ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Whats in the link? s**tty sonic wall at work means I can't see what it says.

Erm, XBox One day one requires a 10-20 minute update patch.

No biggie, but some people are kicking up a fuss for no reason because it shouldn't require a patch at all. Doesn't bother me, lots of games require an update on day one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Wow, that is seriously geeky, possibly the most geekiest thing I've ever read on the internet.

This is comment made me laugh though

They should change the name of the article to - "How to disguise XBox One's weaknesses against Playstation 4 in one million paragraphs."

Only ~6 weeks to go.

Although I'm looking forward to the new console, none of my mates have pre-ordered it. I thought I was leading the pack, apparently not.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
^^^ Same here my mate hasn't ordered one although he was a couple of months after me on the 360 all those years ago!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Having just watched the Fifa 14 Eurogamer Expo video I can't wait for the next gen version. Looks superb.

That and BF4 on launch.

Oh yes.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'd say zero chance, they'd literally be shot. As it's going to be a courier delivery, it will be next day, so they don't have to send early to guarantee you get it on release day with the usual Royal Mail 1-2 day delivery time for first class etc.

Fiesta ST-2
Asda took the money from me the other day, guaranteed for day one delivery :D

Hopefully my watch dogs will come on the same day too.

Skoda Fabia vRS
wish they would release another bundle, im not paying £429 for just the console now that they have given away Fifa or Forza, but both those bundles are sold out everywhere

Should have bought it earlier then ;)

I'm wondering if Tesco will deliver on the day or not, it was hard to say from the site - not too fussed either way, but being released on a Friday means I doubt it'll come on the Saturday, so it'll be a good few days after :(

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
do people think shopto will ship early or will we get them on release day.

any links to the fifa 14 video scutch?

Here's quite an interesting little video on Next Gen Fifa 14:

It's a shame the guy doing the talking is really poor, but the footage they show is exciting at times - especially the Falcao pieces and new camera angles etc (these are from 20 minutes on but there is plenty of footage throughout the video if you don't want to sit and listen for 40 minutes).

As an example, skip to 25:40 and play through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just received my pre order mail from shopto.

ja8emase.jpg

Skoda Fabia vRS
ShopTo had a few Forza bundles the other day but I missed out again by dithering about it, dont really know what game id want, nothing jumps out at me, now Titanfall looks amazing but its not out until next year

Skoda Fabia vRS
hmmm they are back for sale :)

cant decide what other game to get though, not much jumps out at me, Ryse looks good but doesnt look like it will actually be any good to play, just loads of little videos on every battle, ive never played Assassins Creed so dont know if thats any good, of course their is COD and BF hmmmmmmm

So I've been reading up a bit, from a guy called CBOAT (if you've been reading up you'll also know of him).

He's put some worrying issues to light, mainly the one that most (apart from Forza) games won't be 1080p, and will 720p upscaled still :(.

Apparently the tables have turned as well, with the PS4 (aside from rumours of it being 40% quicker) is much easier to develop on and so most of the games will be 1080p on that. Pretty disappointing to be honest, actually tempted to cancel my preorder.

Anyone been reading up, what are your thoughts? Good info about it here: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168630-xbox-one-graphics-output-in-900p-worse-than-ps4s-1080p

Mito Sportiva 135
I've learnt from previous consoles - wait until both are out and have been tested before deciding. In previous gens there's been very little difference because it's the software which counts really, the 360 is less powerful than the PS3 yet most the multi format games looked and performed better on that

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So I've been reading up a bit, from a guy called CBOAT (if you've been reading up you'll also know of him).

He's put some worrying issues to light, mainly the one that most (apart from Forza) games won't be 1080p, and will 720p upscaled still :(.

Apparently the tables have turned as well, with the PS4 (aside from rumours of it being 40% quicker) is much easier to develop on and so most of the games will be 1080p on that. Pretty disappointing to be honest, actually tempted to cancel my preorder.

Anyone been reading up, what are your thoughts? Good info about it here: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/168630-xbox-one-graphics-output-in-900p-worse-than-ps4s-1080p

Meh.

It's no different than any console release. Go back and play an early xbox 360 or ps3 game now - most look a generation behind!

Developers catch on pretty quickly but early 3rd party releases always tend to be a bit behind. anyhoo I could think of worst things than a high polycount 60fps 720p game. Half of casual gamers wouldn't even tell the difference with the tv's they have and viewing distances.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Plus CBOAT = crazy buttocks on a boat.... a trustworthy name if ever I head one ;)

Plus CBOAT = crazy buttocks on a boat.... a trustworthy name if ever I head one ;)

boat spelt with a t? :p

Meh.

It's no different than any console release. Go back and play an early xbox 360 or ps3 game now - most look a generation behind!

Developers catch on pretty quickly but early 3rd party releases always tend to be a bit behind. anyhoo I could think of worst things than a high polycount 60fps 720p game. Half of casual gamers wouldn't even tell the difference with the tv's they have and viewing distances.

And while I'd agree, it's PC hardware now, and they develop on PC's, for PC architecture, so now-a-days there really is very little optimization that's needed specifically for the hardware.

Either way that's my view, and my preorder is cancelled for now, I'll probably pick one up after the dust settles.

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah - he got off the train and jumped on a boat - he likes to travel ;)