ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
you're such a fanboy!

anyway, i couldn't give a flying f**k about those features, who listens to mp3s on their games console?

I'll say it again, its a games console, it plays games, and as long as it does that well, then I'm happy, its also a bluray player, and it will do that well too.

The only reason people want DLNA is to stream illegally downloaded tv shows and films to it, there are other ways but i can see why sony don't want to add that feature again, it might get added post launch though. And i can't see you needing an external hard drive either, theres 500gb onboard, which can be upgraded to a bigger one if required anyway.

i really can't see what the problem is, most people want it to play games and blurays on, and arguably it might be the best at doing that, we'll have to see, but thats what I'm buying it for.

A lot of people use the PS for media content, which is obviously their choice. To not have the same functionality as the PS3 is a crazy move by Sony, irrespective of the fact it's "primarily" a games machine. Not only that, but EA Sports games include the ability to include your own custom music, effects and chants for their specific range of games - Fifa's custom chants database is huge and relies on MP3 playback.

Just smacks of what the f*ck, which is why there has been an almighty uproar about it with millions of complaints to Shuhei Yoshida:

twitteryospthanksforthioqh.jpg

TA5W5JB.png

It'll be sorted by launch or very shortly after IMO, but you are in a very small minority of people that aren't disappointed with this "backwards" step by Sony. I too couldn't care less and I'll still eventually buy the PS4 in a few months time, but even with that in mind I want both machines to be full of features and gadgetry even with the gaming aspect included. These are Next Generation consoles after all.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah I definitely wouldn't listen to MP3's.

I play games, watch Netflix and stream the odd movie on my consoles.

The only other thing I might do is once in a blue moon a mate will offer me a pirate DVD movie but I can't play that as I only have a PS3 at the moment which blocks them whereas my Xbox could play them but I sold it so I decline their offer. I never downloaded anything like that myself so I have no reason to play movie files.

To be honest I'd rather stream HD movies from the store or watch on Netflix. Ain't exactly expensive.

Music on a console though? You must be having a laugh. I'd put the music video on Youtube.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
you're such a fanboy!

anyway, i couldn't give a flying f**k about those features, who listens to mp3s on their games console?

I'll say it again, its a games console, it plays games, and as long as it does that well, then I'm happy, its also a bluray player, and it will do that well too.

The only reason people want DLNA is to stream illegally downloaded tv shows and films to it, there are other ways but i can see why sony don't want to add that feature again, it might get added post launch though. And i can't see you needing an external hard drive either, theres 500gb onboard, which can be upgraded to a bigger one if required anyway.

i really can't see what the problem is, most people want it to play games and blurays on, and arguably it might be the best at doing that, we'll have to see, but thats what I'm buying it for.

The irony is so strong lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
The irony is so strong lol.
Is it?

i own both consoles now and I've preordered both, so my allegiance lies with neither, I just enjoy the best of both gaming worlds.

although at the current rate of games being pushed back I'm considering cancelling both preorders and buying them in the spring when there's some decent games out. That way I can continue to play mp3s on my ps3 and gta V on my xbox.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The post came across as massively fanboy considering you had just called someone else a fanboy, yes. IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I haven't used my ps3 this year, only my xbox.

My my post was not fanboy, it was just my opinion that people are jumping on any negative at the moment with these consoles whether it matters or not.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I use my Xbox (and PS3 when I had it) for media streaming a lot more than I do for gaming.

A friend made a good point earlier when I brought this up, most TV's offer playback from an external HDD and have DNLA support so the issue isn't as big as first thought. Still, I like things like listening to my own music while playing games without losing the games own sound effects.

Honda. Tesla Someday
you're such a fanboy!

whoa whoa whoa!! Wtf?! Time of the month??! Calm down!!

I also have both a 360 and PS3 and have preordered the One as it's my preference but will eventually get the pS4 as well! I buy all systems!! Always have done! So take a chill pill mate! Jheeeez!!!

Don't shoot the messenger! All I did was post information that Sony officially revealed! I did not post any hate or lies!

People are simply annoyed as it's taking away expected features, especially DLNA, it's a big deal
to some people. I utilise these machines as media centres, it's one of their overall features as systems that provide content to your TV.

I am simply posting information. Not gossip or speculation or rumor. Please grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child!

Anyone ordered the X1, but considering the PS4 instead?

I'm torn, 60/40 favouring the X1, but the lower CoD and BF res concerns me.

I'm tempted to get both at launch just to compare at home, then sell one.

