work to be fair.

The dolby thing won't effect me - I must use my xbox slightly differently

I take the audio and video into my TV through HDMI, then take the 5.1 output from the optical out on my TV into my turtle beach headphones.
That way I can use the turtle beach's for whatever is on my tv - movies, tv, xbox, apple tv etc....

As far as I know it's still dolby surround sound going through the hdmi - they've just not got it working on the optical out on the xbox.

I guess you guys must be using surround sound systems with multiple optical inputs so you take on direct from xbox and one direct from tv etc...

Revels Mum & Sister
I use HDMI to TV and Optical from TV to Amp. For some reason the Xbox when going from HDMI to HDMI in on the up does not display the picture.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd be using 5.1 downstairs, but with it being upstairs my audio is just over HDMI. If I buy a second One later on for downstairs it would be an issue but hopefully it would be resolved by then, although I don't know what my options are in terms of saved games etc as with the 360s I used to just take the HDD off and transfer it between consoles.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Surely if you where on a bridge attacking some dudes with a sward his mates would come help instead of idling around waiting for you to make the first move.

Also, don't know if it's your DVR but did you glitch through one of them at one point?
I'm sure that, in reality, his mates would join in and help! It would make for a lousy gaming experience though! The attacks do get more frequent and the enemy do attack in groups later in the game though; makes it a bit more interesting. And yes, there are a few glitches here and there - especially when the execution moves are taking place and you effectively get other characters in the way of the pre-baked animations.

I take the audio and video into my TV through HDMI, then take the 5.1 output from the optical out on my TV into my turtle beach headphones.

I use HDMI to TV and Optical from TV to Amp. For some reason the Xbox when going from HDMI to HDMI in on the up does not display the picture.

I'm not sure what TVs you have, but my TV's optical out is not DD.

Otherwise I would do the same (One >HDMI> TV, and TV >optical> Amp). Instead I have to do One >HDMI> TV, and One >optical> Amp.

My Amp's HDMI board is f**ked, so I can't use HDMI-in until I fix/replace it :(

Revels Mum & Sister
You know what I believe you are right... I never thought about that. I think the amp issue might be to do with the cable between amp and TV not being good enough and having the XBOX set to 32/36 bit depth rather than 24 and it perhaps not being able to handle the throughput. Although lots of talk of the Pioneers not playing well with the Xbox.

I'm not sure what TVs you have, but my TV's optical out is not DD.

Otherwise I would do the same (One >HDMI> TV, and TV >optical> Amp). Instead I have to do One >HDMI> TV, and One >optical> Amp.

My Amp's HDMI board is f**ked, so I can't use HDMI-in until I fix/replace it :(