ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The sleepers appreciation thread

16valver50...yus indeed i do my bad:)

ian 182...nope still FWD but yus the biggest slicks youll ever see;)

another proper sleeper
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2933484
2933484_20_full.jpg

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The original conversion i did ( 1.2 grande clio with 2.0 16v engine and 75 bhp Nitrous with progressive controller )

In summer 2004 a white EVO 6 pulls up behind me at a set of lights ( preston new rd near the old moat house hotel ) i had seen the car around and he knew me........ I switched the progressive controller on to come on full power - 75 hp jet gradually over 3.0 seconds. I turned both bottles on and waited for the lights to turn green with the hand brake on, clutch engaged in 1st gear and revving at 2000 rpm. The amber light goes - the handbrakes off and the acc pedal is practically pushed through the bulhead, the semi road legal slicks grip and the gas kicks in. The EVO is left for dead and i mean total humiliation. I hit just over 100 mph before the next set of lights and the EVO was a good 10 cars behind and the gap was increasing - he followed me for about 3 miles at a sensible speed and pulls up outside my house scratching his head whilst his mates were taking the pi55 out of him - his car was standard but he still couldnt believe a little orange clio had beat him - Amen

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^^^ nice sleeper!
the guys face would have been a picture!

Fiesta RS Turbo & Pug 206
now that is the definition of a sleeper , have u got any 1/4 times in it or 0-60

Clio 197
Another punto (Anyone noticing my trend:))

Spec
Engine:
2litre 16v coupe turbo lump
Custom engine mounts
Custom drive shafts
Forged pistons
Custom gapped rings
Balanced rods
Balanced crank
Lightened and balanced fly wheel
Flexi honed bored
Hi performance wire ring head gasket
3 angle valve seat head
Columbo and baraini camshafts
Balancing shafts disconnected
Tubular manifold with full race spec ceramic coating
External wastegate
Garrett t04e hybrid turbo with 360 thrust bearings
2.5 inch custom zorst
3 bar map sensor
911 turbo fuel pump
DTA pro 8 ECU
Integrale inlet manifold
Siemans 60 injectors
Massive custom FMIC
Collins DV
Techniclutch clutch

Wheels/Tires:

Lancia integrale 16@ alloys
Goodyear gsd-3 tyres

Brakes:

Brembo 4 pots 310mm discs

Suspension:

LEDA coilovers on front
Spax springs on rear
Eibach front and rear anit roll bars (rear not yet fitted)

Exterior:

Front bumper cut to fit FMIC

Interior:

Full GT3 leather
Hiego rear roll cage
Twin pillar gauge pod
Custom heater vent

2ltr1.gif

2ltr2.gif

2ltr4.gif

2ltr6.gif

2ltr7.gif

2ltr8.gif

330bhp @16psi

what a car, my mate is a big punto fan, been on the puntosportsclub for years, since moved on to a 20vt coupe. Used to show me numerous vids of this monster, awesome car!

Been in this and its fast a fook, it was a lad called greg that built it himself and it was so fast it used to trist the roll cage in it.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
now that is the definition of a sleeper , have u got any 1/4 times in it or 0-60

13.5 @ 106 was best time. Blew quite a few lumps hence thats why i stripped the engine out and converted it to an Audi 1.8T engine ( see Clio TT ) for more power and reliability

MERCEDES CLS AMG
video 2 ( jeremy townsend from renault doing commentry )

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/championships/worldseries/videos/

£3200 :( ...... i lost interest in it. Quite a well known car on the drag scene.

One major reason was it was very unstable and it got to a point were i knew i was gonna die in it as i would not let of the acc pedal when it lost control - i just kept it planted and steered out of it. The torque steer was ridiculous and it had a habit of violently pulling to the left at high speed through fast gear changes.

IMG_1242.jpg

Imgp0766.jpg

power.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

Last edited:
  BG 182
just read this thread from start to finish its wicked Mattblack/NND that clio is amazing was it the nos that detroyed the lumps?

need more sleepers.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
It was the gas yes, but to be honest the engine hadnt been set up properly to take gas. It was my second Nitrous powered car and i was inexperienced with the stuff. I fitted a digimax progressive controller to safely inject the gas in over a short period of time as a 75 jet would cause major damage being thrown in at one go. It really needed a piggyback ECU with a map for the gas

To be honest the 1st engine lasted 6 months ( including a 2000 mile round trip to the south of france and spain in 2005 on a cliosport holiday ) the second engine lasted about 3 months.

The problem with Nitrous is you have so much fun with the stuff you want to use it all the time

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
In no way a sleeper but........ My Nitrous V6 with 100 jets back in 2002 ( you can just see two 5 pound bottles behind the back seats ) . Ran a best of 13.4 @ 107 mph which wasnt much faster than the orange sleeper. I blew the V6 engine as well :D but got that covered under warranty.

I have some vids at home but never get time to download them

MattsClio004.jpg