ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Too early? :tongueclosed:

What rumours have you heard? Losing the headphone jack is one, and all over (the screen) Touch ID... meaning they could get rid of or at least reduce the size of the home button.

Not sure what else they can do really, but hopefully it will look different, because there are just too many iPhone copies out there now!

Personally I'd like to see the camera bump go more than anything, but I doubt that's going to happen seeing as though they've just introduced one to the new iPad!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rumoured Apple are moving to a 3 year release cycle, so likely to be just another 6s style phone.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My contract expires end of July, so I may just keep the 6 and get a sim only contract then!

If the leaks are true (Multiple sources seem to confim this) then the iPhone 7 iwll be ugly as f**k! I can't believe they managed to make it uglier than this generation.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-21-at-11.58.03-800x533.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The rumours I've been seeing are suggesting that if you can, skip the 7 and wait until next year. Something about it being 10 years since the iPhone was launched so something "big" is expected. All rumours of course. If you want to take something from that, carry on, if not then that's fine too.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
If they make the 8 an updated version the 4, but with lighter, tougher gorilla glass, improved internals and an OLED screen then it will be amazing. Something like this:

iphone-7-concept_7_736x460-630x392.jpg

As for the 7, my 5S is still going strong, so debating whether or not to upgrade to the 7, or just get a 6S or a SE to tide me over until the 8.

If they make the 8 an updated version the 4, but with lighter, tougher gorilla glass, improved internals and an OLED screen then it will be amazing. Something like this:

As for the 7, my 5S is still going strong, so debating whether or not to upgrade to the 7, or just get a 6S or a SE to tide me over until the 8.

I'm actually thining about getting rid of my 6S Plus and getting an SE. I have a 5S for a work phone and it's such a joy to use. I forgot how nice one handed operation is!

Clio 197

Looks so much better than the 5 and 6. Always thought the 4 was the best looking, but the screen was too small. I'd sell my 6 and buy this tomorrow if Apple released it but chances are they won't.

Abarth 595
Not any more they dont. I have never used a case on mine and I dont think any of my mates use cases on theirs. Tends to be mainly girls who use them.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i havent used a case for years but went back to one with my 6 as its just too damn slidey in your hand, its too smooth and so was sliding out of my hand too easily so i went with the official apple leather case on the back and sides.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've recently lost my 6, so I'm unsure whether to hold out for the 7 or upgrade early to a 6S. I'm guessing there's barely any difference between the 6 and 6S? Just the usual?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've recently lost my 6, so I'm unsure whether to hold out for the 7 or upgrade early to a 6S. I'm guessing there's barely any difference between the 6 and 6S? Just the usual?

Our lass has the 6s and I can't tell any difference with my 6.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've owned the 6 Plus and now the 6S Plus. The phone is a little quicker, and it has that Force Touch thing - TBH I find that more irritating than anything else.

An orange one
The official Apple cases are amazing on the 6/S

I've got space grey in the concrete grey case and it looks great!!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Never wanted an iPhone bigger than the 5... but after using a 6 for the last couple of years there's no way I go could smaller again; it feels like a toy!

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Never wanted an iPhone bigger than the 5... but after using a 6 for the last couple of years there's no way I go could smaller again; it feels like a toy!

I thought this also.

I liked the sides to the 5 though as could get a good grip. on the 6 I find it a bit annoying to hold for too long.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Rumours surfacing today that this will now be called the 6SE due to the minimal changes, and the 7 will come next year.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe they're having issues with the direction they need to take with the phone.
Apple watch has fallen on it's arse and the whole wearables market is looking kinda shoddy right now. There were rumours about dropping the lightning port at some point too??

To be fair though if they just released one that was waterproof and had wireless charging people would step over their own mother to get it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I doubt it'll be issues, it'll be planned. It's the iPhones ten year anniversary next year, they'll be holding out for a big update. In which case i'm leading more towards keeping the 6 another 12 months.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They'll make it waterproof and call it h20 repellent or some pish!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Maybe they're having issues with the direction they need to take with the phone.
Apple watch has fallen on it's arse and the whole wearables market is looking kinda shoddy right now. There were rumours about dropping the lightning port at some point too??

To be fair though if they just released one that was waterproof and had wireless charging people would step over their own mother to get it.

Tbf until there's some major steps forward in technology all they can do is keep refining the smartphone.
Smart watches are just tacky they always have been, doomed to fail.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I doubt it'll be issues, it'll be planned. It's the iPhones ten year anniversary next year, they'll be holding out for a big update. In which case i'm leading more towards keeping the 6 another 12 months.

I'd lol if it was just a 5" and 6.5" version of this:

xl_iPhone%201-650-80.jpg