ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Re: The life of... SharkyUK's Trophy [& Fred's V6]

So close now I bet you're like a child at christmas :)
I'm tempering my excitement, Keith. Just in case something goes wrong! :) Hopefully it won't but you never know... and, as said previous in the thread, if there are any 'weaknesses' then the mapping will most likely show them up. Such are the nature of car modifications!

But I'm a teensy bit excited :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Such a tease!
Moi? :)

Spill the beans.
Not much to spill at the moment mate... I am picking her up tomorrow and updates will follow :)

I hope I'll get a heads up ;)
;) Of course.

Get the results up! :)

I'm excited, not even my car FFS!
Haha! I don't know the final figures yet mate, but they were a little down on what was hoped for.

It's the heat mate :)

He might be talking about getting a mortgage offer accepted ;)
Bingo - you guessed it mate :)

I thought it was with reference to his lean muscle mass on the up #dreamboat
B**tard! :eek: Thanks hun x #beastmodeengaged

32degC in the dyno cell today, t'was a bit warm!
Aye - positively tropical! It even sounded hot on the phone :)

Exciting times
Indeed mate - can't wait to pick it up.

cryo ' needed to supercool the place ! ;)
I think it should happen... :)

So...

Yes, the good news is that I received a phone call today from pretty much out of the blue and my Trophy is ready for collection! It's been run-in and mapped and she's waiting for me :) As mentioned above, the figures were a little lower than hoped for but I'm putting that down to the extreme heat and the engine being tight! LOL! Not sure on the torques but the bhp is circa 210 (I think). I'll find out more tomorrow. I can't freaking wait!!!!

I'll provide an update or two over the next day or two all being well. I need to put some miles on this new engine that Fred has built me :)

Massive thanks to, of course, Fred@BTM and RSTuning for their sterling efforts and time. And thanks to friends who have helped out along the way as well (@Chi, I'm looking at you). I can't wait to put some miles on and to enjoy it. That ITB sound... mmm... lovely. But I want to try that LSD out! Exciting times :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Finally I only ever log on here to see how this car is getting on and I'm really glad it's up and running and fairly healthy.

trophy #417

Good to see it back up and running enjoy the running in miles

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

I'll believe it when see it. I think your trophy is now a thing of myth, to maintain CS elite (oh hai) status. ;)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1

Awesome news... Still love mine 2 years on. You won't get bored of the noise out the front and back haha

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I'd put the "low" figure mainly down to the fact that people are too used to over inflated nonsense figures from rollers that arent accurate.

Ie 210 is actually pretty good going considering thats a 40 odd bhp increase over a standard car on the same rollers just from some hotter cams, a little more compression, and a set of bodies, thats acutally a very significant increase considering no boost.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

Great news mate, very happy for you.

When are you collecting it, today?

Evo 5 RS

210 on those rollers going by results on here in the past is damn good going, especially during a hot July! Bet you're properly chuffed. I miss mine :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Just arrived in Leeds. Will report back later :) Don't get me wrong, I'm far from unhappy with the result. It's realistically what was expected and I'm over the freaking moon :) Got to run... Laters :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Just arrived in Leeds. Will report back later :) Don't get me wrong, I'm far from unhappy with the result. It's realistically what was expected and I'm over the freaking moon :) Got to run... Laters :)

:clap::clap: Great News mate :D glad its sorted at last !
Enjoy it Andy you REALLY deserve it after what you have been thru !

Did you get the rad sorted ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Heat shouldnt be a big factor as the rollers will have added BHP on to allow for it being a hot day, it has a correction factor built in.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Heat shouldnt be a big factor as the rollers will have added BHP on to allow for it being a hot day, it has a correction factor built in.

I know i meant for when he gets it back home

Evo 5 RS

It was 32c in the Dyno. Error correction isn't exactly 100% accurate way of accommodating for the great powers of mother nature.

It's only approximate so if it was really that warm, I'd still say 210 is good going. Captain Answer For Everything :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

It was 32c in the Dyno. Error correction isn't exactly 100% accurate way of accommodating for the great powers of mother nature.

It's only approximate so if it was really that warm, I'd still say 210 is good going. Captain Answer For Everything :p

Indeed its not 100% accurate as no calculation is (including the one that converted the figure he got of 178@wheels to guessing 210@flywheel), and I have no idea if it actually over corrects or under corrects specifically for 32 degrees, I am just explaining to people that in theory when you run your car at 15 degrees and then at 30 degrees, the final figrue should be the same, as one will correct up and one will correct down and they should meet in the middle, as a lot of people are under the impression that the reading you are given is the power it made that day, it isnt, its the power it made that day used as a base figure and then the dyno standardises it back to a particular temperature and atmospheric pressure.
210 is a nice figure on a hot or a cold day on a dyno that is famed for not being overly generous.

Lionel Richie

It made over 200 - that'll do!

We could stick the AT sensor in a kettle next time and it'd do better ;)

RB 182

Mine is of very similar spec to this and made 212 on Pauls rollers, so readings are pretty much spot on. Bet you loved the drive back home with the ITB's ;)