Polo + Micra
nope due to having massive hands i don't get on with the PS controller + there is a good chance that halo will not come out on the PS4

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

You can't go wrong with either console to be honest mate; the upscaling on the X1 works pretty well. There's not actually a massive difference once playing and engrossed in the game. If you are not getting both I would simply go for the one that is likely to have the more games you are interested in playing. My personal preference is for the X1 but I'll also be getting a PS4 because I'm also a fan of PlayStation. I expect the X1 will get used more though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Do not let the resolutions put you off mate, at all.

It's not the console that is restricting, it's the games developer. For example, re: COD Ghosts:

Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin has moved to explain the resolution difference between the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Call of Duty Ghosts.

Having said last week that the Xbox One version of the shooter will run natively at 720p, while the PS4 version will run at 1080p, Rubin told Eurogamer that the difference was due to resource allocation issues faced by Infinity Ward's engineers.

"There's stuff in the console's OS that interacts with the game," he explained. "So, for instance, voice chat is often supported by the hardware manufacturer rather than the software, and you're just using their channel. When that stuff is changing - because they're developing it on their side - and the resources they're using are changing - your, from a game design standpoint, challenge is with trying to make enough room for those resources to be used but at the same time use as much resources as possible.

"One of the greatest challenges the engineers have to deal with is memory management, or thread management. There are X number of threads in your CPUs. Where in those threads is the stuff that's Microsoft or Sony? Where does it fall? How does it work? We don't have the SDKs for those features yet, and then they come in and you go, okay, well it needs 3MB of RAM - oh, crap, we only allocated two! You can't just take a MB from anywhere. It's not like there's just tonnes of it just laying there. You have to pull it from something else. And now you have to balance that somewhere."

In the case of Ghosts, Rubin said: "There's no specific, oh, well, the VO chat on Xbox took up so much resources that we couldn't do 1080p native. There's no definitive one to one per se cause and effect. It's just an overall thing. We took each system individually and said, 'okay, let's make the best game for each system.'

"I think both look great. Some people might notice if they had them right next to each other. Some people might not. The Xbox One is 1080p output, it's just upscaled hardware wise. It was a late decision, too. That call wasn't made until a month ago."

Rubin also told Edge that it would be wrong to suggest Ghosts is confirmation that Xbox One is a weaker console than PS4.

"It's a much more complex answer - there's so much to it, it's a balancing act when you get into optimisation - we need more time with it all, basically," he said. "It could be years from now until we get to the point where we feel like we've maxed out what we can do on both platforms.

"We might get more resources back at one point. And that could make things change dramatically for the Xbox One, for instance. It's a long complicated road that will take years to develop, and I think at the end we'll have games looking very similar, usually, on both systems.

"This is the first game on the console and there's a lot for us to learn with the new hardware so it's a long-running process - you compare COD 2 to COD 4 it's a massive leap forward in graphical fidelity. So I think we expect the same thing on both platforms."

AK

M240i
nope due to having massive hands i don't get on with the PS controller + there is a good chance that halo will not come out on the PS4

Xbox one controller is amazing, so easy to hold. Rumble triggers are a bit strong, but there's probably a setting somewhere to change them.

1.8 Civic EX
Xbox one controller is amazing, so easy to hold. Rumble triggers are a bit strong, but there's probably a setting somewhere to change them.

It is 10% smaller than the current 360 contoller which I found quite noticeable but it's still massivley better than the PS4 one though. Agree about the rumble triggers, did seem a bit excessive. If it can be toned down then it will be a great little feature. I found it a little too distracting at first, I guess it will just be a case of get used to it.

When you played Forza 5 did you turn all the aids off and put sim steering on? I did and was all over the shop in the Mclaren, seriously twitchy but loved the feel of loosing control under heavy braking/wheels locking up without ABS etc (I've not played 4 other than the demo so don't know how it compares). Will take a fair bit of practice to master I think, but looking forward to it. :)

The guy on the xboxone stand was chatting to me for ages, and I think he may have converted a couple of my mates to it that are die-hard PS4 fans. The peeps on the Sony stand didn't even care if we were there or not, just held us in a queue without saying a word other than when we could go and try one of the machines (which then broke lol).

Citroen DS3 DSport
I cancelled my PS4 pre order last weekend and decided to stick with my Xbox One Day One Edition with Forza, can't wait.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Do not let the resolutions put you off mate, at all.

