ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Build.....

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
considering your hands fucked your still at it chicken-pie! if i pop down it will be the 22nd bud hopefully you wont have gangreen by then

Mustang, S13, AX GT
A few years ago when I went to bolton cruise there were a couple of cars there with bike cans and they were loud as fook, they were always mounted sh*t though so I kinda like it on yours mate

Not feeling the exhaust so far but you've put some graft into the car. Will be interesting to see how it goes along and what the finished article looks like.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Changing the colour mate?

Filler work looks good from the pics. Be interesting to see the finished product.

Did you see a lot of ripples on your clio doors ect... mate?

RenaultSport 172.
cheers mate :)

Nope, no ripples what so ever :D...the bodyshop did a good job!

yeah, the colours going the new corsa vxr artic edition white :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah should look nice good choice in colour. No black bits? All white?

Looks like it's coming along well, fair play to you for getting stuck in with the body work too:D

I'm not really a fan of 206's at all, but I can't wait to see it finshed, if it's like your previous cars it'll look ace:cool:

- i'll reserve judgement on the bike can exhaust for now though ;)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Looks really well so far, not so sure about the exhaust.... kinda a clash of two styles:
Chav and Euro. Im sure you'll make it work though Ross.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
cheers fella's :D

gally, its taken 2 months at the moment, hoping another week?
You were having problems with sinking on your clio?
Obv the same will happen over time with the fiberglass and filler.

I admire your work as a qualified body repairer mate.

RenaultSport 172.
yeah, as with any smoothed car, sinking is bound to happen!...its not so bad if the car is stored in a heated garage where the temp stays the same, but when its a daily driver with mixed temps its unavoidable...

cheers dude, havent had a clue what im doing, its all trial and error...

Is there no way to weld in sheet like has been done for the handle recess' to avoid the dreaded shrink/cracking you get with fillers etc?

RenaultSport 172.
yeah...everything that i can possibley been done has been done ; plastic welding...metal welding etc...sinking will always happen tho; it'l either show the outline of the thing your covering or it will ripple in the light...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks good but your not the first to do the exhaust, people were doing that years ago...

also sorry but its wrong to put a jimmy up sticker on some euro box...

RenaultSport 172.
looks good but your not the first to do the exhaust, people were doing that years ago...

Wind your neck in!

I never said i was the first to do the exaughst :S...i said i was mixing styles together...So get up off your high horse and read what's been wrote ;)

also sorry but its wrong to put a jimmy up sticker on some euro box...

Says who?....

Just remember:
''Trying To Argue On The Internet Is Like Taking Part In The Paralympics; Even If You Win Your Still A r****d.''

What does that 'jimmy up' sticker mean ? What car is meant to go on ?

jimmy up comes from the drift world dude, loadsa JDM/drift cars use it...

M

mini-valver

Not keen on the exhaust but I like where you're going with it. Cant wait to see it finished!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Right, after the ordering and purchasing was complete from halfords, i got on the phone to phil at powerflow in stafford to make me a full custom SS exaughst system; using a motor bike can as the backbox lying across the back bumper.

Out to be different & set the trends; not a sheep and to follow them.

to claim your setting a trend means your an originator... which your not so you cant set a trend that was started years ago...

so wind your neck in and take criticism or dont come on here showing pics...

putting drift stickers on something that isnt drift or usdm or jdm just doesnt look right

Malice, trends are generally a progression of some previous trend. His point is he is taking various trends and borrowing from them and making something new, a potential NEW trend.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
to claim your setting a trend means your an originator... which your not so you cant set a trend that was started years ago...

so wind your neck in and take criticism or dont come on here showing pics...

putting drift stickers on something that isnt drift or usdm or jdm just doesnt look right

If you dont like the thread or going to argue dont read it. simple as

Great work Rage:)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did i say i didnt like the thread lol??

in life some people will like things and others wont some of you need to stop brown nosing lol, i pointed out what i didnt like and made a comment, im very sorry i dont fit in you're perfect mold and say i like everything lol

Gem

Racing Blue 182
This looks promising but I am not in love with the exhaust. Spoils the whole look of the car IMO.

As long as you're happy with it though mate! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

RenaultSport 172.
Malice, i can take negative views..i had it when i was building the clio...just look at my old build threads!...this one is going to generate alot of it, but ive learnt to love the haters...something you have to do in the scene of euro...

Alot of people are scared to be different, if we were all the same wouldnt the world be a boring place..?

RenaultSport 172.
UPDATE:D

Its all in primer now :D
...SHOULD be going in for paint tomorrow...and mid next week i should be getting it back :D yay!

DSC00349.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

DSC00354-1.jpg

And this shows how the new arches tuck the standard steels LMFAO :D

DSC00350-1.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
Paul; Its a common thing to do with them tbh, so ive deleted everything else...bar them; and theyre going gloss black :D

Porsche Boxster987S
Paul; Its a common thing to do with them tbh, so ive deleted everything else...bar them; and theyre going gloss black :D

fair paly. My mate has a heavily modded pug done by pug eccosse with WIDE arches etc and completly smooth. Think the bonnet looks much 'cleaner' without the vents. Each to their own though:)

RenaultSport 172.
They do yeah paul...but alot of people keep the side strips of which ive deleted...so i need as much small details to break the car up as possible :D