ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lunar Grey Mk1 Hybrid Project

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Just read from the start, great effort. Looks fantastic

Cheers Mr G! dont suppose you do pads for wilwoods?

Cheers danny! This is mainly a combination of You,Ghosty,beanie and foxys fault this happened!

really nice mate, heard its coming up to Beanie at some point?

Hoh yes! he is the only person i want wiring my car up! (new loom FTW!)

Proper. Love it mate.
Cheers Luke!

Bravo, don't see many mk1s with this much dedication put in these days

No you dont and thats kinda the point! They way i see it the mk1 was like genesis to the modern RS Clio worthy of as much attention as any other! Especially as it was meant to be a track day hack... kinda gone abit over the top!

Not that im that bothered, but i kinda thought there would be more interest on here, although in all fairness its just another track car :)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Cheers will look when i get a second! Going to be making a switchbox/centreconsole similar to the TMS E92 race car (below) will also help hide venting and heater matrix, out of fiberglass then get it flocked.

interior-3-e92-gt3.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So got another dash in post £30..
Thanks to asdas finest value cornflakes
wpid-IMG_20130105_124341.jpg

Used first dash as template
wpid-IMG_20130105_130347.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130105_130446.jpg

Then used new templates on new dash
wpid-IMG_20130106_124759.jpg

wpid-IMG_20130106_124622.jpg

Last pic dash has dropped but that will be ammended when I sort out a center panel

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That top dash actually looks like it pretty much does away with the need for the lower dash actually, as its so much more self contained than my ph1 version:

6397afac.jpg

Will see how you get on managing to fit the dash 2 into the ph2 dash first, but I think I might actually copy you and swap to the ph2 instead if I can then get away with just the top dash and not need the bottom dash at all as TBH its of pretty limited use in mine anyway as not like I have a radio in it, lol

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
dash fits perfect between the cage!

tell me about it, id like to say i knew it would be like that...however it was sheer fluke!

Chip:

started making the center panel at work today, out of wood, then if it fits well will make it out of fiberglass/carbon fibre (never worked with carbon but will give it a bash if im feeling brave!) But that should give it a bit more support.

Thing is the dash does come forward a bit, so much, in fact, that if my center console was straight down every time i change gear id hit the console. So im going to hav to angle the lower part back.... hit or miss lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
God luck mate, will watch how you get on as no point me trying it if you are going to and I can just copy at the end, as ive got a lot of other stuff on my plate at the moment anyway, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That looks massively better than I expected TBH, goes well having the yellow bits same as the cage etc, nice one :)

Scone, not got an MOT at the moment, but wouldnt take a lot to pass one, although would need a few jobs doing before it back how it used to be, but not sure if I will ever put it back on the road as dont really have a use for it anymore.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Was under a tarp last time i saw that cossie!

Rain stoppedplay today sorry all! Maybe update tomorrow

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
So started the day early trial fitting new centre panel.
Fits OK needs more adjustment before I remake it out of fiberglass

Even though the dash isn’t fitted yet the dash fit is solid with new panel in!

Then we set about fitting rear aerocatches to the bonnet a job I’ve put off for ages…so towed the car to father in laws for electrics Lol
Fitted catches only to find that it then sat waaaaay too high on the car.
So we had to fabricate and rivit on some basic “L” brackets in order for the pins to sit a lot lower as the thread pitch stops below the top of the wing
This solved the problem! Yay! Also has made it a lot stronger!

Then set about mounting the new washer bottle in the cabin.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fcs is local to us this year mate. At Combe, get booked on as soon as the tickets go on sale. Will give you a realistic target to aim for.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Tell me about it result huh!

My aim is to have her mechanically ready by then! I.e bodies fitted interior complete. Still lots to acquire yet!

But I'm determined for Beanie and Moo to rewire the car. Possibly one of the more expensive parts. So putting that off til last.

She'll be there though! I'll trailer it!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me about it result huh!
My aim is to have her mechanically ready by then! I.e bodies fitted interior complete. Still lots to acquire yet!
But I'm determined for Beanie and Moo to rewire the car. Possibly one of the more expensive parts. So putting that off til last.
She'll be there though! I'll trailer it!

i will come say hi when you do as i'm extremely local to them now
or could go half's and get both taken up at the same time....ha