ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If you're on Voda 4G is pointless for at least 12 months. 1,000,000%

Euge. Flying, I'd almost forgotten. Look forward to it you gem.

My £15 tariff includes 600 minutes (which is currently SERIOUSLY broken on my tariff as my voda app shows me having 1200 every month for no reason at all, lol!), unlimited texts and 500mb of internet I think. That covers me pretty comfortably.

I know what you mean on the 629 outlay though, it's a bit of a f**ker. I'll be selling my 5 for £310 or so, so should re-coop half, but £319 is a lot of money to throw at a phone.

I'm going to go check out the voda plans now.

Kayzee, I'd take yours back and get a better deal TBH, no offence intended.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you're Voda, I wouldn't even look at 4G yet, coverage will be TERRIBLE for at least 12 months, and I can tell you that with over 100% certainty. I'm building the network ffs.

Just the news I wanted to hear! I was tempted by a 4G contract with Voda as I can get 20% off but forgot I'm in a 12 month contract this time.

£10/month 500 mins and 2GB data so no better option than to buy a 32GB outright.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I was tempted by one of these.. Decided to wait till my contract ends next april.. Im in no rush...

White APE
Not much love for the C?

My GF conveniently smashed her lumina yesterday so just walked into EE and came out with a yellow C.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If you're on Voda 4G is pointless for at least 12 months. 1,000,000%

Euge. Flying, I'd almost forgotten. Look forward to it you gem.

My £15 tariff includes 600 minutes (which is currently SERIOUSLY broken on my tariff as my voda app shows me having 1200 every month for no reason at all, lol!), unlimited texts and 500mb of internet I think. That covers me pretty comfortably.

I know what you mean on the 629 outlay though, it's a bit of a f**ker. I'll be selling my 5 for £310 or so, so should re-coop half, but £319 is a lot of money to throw at a phone.

I'm going to go check out the voda plans now.

Kayzee, I'd take yours back and get a better deal TBH, no offence intended.

Don't get me wrong I know I'm paying out my arse for it. But find me a better deal... iPhone 5S 32Gb, 12 months contract (the most important thing) 8Gb of 4G data per month, unlimited calls and texts, home broadband included - £1,192.

Vodafone did look kinda tempting but as others have said the 4G isn't there yet.

Hardly anyone bought a 5c on launch day.

Apple Manchester Arndale opened at 8am:

- queues started at 6pm the previous day
- I got there at 5.45am
- 16gb gold was sold out by 6.10am
- all iPhone 5s' were sold out (except 64gb grey) by 6.40am

It was mainly people queue jumping and people paying to push in front of the line. Also, a lot of people got 2 so they sold out before the shop had even opened.

I'll not queue again as that pretty much ruined it - I ordered it online for October delivery. 32gb in gold.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Hardly anyone bought a 5c on launch day.

Apple Manchester Arndale opened at 8am:

- queues started at 6pm the previous day
- I got there at 5.45am
- 16gb gold was sold out by 6.10am
- all iPhone 5s' were sold out (except 64gb grey) by 6.40am

It was mainly people queue jumping and people paying to push in front of the line. Also, a lot of people got 2 so they sold out before the shop had even opened.

I'll not queue again as that pretty much ruined it - I ordered it online for October delivery. 32gb in gold.

Doubt that. 75% of people I have seen since last night and today (With iPhones) all had 5Cs.

The 5C was never gonna be a sell out. Its year old tech thats been in production for so long that there is always gonna be more supply than demand.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Remember also that pre-orders for the 5C have been open for a week meaning that anybody that wanted one would have pre-ordered and not had the need to queue.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The Mrs bought one of the Apple 5C covers. Looks and feels superb, though it is pink (To go with her blue phone).

I want one, just not sure what colour to go for. I'm swaying towards green though if I go for one. The phone just feels so good naked though.

Doubt that. 75% of people I have seen since last night and today (With iPhones) all had 5Cs.

The 5C was never gonna be a sell out. Its year old tech thats been in production for so long that there is always gonna be more supply than demand.
I meant in store, should have said.

I'll not be getting a case. I don't see the point - if I've just spend £629 on a phone I want to show that phone off! I usually take care of my stuff so don't plan on dropping it or anything. I'll be keeping it for ages too so doesn't matter about slight marks etc.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
How do you use 8gb of data? Tethering all day long?

Well the fact of the matter is that it was £100 more over a 12 month period to go from 500Mb to 8Gb... be silly not to really. And, yes I'm considering tethering on my Surface because 4G is actually faster than my home broadband!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I'll not be getting a case. I don't see the point - if I've just spend £629 on a phone I want to show that phone off! I usually take care of my stuff so don't plan on dropping it or anything. I'll be keeping it for ages too so doesn't matter about slight marks etc.

Can tou post some pics of your gold 5S? Only had a black one in town today. Want to see what it looks like in real pics :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Well the fact of the matter is that it was £100 more over a 12 month period to go from 500Mb to 8Gb... be silly not to really. And, yes I'm considering tethering on my Surface because 4G is actually faster than my home broadband!

I thought you had heavy data usage that was all bro. I struggle to hit 1gb a month :) my home bb is 2.5mb. Lol 3g is quicker!

Can tou post some pics of your gold 5S? Only had a black one in town today. Want to see what it looks like in real pics :)
No.

I queued but didn't get one, I left the queue at 7am as everything was sold out apart from the grey 64gb. I ended up ordering online for October delivery :dapprove: I should have ordered at midnight... I had my finger over 'check out' but chose not to. b*****d.

There are unboxing videos on Youtube that show off the gold colour well. It's a lot more subtle than the photos, you can hardly tell it's gold from silver. Very nice IMO.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I work in a oily, dusty environment with lots of tools so I think its best.. And nobody plans on damaging the phones do they :p

I work in a oily, dusty environment with lots of tools so I think its best.. And nobody plans on damaging the phones do they :p
No but some people take extra care than others ;)

Like people who lose their phones on nights out/in KFC/get them nicked etc. Just take care of it.

[video=youtube_share;pkd-1ai7COg]http://youtu.be/pkd-1ai7COg[/video]

YouTube has killed the quality for some reason.

White APE
Cant wait to practice this on monday night with the Mrs.

;)

Few crap pics of mine and the mrs C's

qu2yjegu.jpg

u7ube4a8.jpg

enezaguq.jpg

An orange one
Yellow 5C is mint!! Really like that, my wife's pink one looks orange at the moment in the living room.

cant believe how old my black / slate 5 looks :(

An orange one
Yellow 5C is mint!! Really like that, my wife's pink one looks orange at the moment in the living room.

cant believe how old my black / slate 5 looks :(