ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

dk

911 GTS Cab
Well, I got 'the' call from game this morning, asking me to come into store and choose my kit and guarantee a console.

so I questioned this as I was sure I was already guaranteed a console and I am, they just want to get you into store to buy extra stuff. I even confirmed that I actually don't have to pay for it before launch, although they'd prefer me to, to make launch night easier.....

there is an opportunity to swap from the shitty FIFA pack to the forza one though, so I'll pop in to do that, they wanted me to make an appointment, an appointment, to choose my console, really????

I reckon it's a cash flow thing and they are scared or people who have preordered getting to launch day and not bothering too, oh and the opportunity to upsell people to more stuff they don't need.

Polo + Micra
i've got a 12 month live membership card will i be able to use this on the xbox one? or do i need to add it to my 360 account and transfer the account to the one

Polo + Micra
ahh right it's just that they have gone to monetary cards now so not sure if they would work.

Fiesta ST-2
So does our gamer tag just transfer over to the xbox one then? All our gamer scores/achievements etc? Wouldn't mind changing my name as it's 6 years out of date but I can't justify spending money to do so.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
So does our gamer tag just transfer over to the xbox one then? All our gamer scores/achievements etc? Wouldn't mind changing my name as it's 6 years out of date but I can't justify spending money to do so.

Yep, straight over.

They won't be offering a change of name for free, it's still MS remember

Ph 1 172
Sweet just wondering as I pre order mine with my local Sainsburys paying £387 for mine, think I'm also going to get forza 5 and dead rising 3 so that's another £80 lol

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
Can't wait to get mine. Pre ordered a day one back in September. FIFA comes with all day one editions free as a download game. Getting ghosts, battlefield and forza 5 :D And FIFA although I don't really like it I'll take it for free.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm not sure FIFA is free with all XBO's. I know it was included as a digital download but I'd double check because if you are expecting it to be in the package you may end up disappointed.

none :(
Ive got fifa as a digital download, also ordered forza and nfs rivals, was tempted to get DR3 but i just couldnt get into the last 2.

Looking forward to a few future games - watch dogs, ufc, the evil within

1.8 Civic EX
I thought it was a Digital Download with all Day One's?

Should be, but I thought they cancelled it after a few weeks for new orders. Just need to go on a site like Shopto or Game and check I guess.

Just because you have pre ordered and are getting a console on release day (day one) doesn't actually mean you are getting a "Day One Edition" of the console. It's the Day One Editions that are getting the games (either Fifa or Forza) from what I understand, along with a "memorial" controller (has Day One written on it) and an exclusive Day One Achievement woop!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This is what I've got:

110x110.png

£489.85
RRP: £599.98
Xbox One Day One Edition Console + Battlefield 4 + L.15 Xbox Live

Platform:
XBOX ONE

Release:
Nov 22, 2013

Ordered:
Aug 21, 2013

Delivery:
FREE - DPD Next Business Day

Use any available points towards this purchase?(option unavailable if pre-paying):

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL! :dapprove:

Oh, and to add, it is Day One consoles that get Fifa free. The ones for pre-order now don't.

Revels Mum & Sister
Just because you have pre ordered and are getting a console on release day (day one) doesn't actually mean you are getting a "Day One Edition" of the console. It's the Day One Editions that are getting the games (either Fifa or Forza) from what I understand, along with a "memorial" controller (has Day One written on it) and an exclusive Day One Achievement woop!

Sorry that is what I mean by Day One as in 'Day One Edition'

Revels Mum & Sister
I see also a few in the US are out in the wild. Target Pre Order system has sent some out lol. Chap on Twitter put a load of Videos up, but can no longer login to Live.

1.8 Civic EX
I see also a few in the US are out in the wild. Target Pre Order system has sent some out lol. Chap on Twitter put a load of Videos up, but can no longer login to Live.

I was reading an article about that yesterday. Those that were switched on/connected have been banned from Xbox Live. One also put thiers up for sale on Ebay with a buy-it-now of $10,000 but it got pulled lol

Confirmed various things about the console though, 500mb initial update/install. The whole "play games while they download" only works once you have downloaded at least 50% of the game, does not have 3D Blu ray support (but it might at a later date after an update). COD Ghosts - 39GB, Forza5 - 31GB, FIFA - 8GB. And the best fact of all, it aparently takes 17secs for the console to boot up, because that is abviously realy important for everyone to know. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
He has not been banned per se. Just reststricted until closer to the date. I think that Major Nelson bloke is sorting it out for him so he can get on early.

Bit of a shame about the 3D support. Assumed it would be there out the box :(

Audi TT 225 Quattro
a saw a vid on shop to yesterday of one being turned on etc .... found it rather funny when it came up with the Banned bit but apparently it will be getting lifted in the next couple of days and the fella has been invited to the 720's launch night so not all bad:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Does anyone know if the day one FIFA will be via code or registered digitally on the console, only asking as I wouldn't mind getting shot of it as I will never play it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
popping into game tomorrow to sort mine out, hoping to swap to the forza edition, not that I'm really bothered about that either, but its better than fifa.

dk

911 GTS Cab
AFAIK, all the consoles on day one are day one editions, anyone who has preordered a non-day one edition as you say won't get fifa, but also won't get it on day one, but before christmas is what they are now saying.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Been into game, switched to the forza day one edition, which apparently is actually a day one solo console with a day one edition of forza bundled, but isn't the single box offering like the fifa one, although the fifa is just a code download anyway.

I believe the solo console is the newer version and is superior to the fifa edition which will likely melt within 6 months of launch, probably by an update to turn up the performance to try and match the ps4, but they've added some extra ram to the solo console as they were manufactured after the fifa editions when they did the second run.

I went with battlefield 4 as the reports on COD aren't great, and then a play and charge kit.

The tried to get me to pay for it too, i said no thanks, she said is it because you're afraid the same is going to happen like with blockbuster, i did laugh and reminded her that they've also been in administration once....... I bet this pre-payment is to help their cash-flow as they will have had to have ordered the consoles up front to get their allocation, and i believe they've received the stock, and so will have been invoiced for them, and so they desperately need the money to get cash into the business.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
FFS that's the first thing that's annoyed me - I expected 3d support straight away - why would you not?!

Ph 1 172
Yeah to be honest of all the announcements the lack of 3d support is the one thing that's annoyed me I didn't even care that you had to sign in every 24 hours. Are games playable in 3d

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I believe the solo console is the newer version and is superior to the fifa edition which will likely melt within 6 months of launch, probably by an update to turn up the performance to try and match the ps4, but they've added some extra ram to the solo console as they were manufactured after the fifa editions when they did the second run.

FLOL

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

Who told you that!?

I can't imagine this to be the case, if it was true and went viral then Microsoft runs the risk of everyone cancelling their pre-orders - Xbox One launch would be a disaster.