ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

6/468 17poo
Im looking at buying an xbox one, and currently use my 360 for sky app alot, can someone confirm that there is (as of yet) no sky player app on the One?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Im looking at buying an xbox one, and currently use my 360 for sky app alot, can someone confirm that there is (as of yet) no sky player app on the One?

There isn't, release date is yet to be decided but rumours are suggesting summer.

1.8 Civic EX
Cheers, I'll take a look.

anyone know how to change the name when it signs you in and says "Hi ******" ?

mines all in lowercase and it annoys me lol, want a capital for the first letter.

Polo + Micra
anyone had problems connecting via wireless to a netgear router (a r6300)?

no matter what i try it will not connect on either 2.4 or 5 Ghz or on an guest network from the router.

it connected first time to my virgin HS :S

Kawasaki ER6N
Mine has stopped reading discs now so waiting for game to open so I can call them. Anyone else had disc drive issues?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Whats the deal with buying one of these used?

Do you just get a years manufacturer warranty from the date it was originally sold?

I've seen one for sale at a cash converters for £345 with their own 60 day Warranty.

AK

M240i
Whats the deal with buying one of these used?

Do you just get a years manufacturer warranty from the date it was originally sold?

I've seen one for sale at a cash converters for £345 with their own 60 day Warranty.

Who gives a?

Get it bought wee man :cool:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Just bought one from game with BF and 12 month live for £450 with some money I had on my game card. Be on soon babe.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Alsooooo, i have it on instant start mode, does that mean when i turn it off i have to have the thing glowing away all night and that low humming noise?

Or will the humming stop once its cooled down?

#xbonenoob

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Alsooooo, i have it on instant start mode, does that mean when i turn it off i have to have the thing glowing away all night and that low humming noise?

Or will the humming stop once its cooled down?

#xbonenoob
+1. I got one over the weekend and have just noticed the noise. After a quick search it seems as though not everyone has the same issue.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Ah it's just if you have it on quick start mate.

I've turned it off quick start and it's all good.

TBH even with quick start you have to turn your controller on so you may as well just have it on power save.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
This bloody Blu ray player sync issue is starting to piss me right off. Sometimes its bearable, other times it's damn right stupid!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Microsoft bought all the rights to the Gears of War IP from Epic Games.

Gears of War now in development with Black Tusk Studios - a newly formed first party Microsoft Games studio!

Studio is being headed by Rod Furgusson - hes worked on the other Gears of War games and also the latest Bioshock.

High hopes for this one!!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Am I right in thinking that you can't play videos/audio from a USB?! The main reason I had an Xbox 360 was to play videos from my USB, so if I've bought the One and it can't it's pretty much useless to me -.-

Mito Sportiva 135
One also has continuing problems with audio/visual sync in BR playback...considering it is designed as an all in one media box that's not exactly great.

Also all but confirmed that a host of new One variants will be released including a disc-free version, a 1TB version and, possibly, a Kinect 2.0 free version.

1.8 Civic EX
I've still not tried the BR playback on mine yet, just used my standalone br player. Will have to give it a go at somepoint to see if I get any of the sync issues too.

There has been chatter about various new versions for the last couple of months, all those you have mentioned plus a Titan Fall Ltd Edition and the opion of getting them in white too.

IMO the disc free one willl only do well if they drop the price of the download games (which has been rumoured already), plus they also need to give you some way of finding out how much disc space you have used/left to use. I don;t see why anyone would get one without the Kinect sensor though, I find it rather usefull and contributes to it being "next-gen".

Mito Sportiva 135
I've still not tried the BR playback on mine yet, just used my standalone br player. Will have to give it a go at somepoint to see if I get any of the sync issues too.

There has been chatter about various new versions for the last couple of months, all those you have mentioned plus a Titan Fall Ltd Edition and the opion of getting them in white too.

IMO the disc free one willl only do well if they drop the price of the download games (which has been rumoured already), plus they also need to give you some way of finding out how much disc space you have used/left to use. I don;t see why anyone would get one without the Kinect sensor though, I find it rather usefull and contributes to it being "next-gen".

Do you use Kinect for gaming or for menu interface though?

Downloads are the future but only if the prices come down massively. Also no second hand market would be a kick in the teeth for a lot of gaming shops - I'd be sad to see them close if this happened.

1.8 Civic EX
Gaming and Menu, almost every day at the moment because I'm challenging a freind on Xbox Fitness. Admittedly if it wasn't for Xbox Fitness I wouldn't be using it quite so much, but thats more due to the lack of games currenlty more than it's use's/functionality letting it down. I was a big fan of the kinect on the 360 though, had several games that used it which provided much entertainment, especially when friends were round etc.

Agree'd regards the downloads, it is the way forward but a lot of things will need to improve before it realy takes off imo.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Another gripe...when I stay at my Missus' I used to bring my 360 round sometimes to watch Netflix. I'd put the Xbox on the other side of the wall (in the next room) where the cabinet was for the systems - I could easily use my controller from the next room.

I brought my Xbox One to hers last night and plugged it in. I can't get any signal for the controller whatsoever through the wall, so it's useless in her house.

With the update scheduled (mentioned above), all I care about is being able to play video and music via USB.