ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Forza 7 does look epic.

f**k might have to get this new console probably means a TV upgrade too :anguished:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait for Metro! A really great series.

Don't get me wrong Forza 7 also looks incredible, but sometimes I just feel they're games are just technical showpieces.

Forza 6 bored me to tears with it's clinical approach as did the previous titles.

I really fancy an Xbox X, but I don't currently have a 4K TV and I'm pretty sure if I didn't get one also the extra performance would be wasted.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I really fancy an Xbox X, but I don't currently have a 4K TV and I'm pretty sure if I didn't get one also the extra performance would be wasted.
No - it won't be wasted mate. The system uses DSR and can utilise a whole heap of improved rendering methods to improve the quality of what's shown on screen. Even a 1080p TV will show nicely improved visuals thanks to down-sampling from a higher quality internal render buffer.

Plus, you get a good quality 4K UHD blu-ray player for when you do upgrade to 4K :)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
$499. So I assume that means we will be paying at least £450 for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Think we'll keep the S and Switch and buy a Pro after the, alleged, price drop.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch not cheap then although was expected I guess.

One thing I am confused about is I'm guessing games like Forza 7 will be on the normal Xbox one too or am I wrong?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I am confused about is I'm guessing games like Forza 7 will be on the normal Xbox one too or am I wrong?
Correct - the game will be released for all Xbox One platforms whether it be original, S or the new X (and many on Windows 10 PC as well). The X version will obviously benefit from the improved performance.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Early rumours / grapevine suggesting multiple options available at launch ranging from circa £419.99 for the 'basic' console upto (and over) £500 for games bundles. Disclaimer... unconfirmed :smile:
FFS... typo. That should have read £449.99. Again, unconfirmed... unless it's been announced officially somewhere else now the event is over.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Apparently its on the Xbox website at £449. Internet consensus puts the MS conference down as a big fail.

I have to agree, that from an exclusives POV, it was very very poor.

RS Clio 182
What the hell is going in with this 'half gen' of consoles - its all a mess imo. PS4 Pro outdated now already,and when PS5 comes out in a couple of years,this x box will be outdated - so will MS bring another one out?! This and the PS4 Pro were just made to take advantage of the 4K market....il wait for PS5 personally. So many great games coming out as it is,and the graphics are on a brilliant level already for the next couple of years,until everyone has a 4K tv in their room.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Having only bought a One S in November, I was a bit gutted to see this will be out this year, and my One S will be outdated already.

Only saw the first hour of the reveal. From what I've seen though, the rest of the games weren't spectacular though?

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Having only bought a One S in November, I was a bit gutted to see this will be out this year, and my One S will be outdated already.

Only saw the first hour of the reveal. From what I've seen though, the rest of the games weren't spectacular though?
Same boat as me, all friends had moved over to xbox One before me, got mine for my birthday, no chance of me 'upgrading' after less than a year!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf the Scorpio or X or whatever its called now was announced at the time of the S coming out. Personally I'm not so bothered about 4k etc and I'm happy with how Forza 6 Horizon 3 look so just going to get Forza 7 and upgrade console if I feel like its worth the extra money a few months after release seen as you only need to buy the one copy.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Backward compatibility with Original Xbox games had me screaming - that announcement was brilliant!!

You'll also be able to play system link with Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One hardware. Truly amazing engineering to make all that possible!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll be pre-ordering this week. Excited for the hardware, if not the games lineup. :neutral:
Forza 7 is a must buy for me. My Day One XBONE is getting a little creaky now!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, here's me thinking the games line-up was/is pretty good in terms of what we've had so far and what's coming in the next year or so! Gamers have never had so much choice really. Unless you're a Nintendo Wii / Wii-U / Switch die-hard :p ;)

SQ5
One thing I'm confused at is this

"It’s set to be an awesome end to 2017 for racing gamers, with Project Cars 2, F1 2017 and Gran Turismo Sport all set for release. FM7 joins the club, as it’ll hit shelves from 3 October for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. It’ll be released slightly later in the year for Xbox One X; the description of the E3 trailer says FM7 will launch on 7 November."

Does this mean if I buy Forza 7 for the One I then need to buy it again for the X a month later?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
One thing I'm confused at is this

Does this mean if I buy Forza 7 for the One I then need to buy it again for the X a month later?

There will just be 1 game but it will run on both systems however it will look significantly better on the one x.

Will be similar scenario to PC gaming where you have minimum spec vs powerful gaming PC

They have also said they are releasing free 4K updates for existing games.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I will be getting the one X on release day. I've got an original Day One Xbox One too so it's getting abit long in the tooth.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone watch Ubisofts E3? Best one so far imo.

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Skull and bones (Take note MS, thats how a pirate game should look and play)
  • Farcry 5
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
All look like must buys. An E3 thread might be better than cluttering up the Xbox one? Kinda sucks that Sony's conference isn't until 2am.