ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Focus ST

350z GT
I drove one around Prodrives test track last month...under steer city is all I can say when it's required to do quick direction changes....otherwise it is very balanced and can be brought back from unbelievable slides....as Tom Onslow Cole showed me lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There seems to be some sort of animal lurking in the drivers foot-well ready to bite your feet off...

2013-Ford-Focus-ST-cabin.jpg

Saw my first one in white the other day, thought it looked okay actually. The exhaust is different... I don't mind it. Five door only means it's a no go for me though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Lol at a lot of money for what it is. It significantly undercuts the Megane and Astra. Don't care to debate which is better, but its basically the cheapest in its segment. People need to wake up and realise that hot hatches are no longer £13k heaps.

This^^ it isn't 2004 anymore. Welcome to what is known as inflation.

I quite like the look of it.However... I drive various fords quite often and tbh, i am left lacking by the build quality of the recent ones. Under a year old car with 5k on the clock. got rattles and vibrations. Plastics on dash are so cheap it is untrue. Don't get me started on the shiny plastic used on the steering wheel that blinds you when the sun is out. massive design fail that imo.

I agree it looks so much better in the flesh than in pics. I enjoyed the evo review as well a few months back vs Meg, Golf and Astra. Lot of car for the money :)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Exhaust looks awful and not a fan of the yellow.

Looks like it will be a nice all rounder though, bet its nice to drive.

Mk5 golf gti
Personally the Volvo lump was the only true selling point of the last one, so the new one does nothing for me I'm afraid

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Does nothing for me either and I've gotta sell them! Overall I can't think of anything really positive about it, particularly the looks.As for the photo above, it's a per production model and the handbrake is now smaller and leather coated,and the screen is smaller and stereo is Sony.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think the fact its lost .5 of a litre but still has 250bhp is a good thing,its already quicker than the old model but on a run will return mid 30's mpg.

Its basically a different shaped 250 megane,same size lump and will handle well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Moan about mpg then moan about the lack of 5 pot! Wonders never cease!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Until tuned though the 5 pot was a thirty lump that was no quicker than my type r to be fair.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had a poke about one in the flesh last week, wasnt impressed at all with it, lack of 5 pot noise for me is a massive loss, even if this one does have more power and better mpg, lucky enough im not interested in owning one lol! (id have a previous shape RS or ST though!)

Disastra Coupe
Saw a yellow one in the flesh earlier. Got to say, if it wasn't for the colour i wouldn't have noticed it was an ST! It doesn't look bad - but it's certainly not eye catching. I know that's not their priority with it but it's a bit too subtle for me.

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
Interior looks lush :approve: but what on earth is with that handbrake handle....looks like it could be used to stop the Millenium Falcon!

Amazed its actually worse than the VXR8

Turbos.
Just think they look awful, personally. Too much going on...really noticeable shutlines, just not my thing again. My neighbour works at Ford and has had an estate version for ages. When it is parked to mine you can tell VW and Ford have completely opposite design philosophies! I'm a less is more kind of guy...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The none sport Golfs are starting to get on my tits. They're literally doing nothing. I seen the Mk7 shots. Pony!

Sporty versions are always nice though. The Mk6 Gti is a cracking looking car.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Saw a white one on the road the other night. Looked alright to be fair.

BMW M135i
Exterior is all good and well. Interior looks cheap and nasty (same problem with the fiesta too). Liked the Mk2 though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Saw an estate in blue yesterday, couldn't take my eyes off it, very impressed for a barge.

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I'd much rather save up more money and buy a Toyota GT86.

Every hot hatch these days has a bloody dull four cylinder turbo (I know the 200 doesn't, but its not long for this world).

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
True, but its got the configuration I want. RWD, normally aspirated, LSD, coupe body.

Perfect FRP successor.

It's a family hatchback. The fact that someone would rather buy a RWD 2-door coupe is of minor importance when discussing the merits of a Ford Focus. I'd rather have an Exige S.