ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Knockhill Thread.

Anybody ever cancelled and got a refund? I'm booked on to the 25th but can't make it anymore. Alternatively does anyone know if I can change the name on the booking to sell it to one of you lot?
I'd be intrested in taking this booking off your hands if its possible?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Anybody ever cancelled and got a refund? I'm booked on to the 25th but can't make it anymore. Alternatively does anyone know if I can change the name on the booking to sell it to one of you lot?
They mucked one up for me and refunded, other option is roll it over, or of course sell my t on, Fraser is going to sign, might be worth a text??....... Or It's worth a call to knock hill as they are quite helpful

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Jes
They mucked one up for me and refunded, other option is roll it over, or of course sell my t on, Fraser is going to sign, might be worth a text??....... Or It's worth a call to knock hill as they are quite helpful
Jesus Christ my one handed typing is shocking, hope you managed to translate that last message!!!!

Ph2 172
If I can just change the name I'll do that for one of the lads on here. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Anyone got a trailer and could help me out moving my 172 from Glasgow to Stirling ish. Obviously I would pay for the help!

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
Was meant to go offshore tomorrow but had been cancelled!!! Will try and get out on the 25th, need to get my brakes sorted though

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
M
Who's going Sunday? Weather looks to have turned, I'm 50/50 on going.
I'm up with Fraser and Arran mate, with ot being am Open Day and not sessions the weather isn't so much of an issue, as its a littlemore sensible.....

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Glad i booked now, was going to chance it on the day as well thinking it wouldn't be full.

Looking forward to it though, just some pms mounts to fit and a few niggles to sort before hand this weekend :smile: Just missed a brian james trailer on gumtree today too gutted!

stumac

ClioSport Club Member
b****cks, I didn't book either, thought there would be spaces available a few days before as normal
Will pop down anyway

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Glad i booked now, was going to chance it on the day as well thinking it wouldn't be full.

Looking forward to it though, just some pms mounts to fit and a few niggles to sort before hand this weekend :smile: Just missed a brian james trailer on gumtree today too gutted!
you have to be quick mate, especially when they are local!!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
When is next trackday at knockhill ? How much is it ? And do I need to do anything to the car before taking on track ?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
When is next trackday at knockhill ? How much is it ? And do I need to do anything to the car before taking on track ?
There's a hot hatch trackday on the 24th of this month. They were £55 if you prebooked last year. Not sure about this year, knockhill's website doesn't seem to have any track prices yet!

Only thing you 'need' is a tow eye and a helmet. I'd recommend making sure your brakes are all up to scratch though, especially the fluid. Tyres too!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure, I just stuck to doing open pit lanes last year. @CallyTeee done a few iirc though.

I can't see any dates for the OPLs on knockhill's website yet, the whole trackday bit is just empty! Only the hot hatch days they have up.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Yea I noticed that on there website my breakes and full service were done in Aug and were fine for its mot last week so she be good for 24th, I bought a towing eye yesterday funny enough lol I'm sure I have a helmet for my crosser will that do or do i need a specific car one.

How are the hothatch days recently?
My first this year is booked for Feb 13th with trackscotland, is there a complete list of dates anywhere?

If your booked with trackscotland it'll be a open pit lane I'm sure.

Hot hatch days are better than what they used to be, MOST of the nutters have gave up or died off. I quite enjoy them. They group you by power, and road or track condition. So it's more even than just getting chased by evos.

Some people don't rate hot hatch day but it's all personal experience I think.

Aye it is, which as a format i really like. Done a good number of their days now.
Be nice to get out withsome more clios sometime this year too.
Good to hear theyve calmed down, used to be a bit destruction derby!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Ive done one Hot hatch day and that was more than enough, Granted it was a good few years back now but i much, much prefer OPL days as opposed to sessioned days

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Aye it is, which as a format i really like. Done a good number of their days now.
Be nice to get out withsome more clios sometime this year too.
Good to hear theyve calmed down, used to be a bit destruction derby!
You'll get out with plenty of Clios, we had almost 20 in 1 session last year ;).

I'll be heading up for the grant rally event Stuart so might see you up there.....

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
@cpaterson76 who is 'we'? Cliosport session?
No, the Clio is just the weapon of choice for Knockhill (as you'll know). One of the sessions last year got a commentary by the Knockhill marshals in the office as it was like a full on Clio race. In the height of the summer you will find a group of 12 ish guys who come from the west for racing (sorry a friendly outing), but on average there are 10 - 20 guys on track with Clio's spread through the sessions, but with them now trying to put you in horse power classes the Clio's generally end up in the one group.

The last sessions day had road cars in session 1, cars up to 200hp in session 2 & 3 and it worked up from there....... there's is no hard and fast ruling on it though. I was in sessions 2 & 5, where you can still keep up or beat the higher horse power cars......... all good fun

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
A quick update FYI on Knockhills hot hatch track days..... These are Knochills provisional listed events so they may be subject to change. No open days or track nights are listed yet and there will be other track days / nights through private organisers (monster / trackscotland / etc.) as well.........

24 January (Sunday) Hot hatch
21 February (Sunday) Hot Hatch
20 March (Sunday) Hot Hatch
17 April (Sunday) SLS & Hot Hatch
8 May (Sunday) Ford Live & Hot Hatch
22 May (Sunday) SLS, Japenese & 2 session track day
3 July (Sunday) GERMAN / VAG show & Hot Hatch
28 August (Sunday) VAUXHALL LIVE & Hot Hatch
18 September (Sunday) SLS Finale, Paul Walker tribute & 2 session track day
16 October (Sunday) Hot Hatch
13 November (Sunday) Hot Hatch
4 December (Sunday) Hot Hatch