ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

My thoughts so far:

+ Voice commands
+ Instant switching between Sky and console
+ Extremely quiet
+ Dashboard style
+ Game recordings
+ Controller
+ Turning off my TV, amp and Xbox with one command
+ Multitasking
+ Skype
+ Kinect quality and accuracy
+ Game clarity/detail

Dislike

- No chat/party with 360 users
- One has to be on (not stanby) to watch anything through HDMI input
- The quality of recordings taken from gameplay is poor
- No DD over optical output
- Unable to browse content from local PC (DLNA) unless sent
- No notification when a friend comes online (unless I'm missing something?)

1.8 Civic EX
Streaming media needs something to send the video to the xbox, like a program, there are apps on android apparently, not sure about for PC or Mac, the xbox doesn't have a client though to pull it from the source, it just accepts stuff and opens the relevant app. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Ive now replaced my ps3 with my one, and using the optical I seem to be getting surround sound under the dts setting, I think my amp accepts it as long as the source is doing the decoding, which it seems to be. Although at first with battlefield I could hear explosions, but no background noise, from running or driving, but then it started working and has worked since. So I think I have it sorted, just using dts. Need to try a bluray that doesn't support dts to make sure it still works.

in battlefield, make sure you go into the audio settings and change it to "war tapes". Sooooo much better.

Clio 1.2 16V
My thoughts so far:

+ Voice commands
+ Extremely quiet
+ Dashboard style
+ Game recordings
+ Controller
+ Multitasking
+ Skype
+ Game clarity/detail

Dislike

Pretty much my feelings with the console too (minus the non working disc drive lol!).

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sorry, are you using the DTS option for optical?

I have Sky putting audio over HDMI (setting is Dolby D, not 'normal') then the One is audio over optical to the amp (setting is Stereo uncompressed).

Either way I don't think the sound is right.
I'm now putting video over the hdmi and audio over optical, both going through my amp.

Ive set the optical on the one to be dts and it seems to be working. Just need to try a non-dts bluray to make sure it still comes through.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well I've tried it and I can play video through skydrive which solves my problem but I'd rather play em off a stick
Isn't that a bit of a pain uploading to skydrive though, well it would be on my 1mb upload connection, upload it to the net to then play it off there when all the elements are on the same internal network.

dk

911 GTS Cab
:eek: that is shocking. sure there not a setting for it somewhere like on the 360?

DD5.1 over optical is fine on the 360, its how I get my audio to my amp.
when looking at setting it offers stereo, 5.1 and dts for sound over HMDI, but on the sound over optical drop down theres only stereo and DTS.

Luckily my amp supports DTS as long as the device pushing it does the decoding is how i understand it, whereas it will decode 5.1 itself.

as I've mentioned, what I'm unsure of is what happens when play something not supporting dts on the xbox, although it must convert it or something, just strange it doesn't list 5.1, say it mentioned on the web before it arrived in a review and didn't think it was possible, but sure enough its missing.

dk

911 GTS Cab
My thoughts so far:

+ Voice commands
+ Extremely quiet
+ Dashboard style
+ Game recordings
+ Controller
+ Multitasking
+ Skype
+ Game clarity/detail

Dislike

so you're putting your sky box through it, thought that wasn't going to be supported by sky as they don't allow hdmi out?

i also am missing the friends coming online thing too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
in battlefield, make sure you go into the audio settings and change it to "war tapes". Sooooo much better.
hmmm, i tried that and it just sounded like i had a load of extra background static? It was just in the menu i tried it though

Lancia Integrale
I still feel I haven't really been blown over yet- it may be that I've only got fifa and Forza- two games I played to death on the 360 up until the day before the xOne release, what game should I get out of the rest of the launch games today?

Skoda Fabia vRS
I don't like how when I turn it on by saying Xbox on but then I've still got to turn the controller on

when looking at setting it offers stereo, 5.1 and dts for sound over HMDI, but on the sound over optical drop down theres only stereo and DTS.