It's not the console that is restricting, it's the games developer. For example, re: COD Ghosts:
It's funny, because I read that as the ps4 version is better, it's easier to develop for this time around, at this point in time, and in time, possibly years we will or may be able to utilise the xbox resources fully. It's not the developers fault though, it's the consoles, there's always been a memory issue with the xbox, it was all hearsay, but the game specs are now proof that this was the case.

its a statement to not piss of Ms or Ms customers too.

the tables have just turned really from the last consoles launches.

I still haven't decided whether I am buying one or the other or both really. I doubt the majority of people would even notice a difference is the real debate. Same as when gtav came out and the xbox version is better. If the game is good enough then nobody will care.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just pre-paid for my XBoxOne with Shopto this morning (XBO with BF4, Fifa 14 and XBL membership bonus)

£490 gone.

It's not just about the one console being more powerful than the other David, as you know. Of course, it would be nice, but there are so many other factors - the social arena is my main reason. Most of my friends are on XB360, and are seeing the XBO as a natural progression. I have a 360 and a PS3 but use the 360 primarily for gaming with friends whereas the PS3 is for media.

Now the XBO has everything I need. If I can have as much fun on the XBO online and offline as I have with the 360 for the last x number of years, then I'll be very happy.

I'll still get a PS4 but not on launch.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Yeah the main swinger for me and probably most is online, all my pals online and IRL use XBL so I'll stick for that.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure all the same s**t was said about ps3 and how it was much more powerful and higher spec than xbox 360 yet the xbox still turned out to be the much better games console.

I'm probably not going to get one until after xmas now anyway, to skint :(.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've just pre-paid for my XBoxOne with Shopto this morning (XBO with BF4, Fifa 14 and XBL membership bonus)

£490 gone.

It's not just about the one console being more powerful than the other David, as you know. Of course, it would be nice, but there are so many other factors - the social arena is my main reason. Most of my friends are on XB360, and are seeing the XBO as a natural progression. I have a 360 and a PS3 but use the 360 primarily for gaming with friends whereas the PS3 is for media.

Now the XBO has everything I need. If I can have as much fun on the XBO online and offline as I have with the 360 for the last x number of years, then I'll be very happy.

I'll still get a PS4 but not on launch.
i play my xbox more too, but I'm going to have to buy both again to get all the games i want, which is an arse. But if the multi platform games are going to be better on the PS4 then thats the machine i'll be buying them on, now ps online is paid for too, the gap will be closing with online play. It'll just come down to which mates have which consoles, but then I'm more of a single player person anyway as i don't get a lot of time to play games so I'm lucky to make it through the single player campaign these days.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
i play my xbox more too, but I'm going to have to buy both again to get all the games i want, which is an arse. But if the multi platform games are going to be better on the PS4 then thats the machine i'll be buying them on, now ps online is paid for too, the gap will be closing with online play. It'll just come down to which mates have which consoles, but then I'm more of a single player person anyway as i don't get a lot of time to play games so I'm lucky to make it through the single player campaign these days.

Yeah I'll definitely get the PS4 too, but not on launch. Games series like Uncharted should be absolutely incredible on Next Gen. Hell, Skyrim was the surprise game for me on current gen, the scope and size of it was just crazy. Multiply that by 10 and in the next couple of years we should see some really brilliant stuff on both consoles.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah I'll definitely get the PS4 too, but not on launch. Games series like Uncharted should be absolutely incredible on Next Gen. Hell, Skyrim was the surprise game for me on current gen, the scope and size of it was just crazy. Multiply that by 10 and in the next couple of years we should see some really brilliant stuff on both consoles.
it impressed you more than GTA V?

I think i might do the same and just get a One, the only PS4 exclusive i wanted at launch was that racing game thats been put back until the spring anyway.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is there a list of Launch games yet? What are peoples 'Must haves'?
my must haves have been put back until the spring :(

watch dogs and that ps4 racing game, can never remember the name.

No doubt i'll get the new COD though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
it impressed you more than GTA V?

I think i might do the same and just get a One, the only PS4 exclusive i wanted at launch was that racing game thats been put back until the spring anyway.

GTA V was superb, but Skyrim shocked me with just how much content and detail it contained. I put well over 300 hours into that game. That was clearly £30 - £40 well spent. Same with BF:BC2 and BF3. If you put the hours in, the price is worth it - unless of course you aren't enjoying the experience, in which case, stop playing! ;)

The racing/sim game for PS4 did look very good yes. I have no problem with them delaying games because it's obviously for the greater good. Watchdogs was another I was really looking forward to.