ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ Ahh well that's good on one hand - s**t on the other.

Grab that digi copy of fifa on here for sale - save you some.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Surely the FIFA is just a code, so it's tied to your gamer tag, so you can just download it again!

oh and this day one rubbish, load of b****cks, it's just a tiny logo on the controller, pretty disappointed, I don't know what else I was expecting as I knew what day one meant, but come on, it's just on the controller, oh and an achievement, but again, just use the code and it's on your tag and y won't lose it.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Surely the FIFA is just a code, so it's tied to your gamer tag, so you can just download it again!

oh and this day one rubbish, load of b****cks, it's just a tiny logo on the controller, pretty disappointed, I don't know what else I was expecting as I knew what day one meant, but come on, it's just on the controller, oh and an achievement, but again, just use the code and it's on your tag and y won't lose it.

This.

Any digital content downloaded under your gamerag can migrate to any other device you sign into with your gamertags.

There is a system to transfer licenses over.

This system will remove the license from the original xbox it was on though and you can only transfer licenses once every 6 months.

Yaris Hybrid
So far it is only has a 70% success rate at understanding my voice commands. I don't have a strong accent or anything either. When the voice commands work it feels amazing and going back to remote control just won't feel the same. But at the moment it just isn't reliable enough. Even simple commands like Xbox Go Home having to be repeated three or four times despite the room being quiet is just wrong especially as other times it works perfectly first time I say it.

That is what I don't get, it is so inconsistent. How can it understand it perfectly one minute and then take four attempts the next? As I say I do this with sound muted just to rule out my voice being masked by TV/movies.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've had really good feedback from voice control and kinect so far, well impressed. Just speak clearly lol!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Try setting it up again, maybe it didn't work right the first time, mine seems to work every time, and that's without muting anything too

Lancia Integrale
Anyone with Forza special edition get there VIP car pack? mine downloaded but can't see any cars in my garage :(

Just in case anyone is using BT inifinity there is an issue where they will block certain web content unless you go into the browser and turn off parental controls. If you don't do this it may block updates to tiles and game previews.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Just spent an hour with my pals.

Fifa Impressed me. The Crowd looks awesome, it seemed alot smoother than the 360 one.

Forza however, I dont think looked much (if at all?) better than Forza 4. It could be his TV I dont know. But it looked washed out and the textures on shadows looked rough?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just finished the first level of bf4. I'm genuinely amazed by it. Soooo good.

not sure what effect it has but in the display settings for the console I upped the amount of colour per pixel (36bits) and changed the colour space to PC (rgb full)

I changed mine to 30bits. Why did you change to PC? Are you displaying on a TV or a monitor?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Maybe by upping your settings is what's causing BF to crash out scutch? Going to be playing mine in a bit so I'll let you know if I get the same.

Im im a little confused by the game installs at the moment. So forza said it needed a 6gb download, but was this all a download from the internet or from the disc? It tells you that costs might apply depending on your connection making you believe the update is from the internet, so then how much does it install from the disc, as the disc is definitely spinning during the 'install'.

Then BF is just over a gig, so is that an update or an install from the disc?

anyone know?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Maybe by upping your settings is what's causing BF to crash out scutch? Going to be playing mine in a bit so I'll let you know if I get the same.

Im im a little confused by the game installs at the moment. So forza said it needed a 6gb download, but was this all a download from the internet or from the disc? It tells you that costs might apply depending on your connection making you believe the update is from the internet, so then how much does it install from the disc, as the disc is definitely spinning during the 'install'.

Then BF is just over a gig, so is that an update or an install from the disc?

anyone know?

I'm sure it's an update mate. I recall it saying "This game requires an update" and it was 1100MB or something.

I upped my settings after the crashes, too.

Clio 1.2 16V
Well come home from work unpack, set up, try to load forza and its not taking the disc. Makes a horrible noise then just doesn't do anything guess iv got one with a shitty drive :mad:.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm sure it's an update mate. I recall it saying "This game requires an update" and it was 1100MB or something.

I upped my settings after the crashes, too.
Wtf were they adding to forza then for it to be 6gb!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well come home from work unpack, set up, try to load forza and its not taking the disc. Makes a horrible noise then just doesn't do anything guess iv got one with a s**tty drive :mad:.
That is a shame, you're not alone though, and this time next week there'll be a load of ps4 owners with the same letdown I think.

Clio 1.2 16V
It's a shame really, really happy with everything else! Contact Microsoft and replacement console I guess.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm wondering what the fault with the drives is and what the potential is of it occurring eventually with all of them.

Fiesta ST-2
Well come home from work unpack, set up, try to load forza and its not taking the disc. Makes a horrible noise then just doesn't do anything guess iv got one with a s**tty drive :mad:.

Welcome to the club mate!

So let me clear this up then, digital downloads are attached to the gamer tag and not the console? I.e, Fifa.

Clio 1.2 16V
I'm wondering what the fault with the drives is and what the potential is of it occurring eventually with all of them.

Sounds like a cog is getting stuck or not moving. f**king hate slot loading drives, one on my Wii went back after a year of having it.

Yeah Fifa is attached to the account, not the console.

Sorry to hear of the few with faulty units. Any idea on numbers? Bearing in mind it launched almost worldwide today, how does it compare to the OTT PS4 reviews we saw?

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Has anyone had any problems with game!?!
Tbh I'd rather have a buggered disc drive than not even getting my day one edition.......
Live got forza 5 and Ryse but no freakin console... Seem s I'm not alone after a google but has anyone here not had Thier order fulfilled?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Disc drives have been around for decades how have they not perfected them ffs. Technology is majorly s**t nowadays.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Im not seeing any verified purchases.

Are you being serious, look a bit harder as in both links with out scrolling down i see numerous Verified Purchases but of course they are all lies:rolleyes:

I Honestly hope the people having issues on here get a quick replacement/refund.. don't seem to be sold out just yet so may have some luck:)

Clio 1.2 16V
On the phone to them now, looks like they'll be sending me a new console 3-5 days and they'll take the broken one back. Not great but least its not a massive wait.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Made an Xbox One UPLOAD video of me playing Forza 5!!

First attempt! Not bad if I must say so myself!

Never edited my voice lol - this is more of a test video for later lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a code going around for £20 off xbox one games @ Currys, CURXBOXONE20, it works but dunno if they will honor it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
BF4 is very prone to crashes to desktop.

That needs addressed and sharpish.
I played it 3 hrs straight on both single player campaign and online and it didn't once do this.

I do have some questions about online though as I'm not a battlefield man.

How come there are two teams, yet i always seem to see green and blue guys on my side, the opposition are orange, i get that but why do i see two colours?

what does it mean when it says last man in squad, when there are clearly others on my side around?

I've only played team death match and domination so far, but also why can't i play capture the flag, it says i don't have the right DLC? Why do i need downloadable content, or is it waiting for an update to support it?

Im not sure i like the fact you can be killed the instant you respawn, in COD at least you get a chance to run away or defend yourself.

DCi
not played bf4 but it sounds like it hasnt changed.

blue is always friendly, orange is always enemy

i think when you join, on the loading screen it says automatically put me into a squad (or you can do it via pause menu) - a squad is a sub group of your team (when you are in a squad is when you go green) the idea is other people in your squad are spawn points, so if you have trekked across the map and youre the last guy alive in your squad, hide for a bit and let others spawn on you to save them a walk...