ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How much was that adapter? I'm still waiting on Amazon getting stock, as I pre-ordered at £19.99.

AK

M240i
Yours does this anyway.

However the problem started when I went into party chat with a friend who owned the same headphones. The audio quality was horrific with horrendous cackling noise every time we spoke. Both of us experienced it. To resolve the problem we had to move the mic into an upright position (as if you weren't using it) and increase the chat volume so we could hear each other. Even with that the cackling was still present but not as bad. I guess it depends what headset you have but I would not recommend buying this if you plan to use it with a set of X12s.

Kawasaki ER6N
Adapter will work with any headsets using a 3.5mm jack iirc.

I purchased the xbox stereo headset a few days ago as my old turtle beach was dying and I am impressed with the sound quality so far.

Adapter £20 or buy a headset and the adapter for £60

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I purchased the Polk 4 Shot headphones yesterday, currently awaiting delivery.

They've not had the best reviews due to mic problems but Polk have recognized the problem, are sending out a mic pro free of charge and are working with MS I'm a flashable solution.

Will update the thread as soon as they arrive :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Does this adapter allow you to use Turtle beach headsets?

Yes. I am using it perfectly fine with my Turtle Beach X41's.

Adapter will work with any headsets using a 3.5mm jack iirc.

I purchased the xbox stereo headset a few days ago as my old turtle beach was dying and I am impressed with the sound quality so far.

Adapter £20 or buy a headset and the adapter for £60

The adapter comes with a 3.5 to 2.5 converter. Can use either :)

Edit: just so you know it ALSO comes with the USB cable required to update your controller.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Did you guys see the DirectX 12 stuff today? It includes Xbox One and looks to be damn impressive!!! Performance boost!

Honda. Tesla Someday

This is a good read about DX12:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/archive/2014/03/20/directx-12.aspx

A short article about DX12 in relation to the Xbox One:
http://gamingbolt.com/dx-12-will-improve-xbox-one-gamess-performance-reduces-cpu-utilization-by-50

Article about developing games on DX Windows and porting to Xbox One. Apparently if you develop a game on Windows, you can easily port to Xbox One within a day!
http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/20/xbo...games-easily-onto-the-console-says-microsoft/

Looks promising! I watched the live blog when it started and people got quite excited with all this.

Revels Mum & Sister
A mate picked up a Pair of TB XO Sevens. VERY impressive. Might pick myself up a set next week when I get paid. Will stop the bird moaning about the noise all the time when I am smashing people up in Titanfall.

clio 16v
Anyone having problems with a disc read error following the last update?

Wishing I hadn't registered for priority updates now

Nippy white cup
Yep its a known issue...also when I say 'xbox off' it works but then it wouldn't pick me up saying saying yes or no lol

Chris

clio 16v
Yep its a known issue...also when I say 'xbox off' it works but then it wouldn't pick me up saying saying yes or no lol

Chris

That's what the guys at Microsoft support are saying. Some of the words on my home screen are also in Polish lol.

Spent all morning back and forward between Tesco and Microsoft, because the b******s were trying to fob me off with a recon console.

Finally spoke to a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about and advised that it should be sorted with the next update/

AK

M240i
Switching it off and on fixes it, until you change discs again.

Thankfully all mine are downloaded so doesn't affect me.

clio 16v
Switching it off and on fixes it, until you change discs again.

Thankfully all mine are downloaded so doesn't affect me.

This is exactly the issue I'm having. Power the system up 1st inserted game plays fine but as soon as I put in a different game I get the error. Restart system and repeat.

Where have you been hearing about other people with the same issue? Friends or online forums etc?

Revels Mum & Sister
I am having the 'Yes' issue, also the weird characters issue. Also as my headset isn't currently working as I rage smashed it I use Kinect for Party chat. No one can hear what I am saying. Only happened since the 'Update'

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
In terms of ear phones, is there an adapter I can buy that I can plug into my controller, and use my regular ear phones (Dr Dre Beat Mixr's) and hear the TV etc through these? no outside volume? Would it work for netflix via the ONE, or dos what I want not exist.

OBviously I know my Dre Beat's dont have a mic, but I dont go online so