ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone interested in a year and a bit old 27" 2560x1440 144Hz IPS monitor? This one:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-...l-2560x1440-4ms-100m1-hdmi-dp-usb-2x-speakers

real pic:

33035358122_325cd5578a_b.jpg

Have ordered its replacement for delivery tomorrow so this is now surplus. Looking for £400 though open to sensible offers.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
^ Talking of monitors... it looks like the new proper Ultra HD HDR (1000 nits) nVidia GSync 144Hz monitors are starting to ship in the next month or so. The new 27" Acer Predator will cost you a cool 2 grand!!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
FFS. There was me thinking "it'll be stupid money, 1200 or something"

If I could actually enjoy videogames ATM and it was 32" (seriously, what's the point in UHD @ 27"???) I'd consider it. But no.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
^ Talking of monitors... it looks like the new proper Ultra HD HDR (1000 nits) nVidia GSync 144Hz monitors are starting to ship in the next month or so. The new 27" Acer Predator will cost you a cool 2 grand!!!
I'm glad I didn't bother to hold out and just got the 34" 100hz tbh

Evo 5 RS

Yeah I don't know who those are aimed at. Even internally some folks at the companies in question are in a state of lolwut.

Apparently, the difference is amazing when the game supports it fully. But 2k-2.5k for a 27" panel is nothing but laughable.

Oh, and I've heard NVIDIA controlled the price, btw. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So the replacement monitor came this morning. It’s frickin awesome (I think a couple of people in here have it also).

It’s the 34" ASUS PG348Q NVIDIA G-Sync, 100Hz Curved IPS Panel, 3440x1440 bad boy. Was waiting to see the price for the 4K HDR new monitors but the prices being so high meant I finally jumped on this one.

1440P (I think) is perfect in this size.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Not the best pic but you get the idea:

27370956117_303d92b571_b.jpg

Definitely has the PC working hard now. Played about 4 hours of Sea of Thieves on it late last night and it was belting out some serious heat. Ideally I'd like to go back to my 240mm CPU AIO but due to my current RAM modules being too tall I can't. May see if someone fancies a swap of their 3200MHz LPX modules for my RED LED 3200MHz modules.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Its an Ikea solid wood kitchen worktop with Ikea adjustable desk legs. It fits perfectly into the width of our room. Its fudging heavy.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That looks like 3 vertically aligned small monitors. Which I suppose is a credit to just how much screen real estate you've got....

Maybe I should give up on the 4K 16:9 option and fall in line, it looks awesome (In the pic)

Evo 5 RS
Both teams were shite I was just on fire for some reason lol. Regret not recording/streaming it as at one point I killed 8 people in the space of 20 seconds with the uber pistol lol

Evo 5 RS
BF1 is ace, teh weapon balancing is spot on. The only trouble is dying is frequent unless you gitgud :p

I have bad games, I've not played it in 3 months till Sunday lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I was always a HoN guy myself. Played that way too much, I don't think it was 5k hours, as I stopped playing years ago but the ratio of daylight to game hours was probably not far off.. good times

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
BF1 is ace, teh weapon balancing is spot on. The only trouble is dying is frequent unless you gitgud :p

I have bad games, I've not played it in 3 months till Sunday lol.

Very, very few games have ever made me rage-uninstall - this is one of them. Dying from behind hard cover (clearly demonstrated in the death cam) - rifles that have less accuracy than a shotgun at 200 yards. Bullshit shots (by me) on someone perched on a hillside far away with a bloody revolver. Teams that have zero logic in what's needed to take on a tank. Wonder Horses skipping and jumping across the battlefield with gay abandon - before their rider slices you in half from 50ft away. The list goes on.

Of course, that was ages ago. With the broken-fixed-broken-fix mentality that I seem to see with every big patch - that may have changed. But the whole online experience (clearly ignoring the really quite good - if short SP campaign) has put me off it completely. Did DICE ever get off their lazy arses and allow weapons selection through the mouse wheel like any sensible FPS (and their own previous FPS) games would allow? Given the fact that Star Wars BF2 defaults the secondary weapon to F2.... (F-wtf?-2???!) - I bet they haven't.

If I could get a £1.50 refund off Origin for this, I'd login and do it now.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I'll adhere to that. It is pretty much 360 degrees of bullshit lol. Sniping is super nice, though.

Well I'll be out for awhile anyway till the new cards hit as just sold my Ti lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of trading in my trusty steed were you? Thnk again :D.

30+ 5K easy.
No mate - more than happy with the two Predator setup ;) I was just looking for an excuse to buy in the new tech via my business (for work purposes) but certainly won't be at those prices. I've just dropped a chunk on a brand new 65" Samsung QLED TV and that is absolutely stunning, especially playing UHD / HDR content on it. I just thought it would be nice to do the same in the office on one of these new monitors rather than being restricted to sitting in front of the TV [for my HDR kicks].

I think I'm going to sod-off those monitors and spend it on the next nVidia GPU instead (thus saving much moolah!) :p

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Mid-August should bring news about nVidia's next GPU (mainstream). It aligns nicely with the now mass production of GDDR6 memory modules hence we may see a new GPU towards the end of the year? Early 2019? It's been a while.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Same as there usual business model, a chip that’s slightly faster but no big leaps forwards.

Evo 5 RS
Still taking some of Intels piece of the pie though.

Oh definitely, it's a viable alternative now which is more than AMD were ever offering 2 years ago. As an enthusiast platform, though, it's still behind. Just no where near as much as before.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So @Silent_Scone ... got your order in for Skylake XCC yet? 28 cores / 56 threads, hexa-channel memory. Aimed at 'desktop' users. I daresay X299 won't be able to support it hence a new platform and an incredibly steep price tag!