ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lunar Grey Mk1 Hybrid Project

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Thanks John, gotta be honest the paint finish is fantastic... but ive built it to have fun on track, andyes i probably will be gutted when i scratch it .. but meh... ill get it painted again lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Let me know if you want a hand having it mot'd and mapped for you as it can be a hassle doing it all at once when it's on aftermarket.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Cheers chip, hows it difficult im about to step well and truly into the unknown...

2012-07-24 17.24.09.jpg

parts hoard getting bigger! lol
omex, which is getting sent to OMEX to have 70d firmware installed FOC as its new.
aerocatches
172 flywheel and coil pack
new lamda
new map sensor
new waterbottle and pump

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Difficult in terms of you can't mot it till its mapped and the trouble is you can't shake it down till it has an mot. Nothing more annoying than paying for rollin road time and then finding out you have some silly niggle that prevents it being mapped.

But we can book it in for an not at my mates place and then map it on the way there and back :)

Then just finish it off for a couple hours on the rollers.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
wpid-20120725_190602.jpg

wpid-20120725_192037.jpg

wpid-20120725_192055_HDR.jpg

wpid-20120725_192104_HDR.jpg

Standalone baby!
wpid-20120724_172409.jpg

Also
172 flywheel
Aerocatches
172 coil pack
Camber bolts
Map sensor
Lambda
Washerbottle kit

I’ve wanted one of these for so long (since i had a go in an M3 race car)

wpid-20120725_183718.jpg

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
FLOL! Well chuffed with it mate, really nice bit of kit.

But i now have to send my omex back to OMEX for the firmware to be updatedto 70d,for telemetry. Omex said as its a new unit they would do it FOC :)

its a really nice bit of kit tbh

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
With the autronic I can program general purpose control tables to send all sorts of stuff to it. Then you realise all you really care about is lambda, temps, pressures and rpm. Lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Amazing work as always mate. I very rarely venture into the projects section, but always like to have a gander at this.

Looks brilliant :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So are you expecting to get it out on track this year?

Someone was selling a burpspeed llandow place IIRC, thats near end of september. Or is it going to be another year again?

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
amazing how clean a new screen makes a car look!

yeah really given me a boost :)

Amazing work as always mate. I very rarely venture into the projects section, but always like to have a gander at this.

Looks brilliant :)

Cheers dude! labour of love and learning :) Glad sombody else on here

So are you expecting to get it out on track this year?

Someone was selling a burpspeed llandow place IIRC, thats near end of september. Or is it going to be another year again?
pfft it'll be ready when its ready lol

i'd rather things are done right than i rush to get things done for a set date and end up doing things twice

im genuinly in no rush..

not a huge amount left now though tbh

sunroof blank
need better seat mounts imo
harness
complete re wiring Mr Beanie and Moo have offered their wiring services :)
8 new nipples on the wilwoods and a good full bleed
mapping
mot
tax
insure
shakedown
track :)

Might need your help with setting up the dash2 at some point Chip, looks fairly straight forward but im now in alien territory lol

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Today we fitted my lasercut sunroof blank!Big thanks to Steve and Ryan @ http://www.pmapowdercoating.co.uk/ they previously used my car as a dummy for shot blasting.. all the engine bay has been done by those lads! Great turn around.Fitted my black which steve powdercoated for me and powdercoated some sealed rivits for me but unfortunatly i had 2 missing… gutted its always the way isnt it!Also set about fitting my seats aswell! Another job by PMA was to adapt my seat runners to fit the Phase1 adaptor plates another job they have aced! Thanks Lads!anyway heres some pics!

Also seats now fit thanks to Steve at PMA POWDERCOATING what a star he also did laser cut sunroof blank

So as i seem to of made a panel fairly simply, thought i would try this again! for my dash2.
heres where ive got so far!

So fitted passenger seat today

And set about marking up a newer mk2 Clio dash to try make that fit

Hopefully the vents will pop back in after but I may just fibreglass the lot lol

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Yay, its still progressing :)

Might actually finish it this year...well not this year..might be tight in 2days lol but hopefully 2013 ftw!

Its starting to look more and more like a car now! Going to chop the dash today see if she fits!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Also putting serious thought into trumpets...

if sombody could confirm that i need the Jenvey 118mmx45mm ITBS and 90mm trumpets?

Obviously i need the linkage, inlet manifold, backing plate, etc etc

Can sombody tell me which is the better set up? Injectors in the head or mounted to the jenveys?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The closer the injectors are the better at low rpm, and the further they are the better at high rpm, so there is no single correct answer.

Mounted in the base manifold works well generally speaking as a compromise, hence most setups are done that way.

The more inlet length the better with these engines really, especially if you are on standard rod bolts?

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
The closer the injectors are the better at low rpm, and the further they are the better at high rpm, so there is no single correct answer.

Mounted in the base manifold works well generally speaking as a compromise, hence most setups are done that way.

The more inlet length the better with these engines really, especially if you are on standard rod bolts?

Yes mate, stock bottom end. :) Will probs feck about with that in the future!

So got busy with grinder today!We have a dash! Well a dash top! Out a Mk2 Ph2 But that’s all I need lol! Took a bit too much out but meh I’ll get another and use this as a template!

Got to keep heater vents too! A bonus! Will pipe them up to a lightweight T7 design heater. Whoop quite happy dossnt look like it needs much more work to fit right!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dash looks brilliant. But I can't help but think the twin binacle shape won't look as right with the dash2 as a ph1 single binacle shape does?
Rest of it looks way better though, so modern compared to the hateful mk1 rubbish :)

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
First time i see your project on here mate!
Looking sexy as always!

Cheers dude!

If he had an ecu that can handle it, that's a good way to get the best of both worlds.

Omex 600 not support that then?

Dash looks brilliant. But I can't help but think the twin binacle shape won't look as right with the dash2 as a ph1 single binacle shape does?
Rest of it looks way better though, so modern compared to the hateful mk1 rubbish :)

I quite like the phase2 :) lil bit different. So much more modern though! Cant believe the difference really :) Ordered another one on ebay to make the final out of as we cut too much out of it, then will sort out some fixings as the mk1 stuff is totally different. Will fill the gaps and get it flocked. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No mate the omex 600 cant even run sequential fuelling on 4 injectors let alone run 8!

You dont need 8 injectors anyway, not like you will be running 9000rpm, just use the 4 nearest the head, might cost you 2bhp at the rev limiter if you are unlucky but thats about it realistically.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
2bhp?! Jeeeez! Dunno if i can afford to loose that PMSL.

Think even if i forge the bottom end im only planning on hitting 8k. let alone a Vtec-esq 9k!

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Cheers lads! Got it out the garage and got all excited! Looks like a car again!

Impressed with myself! lol

As chip said its a Cammed 2.0 Williams f7r