Luckily my amp supports DTS as long as the device pushing it does the decoding is how i understand it, whereas it will decode 5.1 itself.

as I've mentioned, what I'm unsure of is what happens when play something not supporting dts on the xbox, although it must convert it or something, just strange it doesn't list 5.1, say it mentioned on the web before it arrived in a review and didn't think it was possible, but sure enough its missing.

From my testing, if you have DTS selected on the One over optical, and the source you're watching is DTS there's no problem.

However if the source you're watching is stereo, it doesn't seem to work right (some YouTube vids and Sky channels).

so you're putting your sky box through it, thought that wasn't going to be supported by sky as they don't allow hdmi out?

i also am missing the friends coming online thing too.

Yeh I'm using Sky through it. Sky has no problem with HDMI out, it's sending signal TO the Sky box it cannot do (via the One).

So once I say 'Xbox watch TV', I then need to use my Sky remote instead of having an on screen guide I can use via my One controller.

Nothing at the mo :(
Wait you CANT do party chat like you can on 360? Thats the main reason i got my 360!!!! Dam looks like i aint getting a Xbone then

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Could a XBO owner play a 360 owner at FIFA?

That wouldn't work because they are two different games. The next gen version has more animations and skippable cutscenes, as well as different ball physics etc etc.

The 360 wouldn't be able to recreate that for continuity.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Still no games from Game. What a c**t of a company.

No one delivers on a Sunday. Except my strikers against your slap dash idiot defenders and goalkeeper.

But yeah, I'm sure you'll think twice about ordering from them again. Poor form really.

AK

M240i
I'm ready whenever. You'll regret being so cocky.

It it is really poor, preorder games for launch and they don't appear :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
From my testing, if you have DTS selected on the One over optical, and the source you're watching is DTS there's no problem.

However if the source you're watching is stereo, it doesn't seem to work right (some YouTube vids and Sky channels).

Yeh I'm using Sky through it. Sky has no problem with HDMI out, it's sending signal TO the Sky box it cannot do (via the One).

So once I say 'Xbox watch TV', I then need to use my Sky remote instead of having an on screen guide I can use via my One controller.
Ah ok, and yes, it was pretty stupid of me to say hdmi out on sky wouldn't work when it's how you display it on the tv lol.

im going to try a DVD and bluray to see if my sound is ok when it's non dts, I don't think I'll put my sky through it though, so I won't see the stereo issue you're seeing I don't think.

Hopefully an update will add it, it's crazy it's not there.

stu12345

ClioSport Club Member
  EB e46 m3
i redeem a £50 gift card yesterday , so this morning i thought i buy a digital download game but i cant find where the fifty quid gone ????

any help

Hooked mine up through to my PC's soundcard now with the Optical, so so much better than directly through to my speakers!

Also checked that the dvd drive works fine, all ok there!

So what's everyone else playing apart from Foza/Fifa - many got Dead Rising? Is it worth getting?

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
i got mine on friday its been madness tho
preordered and paid in full through blockbuster
despretetly tried to get refunded
contacted by micrsoft and got same preorder wit them
forza 5 xtra controller and 2x play n charge kits preordered with game

so release day
xbox one w/fifa 14 turns up at 8.55am brilliant
2x play n charge kits arrive a 1.15
1x controller arries at 3.30
forza 5 steelbook arrives at 5.45

was not amused with game wtf why cant you just send them all together i paid for them all together DICKHEADS

im online most of the time

tag is KARLOS MENDOS

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why are you not amused with game, surely the fact you received everything on the right day is ok, there must be a reason why they sent them separately, possibly to do with the postage they prepay, so sending them all as small packages is cheaper? As long as you received them all I can't see the problem.

I didnt know know you could buy direct from Microsoft, I didn't know they had stores too, seen some people online told to take their broken xbox back to a Microsoft store for replacement.

none :(
Can anybody tell me how I can remove old card details and check when my gold runs out.

Also I'm looking at getting a sound bar. Now can I connect this via hdmi or will it have to be optical. If I connect via hdmi will it go in the hdmi out port.