ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

I literally cannot express how immense eyefinity is. Dirt 3 is AMAZING. It's my first time using it, obviously but I'm excited as f**k.

Guys

Hey guys

Hey guys I've g

Hey guys I've got 3

Hey guys I've got 3 monitors

3 Monitors.

f**k yeah.

AFAIK these 21:9 IPS panels are not 120hz.

I roll 120 at the moment, but TBH it means little for games unless you're playing a five year old title.

I was looking back on Pg15 and I like older games anyway, Just really want a decent computer now. Mines getting outdated (yes I know its impossible to keep up to date PC stuff unless you're made of money lol)

F82 M4
AFAIK these 21:9 IPS panels are not 120hz.

I roll 120 at the moment, but TBH it means little for games unless you're playing a five year old title.

Well that's the thing mate, I play mainly Source based games and they all run well over 100fps so I see the benefit of it everytime.

Evo 5 RS
3d vision is awesome but I just couldnt be done with the crappy TN panel quality. They always get dead pixels, and I'm quite anal.

The DELL and the LG are both the same panel, theyre a 60hz IPS LG panel.

Evo 5 RS
Difficult to answer, best one I can come up with is not as good lol

27" 1080 = 82ppi 24" 1080 = 92ppi

Oh and 29"at 2560x1080 = 95.81ppi

Evo 5 RS
It's arrived. First impressions are good. Will obviously add a bit more as time goes on when using it but the extra dimensions make a lot of difference as you'd expect. Doesn't appear to be as bright as the ASUS PA248Q, but that is a farkin' good monitor so it's not surprising.

Quick shot of Tomb Raider fired up and running in native res.

oxqj.jpg

Evo 5 RS
A further 1,600 would be required including a 3rd GPU. Can't justify it for the little time it gets used, I only bought the one because I was bored lol. Had to buy the GF an iPad mini for semi justifience. You can hide GPU's you can't hide f*ck off monitors

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A further 1,600 would be required including a 3rd GPU. Can't justify it for the little time it gets used, I only bought the one because I was bored lol. Had to buy the GF an iPad mini for semi justifience. You can hide GPU's you can't hide f*ck off monitors

Lol. My m8's wife noticed that the BIOS POST screen was different and asked him if he'd upgraded the PC without her knowing? Ouch.....

D.

Evo 5 RS
Double LOLz!!!

Talking of GPU's mine went pop last night so I'm back to rocking... :eek: ... SLI'd nVidia 8800 GTX's. How things have moved on in the GPU world!!!!

Pop? Didnt happen to install the latest certified drivers did you Andy?

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No, Mike. After hearing/reading about the issues I have stuck with an older version for now. Mind you, it's not so bad when an 8800 GTX goes pop (or a 480)... but I'd be mega p*ssed if it took out my (well, your) Titans!

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, I had used them up until the complaints without too many issues although had a few driver stopped responding messages, and some weird corruption on XCOM so swiftly got rid. Back rocking 314.22 for now! Wouldn't be best pleased, no lol.

Evo 5 RS
1500w psu incoming also. With the overclock I'd likely see close to 1000w at the wall so 1200w whilst able is cutting it close to maximum efficiency.

Enermax Revo 1500w