ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
First day with my 7 today. Turned up yesterday after ordering Saturday.

Bloke at work ordered his 7Plus a few weeks ago and still has at least 2 weeks until he gets it :smile:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Better for the battery if you charge it slower, so later on it will perform better.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Coming from a 6, the battery on the 7 is so much better. Lasts the whole day and can have the brightness up higher.

BMW 330ci
These mark so much easier than my gold 6 plus. I dropped my 6 so many times and hardly marked it. Dropped this once and it's took a big chunk out and revealed the silver beneath. Wasn't even very high fell off my lap into the floor as I got out the car. Annoyed isn't the word.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've noticed that the last update has fixed the landscape photo errror

But it still turns it sideways if you take a bloody screen shot grrr.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just picked up a Jet Black 7 plus 128GB in an EE store, guy who sorted it said I was lucky to get one!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've got to say the battery on the 7 is very good. I know it's still new so lasts a bit longer, but it's never been anywhere near needing a charge during the day.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just ordered an iPhone 7 128gb black :)

Deal was just to good not too.

Hope it's a worthwhile upgrade from my 6.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What's an iPhone 6 64gb space grey, unlocked from new, never used headphones, boxed with original receipt worth?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So around £275 I'd say, phone recycling places offer £230ish.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would have said 250 ish but yeah that price it should sell. It's the unlocked part the appeals.

Imo stick it on eBay pe

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£256 so mine must be worth £20 more for being unlocked and having receipt with my name on etc?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
In the past week Ive been a owner of my first iPhone. Managed to get a 7 plus 128GB in matt black. Been with android for a lot of years. Quit easy to use and attach and send stuff better than android.
Got myself a iPad Pro 12.9" 128GB too amazing bit of kit, my first iPad was a iPad 2 and wow what a big leap

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
In the past week Ive been a owner of my first iPhone. Managed to get a 7 plus 128GB in matt black. Been with android for a lot of years. Quit easy to use and attach and send stuff better than android.
Got myself a iPad Pro 12.9" 128GB too amazing bit of kit, my first iPad was a iPad 2 and wow what a big leap
Funny that, I've been with Android for years and on Saturday I got a 7 plus. So far, so good. But to be fair I don't do much on my phone other than take pics, use web and text/call.
The battery is great. I got two full days from a charge in the honey moon period.
I cant say I prefer either tbh. Both are good. I just got a good deal on the 7 plus and when It comes to upgrade time an older iphone isn't worth 50p.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just been sent a 7 as an upgrade from my 6 for work.

How do I remove/ rearrange app icons now with this stupid 3D Touch thats on it. It just gives me options of sharing app/ sending tweet etc. I hate home screens full of icons and want them in folders.

I do like that it's 95% the same phone as the 6 was, just the 5% is s**t.

Edit. Figured it out, just needed to touch it and not hold.

Last edited:
Upgrade time at the end of the month - so, my iPhone 6 which has been perfect for the past two years is beginning to be a dick.
Very likely to just upgrade to a 7 - but also toying with the idea of a 7plus. Played with one a bit in store and it seemed fine with my big hands - just unsure what it would be like to live with. Nobody I knows bothered getting one and ive probably seen a handful (and 6plus) since launch.hm.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd stick with the 7 tbh, I've got a 6 Plus and it isn't that practical when out and about (jeans pockets etc). I got the Plus thinking I'm at home the majority of the time, but in reality in that scenario I just use my iPad.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A plus just feels like a normal phone for me coming from a Note 4. I can't say it ever feels too big for me. I 100% couldn't have a normal sized one.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
A plus just feels like a normal phone for me coming from a Note 4. I can't say it ever feels too big for me. I 100% couldn't have a normal sized one.
This.

7+ here, and it feels normal almost instantly. I found an old 4 lying around the house the other day, that feels miniscule now!

Getting a 7 this week. Any screen protector recommendations? I usually end up scratching phones when up the yard lol.

Moving back to Apple after a run with android. Just like the way it will link with iPad etc.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've got one of those tempered glass ones, can't fault it tbf much better than plastic.