ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The iPhone thread

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPhone event at Apple HQ next Thursday with info on the SDK and Enterprise enhancements (possibly Exchange support?).

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
wats the best skin for the iphone..2
that isnt to thick and bulky and also has a gd clear screen protector??
with th screen protector film u can buy..wont this just cover up the speaker?!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The anti glare screen protector that Apple sell is excellent and doesn't show fingerprints as much as the Crystal set they also sell. The film has cut out sections for the speaker and home button.

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
i did read it.
only skin tlked about was invisible shield and i didnt want tht..so wats the harm in askin.

Rav4
whats happened to the ziphone site?

I cannot download ziphone, none of the links work.

Thinking of upgrading to 1.1.4

Many thanks,

G.

Rav4
Oh i see,

you go through another way.

:)

Fine, that works perfectly.

Shall I upgrade to 1.1.4?

I want exchange and flash.!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPhone confirmed to get:

Push Email
Push Calendar
Push Contacts
Global Address List
Cisco VPM
Certificates and WPA2/ 802.1x
Security Policies
Device Config
Remote Wipe
ActiveSync
Exchange Support

http://live.gizmodo.com/

Citroen DS3 DSport
Not sure but EA and Sega have been on the stage with games. Impressive stuff so far. Supermonkeyball looks great :)

Apple dismissed Flash earlier this week so I'd be surprised if they announce its inclusion today. They are awaiting a more mobile friendly version.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
btw on the subject of iphone contracts im guessing most of you got your free mins upgrade but did u know u can now pay 7 quid and get unlimited texts or unlimited calls to 02 numbers or unlimited weekend calls etc... actually makes the contracts pretty good, for 52 quid i get 1200mins and unlim txts with unlim data etc... its much better now :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I'd hoped for something far sooner than June.

I'll download the SDK and look blankly at it :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
BBC iplayer now working via browser, whistle blower currently only programme working.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah I'd hoped for something far sooner than June.

I'll download the SDK and look blankly at it :D

I wouldn't bother. From what I can work out, the following applies:

1) The SDK + Simulator are available freely
2) If you want to run your code on a real device you have to pay $99 to become a member of the developer programme, this obviously also includes distribution channels.

It's a pretty good deal and a good way of making revenue from "open source", as anybody wanting to compile and then runan application on their phone will have to pay the $99. Apps can free, but binaries can only be distributed via the online store.

Interesting stuff.

Edit:

The sdk page says one thing and the actual developer center page once logged in says another. It seems to imply that the free sdk is capable of running/debugging on a real device.

Downloading anyway, farewell jailbreak - it was nice knowing you.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
pah! 15 minute edit...

Still not entirely clear! Although I'm now leaning more to the the everybody can compile+run on a real device. Different apple pages seem to be contradicting themselves! The keynote contradicts their own site.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I'd noticed that too. I could never get near the download server last night so I'll try again tonight.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah I'd noticed that too. I could never get near the download server last night so I'll try again tonight.

I'm downloading it now - all 2+ gigs of it. I might get a chance to have a play later. No interface builder in the new one, which is a bit of a shame because that is one of the real kick-ass things about the desktop development environment.

I still think the $99 is a good deal for developers regardless. Basically iTunes will do your marketing for you and you can set the price of your app. Obviously apple take a cut, but from the developer point of view all you literally have to do is write your app.

I can see this weekend being expensive.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd read it was Leopard only but did not know you needed an Intel Mac. Fortunately I have both.

Could prove very expensive for you if you want to use it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Is Leopard & Intel only.

And confirmed.

The "free sdk" cannot run apps on the phone, you need to pay the $99 to run on real hardware.

Which confirms what I though I was reading on the Apple site in places. I think they need to clear up their site because their is confusing & conflicting information on there!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I did fear that $99 would be required to upload apps to the iPhone usng the SDK, I'll probably not bother downloading it now. Thanks for confirming that.

The major thing here is Exchange support.. it's the killer app.

Now watch the iPhone take off like crazy ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The major thing here is Exchange support.. it's the killer app.

Now watch the iPhone take off like crazy ;)

Serious platform kill. Farewell windows mobile, we knew you well...

The application sales model is killer.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My boss said "lets sign up", but the developer programme is not available outside the US yet - and it's only available to selected developers at the moment as well.